PNG vs. Texas City - Game 5

Rez Ipsa

Who wins?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Port Neches-Groves
    • Texas City

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2023 at 12:00 AM

Let’s get it started.

I don’t know how to add a poll, or if I am able to as a non-moderator. Someone please add a poll. 

I’ll take PNG but it’s all going to depend on our defense. Offense needs to improve, and we need to get better with play clock management on that side of the ball. There were times we looked utterly confused.

I don’t know anything about Texas City, but the vibe I’m getting is they seem better than last year. They were pretty dang good last year. We beat them by a touchdown, I think. They’ll be ready, and it’s a home game for them. PNG needs to not fall victim to a post-FBM trap game. We just need to keep getting better every week, and certainly can’t get a big head over beating FBM.

1 minute ago, prepballfan said:

If our defense keeps playing well I think we will be alight. Conner has all the tools. He just needs a few games and reps with his receiver's and the drops to get better. 

I never thought we’d see a day when PNG receivers are dropping so much. The passes are there. Bailey has a good arm. We’ve got to clean that up. 

52 minutes ago, NDNation said:

TC will be a huge test. We've got to find a way to be productive on Offense.

IMO the District Championship will come down to TC, Dayton or us.

FB Marshall is still in it. They’re going to win a lot of games. I think as the season goes on our performance against them will look more and more impressive.

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

FB Marshall is still in it. They’re going to win a lot of games. I think as the season goes on our performance against them will look more and more impressive.

Agree wrt FBM. I noticed several pretty big guys on their sideline not suited up, including what I think was their big defensive end. I noticed them because pre-game they were standing over behind, and watching, the PNG players that were doing pre-game drills and warm-ups on the visitor side of the field. 

I think that TC is the dark horse in the district, though. They defeated Friendswood and Galveston Ball; and #22, Bell, is a Sr now, and seems to have big games against PNG. It's a big game for both teams, just like last week's PNG-FBM game. 

45 minutes ago, 1970 said:

Agree wrt FBM. I noticed several pretty big guys on their sideline not suited up, including what I think was their big defensive end. I noticed them because pre-game they were standing over behind, and watching, the PNG players that were doing pre-game drills and warm-ups on the visitor side of the field. 

I think that TC is the dark horse in the district, though. They defeated Friendswood and Galveston Ball; and #22, Bell, is a Sr now, and seems to have big games against PNG. It's a big game for both teams, just like last week's PNG-FBM game. 

Agree 100%.

PNG will need to step it up on offense. If they do they’ll take the win. If not TC wins this game. Defense alone want win this game. I Think PNG could be awesome if they could get their offense clicking like their defense. I’m taking TC in this one, but PNG could be great if they get the offense clicking. Good luck to both teams let’s see who wants it. 

4 hours ago, H-STING said:

PNG will need to step it up on offense. If they do they’ll take the win. If not TC wins this game. Defense alone want win this game. I Think PNG could be awesome if they could get their offense clicking like their defense. I’m taking TC in this one, but PNG could be great if they get the offense clicking. Good luck to both teams let’s see who wants it. 

I agree on the need for PNG offense to come together; but all they need, really, is ~4 or 5 fewer dropped passes, and they'll be ok. That and perhaps an injured player or two back on offense.  Also, in the FBM game, PNG had three good chances for fairly easy field goals. The final score could have easily been 16-0, with good smooth snaps and holds.  Anyway I'm guessing that they'll be much improved by this Friday, but I'm still expecting a tough game. 

21 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Let’s get it started.

I don’t know how to add a poll, or if I am able to as a non-moderator. Someone please add a poll. 

I’ll take PNG but it’s all going to depend on our defense. Offense needs to improve, and we need to get better with play clock management on that side of the ball. There were times we looked utterly confused.

I don’t know anything about Texas City, but the vibe I’m getting is they seem better than last year. They were pretty dang good last year. We beat them by a touchdown, I think. They’ll be ready, and it’s a home game for them. PNG needs to not fall victim to a post-FBM trap game. We just need to keep getting better every week, and certainly can’t get a big head over beating FBM.

Not counting FBM out, but will they have it together before their game with TC next week. They have Dayton the last game of regular season, so they should be ready for that one. If TC can beat them, I think FBM will be out of the hunt for DC.

On 9/24/2023 at 7:37 PM, pakronos said:

for those of u traveling to this game, i suggest to leave no later than 4:30!! i live in TC and coming down 146 is a nightmare in the evening time due to construction and refinery traffic.

And if you get hungry, T-Bone Tom’s in Kemah is a personal favorite.

On 9/26/2023 at 3:06 PM, PN-G bamatex said:

And if you get hungry, T-Bone Tom’s in Kemah is a personal favorite.

Not trying to challenge that but T-Bone Toms was a big disappointment last time I went. Way too expensive and a dry, small steak. Mrs. Scientist asked me to not take her there again. 

I would suggest O'Neals on the Water. Great place and awesome views. Even live music sometimes.

This is the hidden content, please