Vidor at LCM

BattlinBear02

LCM has struggled big time the past several seasons slowing down vidors slot t...even that 2021 qtr final team could not beat Vidor 🤦..and there is nothing more frustrating for a fan than to see your team get chewed up with 3-4 yard runs all night! Just enough to keep the chains moving and your offense off the field ...Vidor has been very good at that....at least against LCM lol

Defense!! Defense!! Defense!! 

Should be a lot of that going on in practice this week. LCM's DL needs to do their job of plugging holes and linebackers stay focused on the run. I'm sure they're going to be hit from all sides. Vidor will control the ball like they always do and eat up the clock. LCM needs to control the their possessions of the ball as well. But its going to come down to defensing and stopping the slot t. You would think the coaches have figured it out by now. But the question is can the coaches, coach it into the players. I think if LCM starts off like they did last week it will be a close game but they will win it. They can't do like they have in the past and dig them selves in whole that they can't get out of. Vidor controls the ball to good to be playing catch up all night.

58 minutes ago, BearBB2001 said:

Defense!! Defense!! Defense!! 

Should be a lot of that going on in practice this week. LCM's DL needs to do their job of plugging holes and linebackers stay focused on the run. I'm sure they're going to be hit from all sides. Vidor will control the ball like they always do and eat up the clock. LCM needs to control the their possessions of the ball as well. But its going to come down to defensing and stopping the slot t. You would think the coaches have figured it out by now. But the question is can the coaches, coach it into the players. I think if LCM starts off like they did last week it will be a close game but they will win it. They can't do like they have in the past and dig them selves in whole that they can't get out of. Vidor controls the ball to good to be playing catch up all night.

Your on the money!

18 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I watched a little bit of Vidor vs silsbee and also vidor vs brazosport

Hard to get a bead on Vidor watching those two games lol.. Silsbee manhandled Vidor (excepted)... Vidor manhandled Brazosport (expected). I'll say this about Vidor having watched every game this year... With #20 at QB the offense looks good.  The QB is hard to find behind the line, is accurate when throwing (YES throwing lol), and has the speed to take it to the house.  The other RBs run hard and have some speed.  

On defense, Vidor's strength is their speed at DE and LB but the real strength is the secondary but Vidor will be missing their starting safety (could be big).

Give me Vidor over lcm by a score of 31-21

3 hours ago, Right99JOH said:

Hard to get a bead on Vidor watching those two games lol.. Silsbee manhandled Vidor (excepted)... Vidor manhandled Brazosport (expected). I'll say this about Vidor having watched every game this year... With #20 at QB the offense looks good.  The QB is hard to find behind the line, is accurate when throwing (YES throwing lol), and has the speed to take it to the house.  The other RBs run hard and have some speed.  

On defense, Vidor's strength is their speed at DE and LB but the real strength is the secondary but Vidor will be missing their starting safety (could be big).

Give me Vidor over lcm by a score of 31-21

Very true. Same could be said about which games you watch for LCM... lcm is more balanced. I think that plays to their advantage as long as the defense shows up.

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

Very true. Same could be said about which games you watch for LCM... lcm is more balanced. I think that plays to their advantage as long as the defense shows up.

I believe in the past lcm has been more balanced and that did not translate to victories.  For whatever reason, lcm does not fare well against the slot-t and do not expect the offense to be the same as when Mathews was coaching.  Slightly different elements make Mathews and Dubois offense different. 

Should be another good game between the two.