Fort Bend Willowridge (14) @ Nederland (52) - FINAL

jdawg03

11 hours ago, spidersal said:

I have been posting for 2 years about the poor coaching staff. What a lack of discipline with the showboating He got what he deserved, but I bet he is still playing. Another 2-8 season as I have said Willowridge and GP. That will be 4-16 the last 2 seasons. Not what I would call good 

You can’t stand it mr. Nederland hater. You see only negative , nothing good. On and on you go. What I see is Nederland tied for first place in district. 

You are correct they are tied for 1st at 1-0 and could possibly wind up 3-7

They will not beat these teams unless their defense improves 100percent from now and the QB becomes much more accurate with his passes

Marshall, Dayton, PNG, TC

They will beat GP and could beat SF

As of today my posts have been 100percent accurate!

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

They will not beat these teams unless their defense improves 100percent from now and the QB becomes much more accurate with his passes

Did you pick Nederland in this game ? 

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

Pat yourself on the back bud. 

Good win.  A lot of mistakes were made especially Willowridge.  Ned’s fundamentals weren’t great but it was enough.  Sunday, Thomas and Tezeno are legitimate weapons.  Need to continue to form a team around them.  Defense needs a little work in all aspects.  Congratulations Dogs.

10 hours ago, spidersal said:

Don’t need to Pat myself on back. Have been posting FACTS regularly, whether you like them or not

Lol its easy to say the coaching sucks, cause it does and its clear when you run the ball on 3rd an long multiple multiple times in a season when your down. But man the boys are talented, they really are. So why don't you get on here an bash Burrow. Not the team, he's the one that didn't coach your son up, although your son should have NEVER been a qb, much less a starting qb. They had much more talent sitting behind him in the qb position. It comes down to Burrow. You keep saying this an that about the players. But it comes down from the top 

10 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

Good win.  A lot of mistakes were made especially Willowridge.  Ned’s fundamentals weren’t great but it was enough.  Sunday, Thomas and Tezeno are legitimate weapons.  Need to continue to form a team around them.  Defense needs a little work in all aspects.  Congratulations Dogs.

They really are, Thomas came out this year running alot harder. That is fantastic to see, but I still think he could be less willing to sit out a play. Tezeno is a beast, I have watched him beat corner after corner, hit his blocks, and control his emotions, that guy is real. I hope they feed him. Sunday has so much potential, he's got the grit just needs help with accuracy and staying calm cool and collective. Burrow needs to go. The past couple of years have been a sad representation of Bulldog football and its going to cost some of these kids an opportunity to play at the next level.

9 hours ago, PABorn said:

They really are, Thomas came out this year running alot harder. That is fantastic to see, but I still think he could be less willing to sit out a play. Tezeno is a beast, I have watched him beat corner after corner, hit his blocks, and control his emotions, that guy is real. I hope they feed him. Sunday has so much potential, he's got the grit just needs help with accuracy and staying calm cool and collective. Burrow needs to go. The past couple of years have been a sad representation of Bulldog football and its going to cost some of these kids an opportunity to play at the next level.

🙄

It’s really hard for me to bash Monty Barrow. He was the offensive mind behind Coach Newman.  Is he a good head coach?  Something is not quite there yet.  He is surrounded by a good staff.  He’s got to find that button and press it to make every Nederland kid want run through a brick wall for him. 

18 hours ago, PABorn said:

Lol its easy to say the coaching sucks, cause it does and its clear when you run the ball on 3rd an long multiple multiple times in a season when your down. But man the boys are talented, they really are. So why don't you get on here an bash Burrow. Not the team, he's the one that didn't coach your son up, although your son should have NEVER been a qb, much less a starting qb. They had much more talent sitting behind him in the qb position. It comes down to Burrow. You keep saying this an that about the players. But it comes down from the top 

You talking about Lang or Van Pelt those are the two thats coming to mind or is it farther back haha

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

A few of you posters tickle me. You want to whine and complain about my posts that are simply facts

I presume that y’all think 3-11 the past 2 seasons is good football and outstanding coaching

Nah it's been baaaad football, I can honestly say this isn't that Nederland Football that we grew up knowing or should I say the Neumann years. But the kids aren't as tough nosed like the past, as a whole they aren't 'dogs" and I do think it comes from up top!! Barrow is a laid back coach, and the kids are going to have the same mentality as the Head Coach. I do think they have a quality coaching staff, but there isn't a fire from up top like when Neumann was there. The kids really aren't THAT talented, they're a very FEW that are. Walker, Thomas, Tezeno, and Holyfield, after that yikes, are they better than last year...yes! But will it show up on the scoreboard this year, probably not. Which means Barrow is probably gone. Just my two cents

1 minute ago, NHS409 said:

Nah it's been baaaad football, I can honestly say this isn't that Nederland Football that we grew up knowing or should I say the Neumann years. But the kids aren't as tough nosed like the past, as a whole they aren't 'dogs" and I do think it comes from up top!! Barrow is a laid back coach, and the kids are going to have the same mentality as the Head Coach. I do think they have a quality coaching staff, but there isn't a fire from up top like when Neumann was there. The kids really aren't THAT talented, they're a very FEW that are. Walker, Thomas, Tezeno, and Holyfield, after that yikes, are they better than last year...yes! But will it show up on the scoreboard this year, probably not. Which means Barrow is probably gone. Just my two cents

Forgot to add Albert Simon to the list of talented players.

11 hours ago, NHS409 said:

To save his job, Barrow needs to get to the playoffs.  I don’t think he’s here next year without that. He might need to throw in a Mid-County Madness win to seal the deal. My guess is he walked into this season knowing the axe was over his head. It’s a shame - He was an integral part of the longest run of consistently good Nederland performance in their history. But something is missing. 

13 hours ago, NHS409 said:

If the losing continues we this year we can only HOPE he is gone.  With this good ole boy mentality in Nederland, I have my doubts.  

On 9/25/2023 at 9:56 AM, dme1111 said:

If the losing continues we this year we can only HOPE he is gone.  With this good ole boy mentality in Nederland, I have my doubts.  

I can say starting with Faircloth, hiring a HC from outside the 409 has worked out quite well for PNG.  The “good ole boy” thing tried to creep in again after Faircloth resigned but the decision to pay an outside consultant (Todd Dodge) to select the BEST candidate was $$ WELL spent!  I’ve heard many districts are going that direction to minimize or eliminate “good ole boy” bias from the School Board.