McCarthy out as Speaker of the House

Bobcat1

• Bobcat1 changed the title to McCarthy out as Speaker of the House
2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

How dare they have independent thoughts, they should stay in mindless lockstep like democrats.

Hey, the old fool in the White House, he’s our leader, don’t ask questions, just fall in line.

Oh to be dumb and dependent, life would be so much simpler, lol.

Exactly what big girl, ut alum, and donthecon do.  They don’t have the ability to think for themselves.  Follow like the good sheeple they are.

Matt Gaetz the leader of the 8 morons. He tries to say it wasn't personal but it was nothing but personal.

When your first comment is "I could vote for almost anybody but McCarthy" it was nothing but personal.

Those buffoons just can't help themselves.

Yes, we have a clown in the white house that I cannot stand but this crap today is just total dysfunction.

26 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

There is about a 100% chance the next speaker will be better than McCarthy.

This doesn’t bother me at all, maybe the next speaker will follow through on promises that get him elected.

What did McCarthy not follow through with? 

17 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

What did McCarthy not follow through with? 

Cutting spending promises with no follow through, according to reports coming out he was a guy that would promise whatever it took to appease whoever he was dealing with.  E-verify, Ukraine funding, there seems to be plenty of policies conservatives would have a problem with.

A squishy moderate has been removed, hopefully we can do better.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Cutting spending promises with no follow through, according to reports coming out he was a guy that would promise whatever it took to appease whoever he was dealing with.  E-verify, Ukraine funding, there seems to be plenty of policies conservatives would have a problem with.

A squishy moderate has been removed, hopefully we can do better.

Kinda sounds like trump but that doesn’t stop you bud light drinkers from bending the knee every chance ya get 🥴

11 minutes ago, baddog said:

Republicans try a different path since results weren’t what was expected and get slammed, while the Dims sit on their thumbs while their cities are burned and looted and people turn a blind eye. 

Folks scream how they are tired of the big spending good old boy system in Washington but when something is done about it folks melt down.  Relax, folks, I’m sure when the smoke clears another big spending moderate will be in place and you can resume your lives.

smh

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

24/7

24/7 crying, coping, and flip flopping on your belief system depending on who’s in office 

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Folks scream how they are tired of the big spending good old boy system in Washington but when something is done about it folks melt down.  Relax, folks, I’m sure when the smoke clears another big spending moderate will be in place and you can resume your lives.

smh

Yup.. that time of the year to pretend you care about fiscal conservatism 

17 minutes ago, baddog said:

Republicans try a different path since results weren’t what was expected and get slammed, while the Dims sit on their thumbs while their cities are burned and looted and people turn a blind eye. 

If dims are so stupid, how do they keep winning these elections?

Is the GOP even stupider? 🤣

15 hours ago, tvc184 said:

The Republicans refuse to accept victory and do everything in their power to shoot themselves in the foot. 

I honestly don't get it. 

We always seem to do this......

There should be no Republican who thinks this was a win.....Any speaker will be limited on what he can get done with such a small majority. 

41 minutes ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

If dims are so stupid, how do they keep winning these elections?

Is the GOP even stupider? 🤣

I’ll go for at least “as stupid”. It’s hard to do the right thing when all you’re really worried about (as a politician) is garnering favor for votes, payoffs, positions or any other self-serving thing you can come up with. 

7 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I honestly don't get it. 

We always seem to do this......

There should be no Republican who thinks this was a win.....Any speaker will be limited on what he can get done with such a small majority. 

If we get Steve Scalise or Jim Jordan or the like, it's a win, I guess I'm that one Republican.

McCarthy wasn't much different that a democrat.

Either way, we'll get through it.