Barbers hill at Crosby

lcm93

I feel like you have five levels of high school teams. You got your teams like aledo and north shore and Carthage. Very few of those types. On a scale from 1 to 10 we will say they are an 8-10 depending on the day you get them. You have your teams like northbrook and spring woods and waltrip... quite a few of those. We will say they are a 1. Then you have the majority of teams broken up into below average, average and good. 

Teams like GCM and Sterling are below average. Let's say a 2-4 depending on the day. Lee is average. Let's say 4-6 depending on the day. Crosby and BH and PAM above average. Let's say 6-8 depending on the day.

You will never get a team like GCM to play well enough to beat anyone two levels above them like a team like PAM or BH. They could play perfectly, get a few breaks and catch Lee on a bad day though and best those level of teams, but they are not capable of playing well enough to beat the better teams.

Similarly, Lee could never beat anyone two levels up but they played close to perfect and caught Crosby on a bad day and are the type of team that can win against that level of team if the cards fall just right.(like against PAM last year) I wouldn't let that loss signify that Crosby is not still capable of beating teams like BH and PAM because they still fall in that tier to me.

21 minutes ago, Julio2000 said:

Agree. I don’t see the BH game within their reach but I don’t think they are as bad as many seem to think. We shall see. 

They loss to Lee. Or, we can say got out-coached. What makes you think the coaching is going to get any better ?  The players are going to lose faith in the coaches, and the team will likely get worse. 

46 minutes ago, CCRed said:

They loss to Lee. Or, we can say got out-coached. What makes you think the coaching is going to get any better ?  The players are going to lose faith in the coaches, and the team will likely get worse. 

I don’t know much about either coaching staff and the rest of the season will tell me if the Crosby kids give up or play hard. Play hard and the season is salvageable. Lay down and quit is a bad sign for the rest of their lives. 
I’m betting they won’t give up but will overcome adversity. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@panamamyers you think Lee can beat us again this year? Serious question. 

I don't see why they couldn't. I don't think they will, but I see no reason to believe they couldn't if the breaks went their way. Lee got absolutely worked over by Kingwood Park and Barbers Hill last year then beat PAM and should have beaten LP. They have enough coaching to always be a threat but a lack of athletes leaves them teetering on the brink of getting blown out if momentum goes against them when playing some of these better teams.

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

Honestly their talent level is down with the exception of about 4-5 kids.  The D-Coordinator seems to me like he’s in over his head at this point.  With that being said, they also got a really late start, after next week we’ll see where they are at but I expect a blood bath.

20 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I think if Prieto was still here and BH had the opportunity then yes😂 , but this year the coaches have some respect for each other. I don’t think Abseck would run up the score if he could out of respect. Willis has a tough homecoming though after a brutal road stint. I hate that this game isn’t going to have the spotlight it should, but the stands should still be full for this one. Like I said though Crosby will play their best game of the year against BH, I think this will still be a good one.

It is noteworthy the Crosby Helicopter Dad said the following two weeks ago regarding Absek:

Crosby isn’t starting as a bottom feeder like y’all had to, plus we actually got the mentor instead of the understudy so we don’t really expect the mediocre results y’all strive for. 

I too think it will be close but the "botton feeder" team with the "understudy coach" striving for "mediocracy" might not take kindly to this repetative blazing disrespect.

OTHO, Absek, (AKA "the understudy") has emptied the benches in the 2nd half of the last two games. Staying classy.   

26 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

It is noteworthy the Crosby Helicopter Dad said the following two weeks ago regarding Absek:

Crosby isn’t starting as a bottom feeder like y’all had to, plus we actually got the mentor instead of the understudy so we don’t really expect the mediocre results y’all strive for. 

I too think it will be close but the "botton feeder" team with the "understudy coach" striving for "mediocracy" might not take kindly to this repetative blazing disrespect.

OTHO, Absek, (AKA "the understudy") has emptied the benches in the 2nd half of the last two games. Staying classy.   

Cedar Park right?  Black/Green defense. Won 2 rings? Hardly an understudy but BH loves them a name like Stugotz lol

11 hours ago, Old Ape said:

Crosby kids ain’t gonna lay down at home to BH.

I do got some advice for them though. Get off of twitter and go practice! Tired of seeing “check out my week 2 highlights”. It’s a team game that you lost by 50! 
only problem I see with BH is that all their speed is on O. 

