Barbers hill at Crosby

lcm93

11 hours ago, OlDawg said:

A little off-topic, but do any BH fans know if the school’s transformers were fixed where we can have a game tomorrow night?

I heard that the whole school was shut down for lack of power…

OlDawg the transformer was at the high school, the stadium isnt at the high school so the stadium was always fine. Anyway it has been fixed regardless, 

Can’t see CHS coming out with a win here. I thought from the beginning that Willis wasn’t the right hire for Crosby at this time and had he did more research he would’ve known this wasn’t the best spot for him. He assumed with the success of the program and fan base that he would have a large group of kids to work with.  He was quoted as saying how does Crosby have this many fans and only 3A numbers. The answer to that question may be the disconnect between the two communities that should have been resolved 30-40yrs ago.

15 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Can’t see CHS coming out with a win here. I thought from the beginning that Willis wasn’t the right hire for Crosby at this time and had he did more research he would’ve known this wasn’t the best spot for him. He assumed with the success of the program and fan base that he would have a large group of kids to work with.  He was quoted as saying how does Crosby have this many fans and only 3A numbers. The answer to that question may be the disconnect between the two communities that should have been resolved 30-40yrs ago.

True about the 2 youth football leagues and the status quo at the MS. I said that earlier about how kids are turned off from football(and other sports too) long before they get to the HS. MS coaches should adopt this mantra: "all eggs are not hatched on the same day". Just because a kid(s) is considered average in MS doesn't mean he will not develop later and become a contributor. The term "late bloomer" exist for a reason. You said it yourself, there are a lot of kids walking around that could help the program. Some kids need more convincing that others. IMO, that's okay because every kid's motivations are different.

On 9/14/2023 at 3:13 AM, Cougar239 said:

I agree. Dunn was a true athlete . He could play multiple positions on the field and was effective. 💯

SMH, the whole point was missed, Dunn was just used as a "true" example on how many kids can get discouraged about participating in an athletic program within an ISD. Never said he was not a great athlete. I personally know him as he, Duece, Rodney and NeNe have been to my home several times. Have they been to yours, probably not and probably wondering who the hell is Duece, Rodney and NeNe? You know the athlete, but I know the person.

1 hour ago, saltydawg said:

I really hope so! BH will already have 4 starters not playing tonight due to injurious, not counting Herndon which is out for the season yet again.  Next man up, Go Eagles!🦅 

It don’t matter we’re playing Crosby.  This will allow them to score some now, so they don’t get discouraged 

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

This is equivalent to BAMA playing Florida A&M, tonight is a step up in competition that your preseason may not have prepared BH for.  Just don’t do any on side kicks and everything will be good.

COOGS in a blowout!

Oh we’re pulling out the triple reverse flea flicker tonight! Then when we’re up by 50 and you think it’s over Statue of Liberty 😎