Anahuac (20) @ Orangefield (32) - FINAL

jdawg03

9 hours ago, APanthers said:

They are well coached team . They found weak a link in defense and exploited it . But the refs bailed them out I know on 3 different calls 

It was a sloppy game all around on both sides. 
I don’t understand why #5 didn’t get the ball much. Each time he got it it was dangerous for the Bobcats. One TD he literally carried 3 Bobcats into the endzone & broke about 3 tackles. 

i have to agree that the line Judge on Orangefield side called 2 terrible “Targeting” penalties on each team. No way was those two targeting. It was helmet to helmet but both weren’t with the Crown of the helmet.  But they may have changed the rules. 

There were lots of mouthing on both sides. 

good win & I’ll be interested in seeing AP and O play Kirbyville. It could be a 3 way tie. 

16 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

Great win by Orangefield. They will be district champs again. I see now why they fight so hard to stay in that district they are in. Anahuac will be #2. I thought they missed some major opportunities tonight like not letting #5 just be the guy every play. Terrible call and management on that last drive before halftime, and when the QB didn’t pick up the first down on 4th and 1 or 4th and 2, can’t remember…That was a critical miss.  You could just feel that Orangefield was not going to be stopped the entire 4th quarter.  Congrats to the Bobcats. They showed again that they own this district. Good luck to Anahuac the rest of the year and in the playoffs. 

Yeah as of now unless they change the distric numbers we will be down again for the next 2 years. We are about 40 kids short of moving up

8 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

It was a sloppy game all around on both sides. 
I don’t understand why #5 didn’t get the ball much. Each time he got it it was dangerous for the Bobcats. One TD he literally carried 3 Bobcats into the endzone & broke about 3 tackles. 

i have to agree that the line Judge on Orangefield side called 2 terrible “Targeting” penalties on each team. No way was those two targeting. It was helmet to helmet but both weren’t with the Crown of the helmet.  But they may have changed the rules. 

There were lots of mouthing on both sides. 

good win & I’ll be interested in seeing AP and O play Kirbyville. It could be a 3 way tie. 

The Orangefield player lead with the head as well as left his feet (launching). Still don’t agree with it (targeting) but by UIL it was definitely targeting. The Anahuac kid should’ve got on sportsman like conduct his was actually a headbutt in my opinion.

IMG_3127.jpeg

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Did it work better than the Anahuac offense?

Hmm hard to say. The slot t works good against the defense Anahuac runs but will not work good against the nickel. Anahuac could’ve ran that 5 yard out with number 5 all night and the bobcats would’ve never stopped it. Anahuac offense looked better in my opinion it was more refined and Orangefields relied on someone on the defense making a mistake and it capitalized on that. So know I don’t think it worked better than Anahuac but it will work grade against the remaking opponents in district if the backs and linemen stay healthy.

1 hour ago, TxAthlete409 said:

Hmm hard to say. The slot t works good against the defense Anahuac runs but will not work good against the nickel. Anahuac could’ve ran that 5 yard out with number 5 all night and the bobcats would’ve never stopped it. Anahuac offense looked better in my opinion it was more refined and Orangefields relied on someone on the defense making a mistake and it capitalized on that. So know I don’t think it worked better than Anahuac but it will work grade against the remaking opponents in district if the backs and linemen stay healthy.

It is actually "easy" to say. Anahuac could of, would of, should of, Orangefield won the game by two TDs. 

48 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Beat me to it. They were so bad I forgot Kirbyville was even in this district but they must have fixed whatever was wrong?   

They were good a while back and lost a good coach which led to a drop in participation. They had another new coach come in last year and it looks like he has the program up and running 

On 9/30/2023 at 5:19 PM, TxAthlete409 said:

Will not work against the nickel?