Barbers Hill (49) @ Crosby (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, Steven Avery said:

I thought 14.1 told us Eudy was the real deal QB but the wrs just needed to catch the ball?

It’s kind of difficult when a pass play is called and your receivers are blocking for a run play(more than 1 occasion tonight) and several routes were run incorrectly. Product of starting so late I guess.

2 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

All of a sudden the D shows up

No defense to speak of in 1st half. I know BH has two LBs out but I’m very impressed with their running game. Two big backs and very athletic QB. Control the clock with this big guys and mix some throwing in there. Crosby best winless team in state. I believe they will be a playoff team if they play the way they did tonight. 
BH can be ran on with some big backs and lots of misdirection. BH is ripe for picking against Laporte next week. 

Good game Coogs. I know it wasn’t a win , but you made a game if it. BH struggled the 1st half without their starting LB’s, but second half they went to 4 down linemen and that started plugging some holes. Yarborough (sp) was the real deal and thought he was going to be a problem with LB issue. Hope he is ok because he got rocked on that play that sent him back to the bench. Crosby’s D-line finally got tired in the 4th where we could pound the rock and control the game. Hope we get at least one of our LB,s back for LaPorte or they will run wild on us too. Props to the back ups though they came in on the road and tightened up in the 2nd half for the win.

14 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

A few observations:

• Wesley Yarbrough is ELITE. I don't know if there is a better back in the area.
  • Hell of a coaching job by BH in the second half. Shut down Crosby Running Game and pitched a shut out!
  • The Conditioning program on The Hill is WORKING.

Wait till u see Armante Martin for PAM lol

1 hour ago, show me the money said:

Run the ball with two RBs no problem. With one out you key on the other one and stop the run the second half. QB and receivers are not a threat. Game over! Not a coaching thing it’s a talent thing. 

That’s kind of the way I saw it. Yes, the defense should get used to reading the same keys in 2nd half and it should help stop the run. Very hard to do with two good RBs. 

If our defense plays like it did last night, LP and PAM is going to run right over us. I know we had a couple LB’s out, but the D in general had a rough game last night. On offense, tighten up the ball security because we’ll need near perfect games against PAM and LP. With that being said, maybe BH was looking past Crosby due to next week matchup with LP.

SMH at Crosby coaches for going away from the run. They were having their way. QB is an athlete, but not very accurate passing. Good luck Coogs the rest of the way.

On 9/16/2023 at 8:06 AM, Justafan15 said:

How is the PAM QB and passing game? Do they set it up with running game or more balanced?

jury is still out in my opinion. if it's against an inexperienced defense/secondary, he will light you up. By him not getting any reps in those blowouts last year hurt him. i seen at times he recognized a blitz was coming and got rid of it quick. i'm afraid if someone sends the house all the time, it's a no go for us. also, coaching has a HUGE problem with how he plays. if we run the ball like we can, he can pass well, but just for him to come out, no. bubble screens yes till we start losing yards or picked off.