Nederland vs PNG MCM #100! Official thread :)

bulldawg64

Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?

• Nederland
    • PNG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:00 PM

52 minutes ago, Reagan said:

For PNG, will I. Nguyen get over 200 yards rushing?  Thoughts?

I only watched Nederland against Santa Fe and FBM. The way their d-line played against Santa Fe, I thought PNG would have no trouble at all running against Nederland. The Bulldogs were better against the run for FBM, but FBM tends to do a lot of “run to the side, then try to cut up” stuff and Nederland was able to blow that up. PNG goes right at you, and the Indian o-line is very good, very aggressive, and they work well as a unit. That’s going to be a problem for the Bulldogs. They might try what Dayton did and pull everyone up close for the run. For dayton, that exposed the secondary more than literally pulling their pants down and Bailey had a career night. But for Nederland, that might tempt PNG into an interception. 

On 10/24/2023 at 10:38 AM, NDNmom91 said:

Didn’t go this year but from watching the live feed and what I heard from PNG Band parents…both Drumlines and students were chanting stuff back n forth at the end and a lady who I suppose works for NISD got on the mic, said “This is supposed to be a camaraderie NOT a BATTLE” and shut it down!  Everyone was pretty confused cause for one it’s actually called MCM Drumline BATTLE and other than a bigger crowd and students being a little more rowdy…it was pretty much the same as last year and kids seemed to just be having fun …idk!  
I thought it looked pretty tame compared to the stuff we did back in the day….lol!  

Ok, I'll admit that I'm old, but I don't get the "Daddy's Money" thing.  Can someone shed some light on it for me?

On a serious note. It’s a far cry from the old days. Waking up, reading what Bob West or Tom Halliburton wrote up Tuesday through Friday. The area coverage definitely isn’t what it once was. The rivalry is a lot calmer than it once was… I had a hand in burning some strategic letters on a certain field. But this game never goes as planned, other than the Ethridge years, Malone years, and Neauman years. So I expect it to be a battle from beginning to end. No prediction, because this game is simply unpredictable…… I do think it’s a huge game for Monte. But we are getting closer.

47 minutes ago, PNG Proud said:

Ok, I'll admit that I'm old, but I don't get the "Daddy's Money" thing.  Can someone shed some light on it for me?

I got no clue either…lol!  I guess that’s supposed to be an insult saying PNG people are “snooty” and the kids are spoiled?  Like they AREN’T?? smh 🤔🤣

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I guess that's what it means. Makes no sense one way or the other. Stupid if you ask me...

My (unsolicited and unnecessary) advice is don’t try to understand Gen Z humor. It’s a different language. I’m a millenial and I feel like a Baby Boomer when I talk to Gen Z. 

18 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

On a serious note. It’s a far cry from the old days. Waking up, reading what Bob West or Tom Halliburton wrote up Tuesday through Friday. The area coverage definitely isn’t what it once was. The rivalry is a lot calmer than it once was… I had a hand in burning some strategic letters on a certain field. But this game never goes as planned, other than the Ethridge years, Malone years, and Neauman years. So I expect it to be a battle from beginning to end. No prediction, because this game is simply unpredictable…… I do think it’s a huge game for Monte. But we are getting closer.

I miss the coverage. Now, with old media and the newspapers dying, it’s probably all they can afford to do a post-game write up. 

11 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

My (unsolicited and unnecessary) advice is don’t try to understand Gen Z humor. It’s a different language. I’m a millenial and I feel like a Baby Boomer when I talk to Gen Z. 

Lol. You know my problem? Idk what Gen Z, Millennial or even Baby Boomer even means. It’s kinda like saying people act a certain way because of their zodiac sign. I’m not going for it. Lol. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I guess that's what it means. Makes no sense one way or the other. Stupid if you ask me...

I'm not certain but I believe it became a "twitter battle" between the students because PNG had all the upgrades and Nederland didn't have anything at all.  

I saw one Nederland student is going to need more than Daddy's Money to avoid jail time. We had so much more fun with the rivalry in the 90's and now all it comes to is some twitter comments and half-@$$ snide chants. 

Need to do better and get back to burning letters in fields, egging yard signs, egging the stands, stuff like that. 

29 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I saw one Nederland student is going to need more than Daddy's Money to avoid jail time. We had so much more fun with the rivalry in the 90's and now all it comes to is some twitter comments and half-@$$ snide chants. 

Need to do better and get back to burning letters in fields, egging yard signs, egging the stands, stuff like that. 

No - Criminality doesn’t make a rivalry “better.” It makes it dumber, that’s all.  

26 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I agree!  We didn’t have cell phones and all that weak sauce “Twitter-chat-insta-book” stuff back then.  Our pranks required lots of planning, creativity, stealth, and were executed with military style precision….good times!  😛

13 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

No - Criminality doesn’t make a rivalry “better.” It makes it dumber, that’s all.  

Ah yes, fond memories of the stupid days of Nederland pouring black paint on the  quadrangle totem pole we used to have outside & PNG just as stupidly painting windows purple at their high school.  Stupid youth with costly pranks!

The rivalry is much weaker now than it used to be in the aspect of pranks and such. Thats because if you pull a prank you will go straight to jail and will not pass go. My senior year we drove by Nederland and threw eggs out the window. Guess who was standing there throwing them back. The Nederland principle. It was just accepted fun. Sure some took it to far, but it was a lot of clean fun. Now you cant hurt feelings our throw and egg w/o assault charges. Please understand I do not condone hurting anyone in anyway. Just stating the obvious. I know PNG hires a security guard who stays all night at the stadium guarding it from Nederland folks and I am sure Nederland has some sort security in place. There are so many stories about this game that are just pure enjoyment and I am not even talking about the game. The incident at LCM is a good reason why this sort of thing happens. Best of luck. I am sure whomever is the best team will win. In this game usually either team can be the best no matter the record. 

49 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

The rivalry is much weaker now than it used to be in the aspect of pranks and such. Thats because if you pull a prank you will go straight to jail and will not pass go. My senior year we drove by Nederland and threw eggs out the window. Guess who was standing there throwing them back. The Nederland principle. It was just accepted fun. Sure some took it to far, but it was a lot of clean fun. Now you cant hurt feelings our throw and egg w/o assault charges. Please understand I do not condone hurting anyone in anyway. Just stating the obvious. I know PNG hires a security guard who stays all night at the stadium guarding it from Nederland folks and I am sure Nederland has some sort security in place. There are so many stories about this game that are just pure enjoyment and I am not even talking about the game. The incident at LCM is a good reason why this sort of thing happens. Best of luck. I am sure whomever is the best team will win. In this game usually either team can be the best no matter the record. 

Yeah we don’t need to bring back the bad old days of that crap going on.  Although the pep rallies for MCM games was much better then than now!

People put on the nostalgia tinted glasses and remanece about the good old days of law breaking in the name of a rivalry then turn around and blow up facebook about how terrible kids are now lol 

"All these kids cursing and sagging these days. Back in my day we destroyed public property like proper citizens!"

44 minutes ago, Looper said:

People put on the nostalgia tinted glasses and remanece about the good old days of law breaking in the name of a rivalry then turn around and blow up facebook about how terrible kids are now lol 

"All these kids cursing and sagging these days. Back in my day we destroyed public property like proper citizens!"

Right - The site holds a congressional committee every time someone sneezes from a little chalk in the air, and we’re supposed to believe it would be better if the kids were actually doing purposeful harm.