Fort bend Marshall @ Port Neches-Groves in 2 weeks.

prepballfan

Battle for 1st place.   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got. Two weeks away.

• Port Neches-Groves
    • Fort Bend Marshall

This poll is closed to new votes

After seeing our offense struggle so much against West Orange and PAM, I have to expect FBM to win this one. But, there’s two weeks; maybe PNG can figure out how to put up a few more points. And it’s a home game, so none of the silly “we need to cancel Friday and move to noon on Saturday” shenanigans. Whatever the outcome, it will be good prep for the rest of the season and the playoffs, a chance to get solid experience against size and speed. 

From the Beaumont Enterprise:

"Port Neches-Groves (2-1) got all it could handle from the gallant Orange County visitors. Paced by quarterback Marcus Turner, Jr., West Orange-Stark led in first downs, 20-13, and total net yards by a whopping 525 to 307. But the Mustangs also led in penalty yards, 105-40.  Turner accounted for 254 yards, running for 115 and two scores while passing for 139. Port Neches-Groves passed for only 4 yards due in part to a first-half ankle injury that sidelined quarterback Shea Adams for the entire second half."

PNG beat FBM? Really?  The PNG defense gave up 525 yards against a WOS team that fielded only 31 players, +/-.  They did manage to hold WOS down the stretch, but if WOS would have tried for field goals twice the score might have been 26-20, or maybe 23-20, WOS, at the end of regulation, presuming PNG kicks that last field goal and tries an OSK.  I'm really holding my tongue here, but PNG has a tough row to hoe this season just to make the playoffs, unless some changes are made both on defense and offense. And I very seriously doubt that any changes will be made. 

Didn't realize the Injuns gave up 525 yards on Defense. Not sure if I overestimated them and underestimated the Stangs here. .   We all have our opinions but, mine is that Faircloths polish on qb's is missing. Overall they are far better coached now and will surely right the ship enough to make the playoffs. Don't see them beating FBM.... Best of luck to all.

Not going to lie,  we're probably fixing to get utterly thrashed. This will be a revenge game for them. I wouldn't judge the season by this game though. Hopefully Coach J has some tricks up his sleeve to keep it respectable. 

Will Shea be back for this game? 

Will both of our QB's be on the field in some aspect?

While so far we seem to be running parallel to last season, with a little more hiccups on the offensive side of the ball, it does not feel the same. This team is clawing out a place of it's own.

2 hours ago, CS. said:

Also, if you read the Beaumont Enterprise article, it mentioned that WO-S gained 525 yards. That's inaccurate. The Mustangs had a few long gains but at the end of the night they totaled 370 yards on 10 drives. And zero yards on that last OT possession.

From the PNG site....

370 is pretty accurate.  Just read the PA News article.  QB amassed close to 260 in the air and on the ground combined.  RB had another 90 yards or so.  Do the math folks.  That's 350.  So BMT Enterprise is telling me that there's another 175 yards just randomly out there but only put 20 pts on the board?  Get out of here with that non-sense.

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

Not going to lie,  we're probably fixing to get utterly thrashed. This will be a revenge game for them. I wouldn't judge the season by this game though. Hopefully Coach J has some tricks up his sleeve to keep it respectable. 

Will Shea be back for this game? 

Will both of our QB's be on the field in some aspect?

While so far we seem to be running parallel to last season, with a little more hiccups on the offensive side of the ball, it does not feel the same. This team is clawing out a place of it's own.

I got FBM. 

Game Plan is key for the Indians.  PNG must find ways to score.  They will not shut down Marshall, but a few stops & we can hang close.  This will be a great game.  Praying that Shea is back & we can use him all over the field.  We will need quick, fast plays to move the ball.  That Big Indian Offensive Line needs to do some serious run blocking for PNG to have the chance to win!🏈

52 minutes ago, OneChance said:

He had Lisfranc surgery yesterday, he is out for the season, that’s six weeks of no weight on the surgically repaired foot. Hate that for him, hopefully the offers that he had in the off-season will not be pulled and he will be able to play next year in college.

Surely something minor as that he will find a home! He’s an athlete. 
Fast healing for the young man! hope you come back better and stronger before 

7 hours ago, OneChance said:

He had Lisfranc surgery yesterday, he is out for the season, that’s six weeks of no weight on the surgically repaired foot. Hate that for him, hopefully the offers that he had in the off-season will not be pulled and he will be able to play next year in college.

Sad for him. That’s got to be terribly disappointing.