Crosby won’t lay down for BH. Lots of hate toward “the hill” and should be testy early from both teams. This group from Crosby may not be as talented across the board from last few years, but they can beat you on some matchups. BH does have more speed on  offense than past years and with a QB who is very comfortable throwing to any receiver. I know BH has had one of their best defensive players 1st three games  (I’ve heard several D1 offers) and not sure when he will return. When he does, it will only add to any weaker opponents misery. Be nice to have a competitive game but I still think BH pulls ahead early and never looks back. Eagles by 35-40! 

16 minutes ago, Justafan15 said:

Crosby won’t lay down for BH. Lots of hate toward “the hill” and should be testy early from both teams. This group from Crosby may not be as talented across the board from last few years, but they can beat you on some matchups. BH does have more speed on  offense than past years and with a QB who is very comfortable throwing to any receiver. I know BH has had one of their best defensive players 1st three games  (I’ve heard several D1 offers) and not sure when he will return. When he does, it will only add to any weaker opponents misery. Be nice to have a competitive game but I still think BH pulls ahead early and never looks back. Eagles by 35-40! 

Agreed! BH has to maintain their composure! in the game last week they didn’t fare well in that department allowing Sterling to get in their heads. BH committed a slew of penalties due to this. Crosby will be baiting them all night and they just need to play with composure.  I think on paper BH should run away with this, but  I feel its going to be more along the lines of a 35-14 victory for BH. Also yes we do have one of starting LB’s out that gave Crosby fits last year, but his backfill is playing well. Hoping to get out dynamic Punt Returner/ utility player back he was also out last week.  What Crosby will see this week is a much improved running game from the Eagles which has made this team much more dynamic. Going to be a good one folks !

20 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Agreed! BH has to maintain their composure! in the game last week they didn’t fare well in that department allowing Sterling to get in their heads. BH committed a slew of penalties due to this. Crosby will be baiting them all night and they just need to play with composure.  I think on paper BH should run away with this, but  I feel its going to be more along the lines of a 35-14 victory for BH. Also yes we do have one of starting LB’s out that gave Crosby fits last year, but his backfill is playing well. Hoping to get out dynamic Punt Returner/ utility player back he was also out last week.  What Crosby will see this week is a much improved running game from the Eagles which has made this team much more dynamic. Going to be a good one folks !

I was told the Soph utility back had a broken collarbone and will most likely be out rest of season. Is this the case? 

30 minutes ago, Justafan15 said:

I was told the Soph utility back had a broken collarbone and will most likely be out rest of season. Is this the case? 

Not sure, I saw him and our LB on the sidelines last week neither seemed to be favoring an injury.  Hopefully they will both bounce back both are excellent players.

14 hours ago, Old Ape said:

Crosby kids ain’t gonna lay down at home to BH.

I do got some advice for them though. Get off of twitter and go practice! Tired of seeing “check out my week 2 highlights”. It’s a team game that you lost by 50! 
only problem I see with BH is that all their speed is on O. 

I’ve never seen a Crosby team lay down and quit and would be incredibly surprised if this team did. That being said they have a big chore ahead of them this week 

Our Oline averages 290 lbs, our defensive front 7 is one of the best in the Houston area 5A. That’s where most games are decided. I will be curious to see if the Coogs can air it out or get outside which the only way they have a chance against BH this year. Not too many people running up the middle. DB’s are questionable, but that’s almost every year. Front 7 gets on QB’s and makes you throw before you want to. Should be a good game.

16 hours ago, panamamyers said:

I don't see why they couldn't. I don't think they will, but I see no reason to believe they couldn't if the breaks went their way. Lee got absolutely worked over by Kingwood Park and Barbers Hill last year then beat PAM and should have beaten LP. They have enough coaching to always be a threat but a lack of athletes leaves them teetering on the brink of getting blown out if momentum goes against them when playing some of these better teams.

💯

33 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

This week is dragging by… good point Old Ape. I assume Crosby has multiple JR. Highs?  BH now has 3 Freshman Teams and 2 JV’s  which is creating a lot of Depth at BH. And with all of that how a freshman gets on Varsity is incredible. 

Crosby has 1 JH.

1 freshman team

1 JV team.