West Orange-Stark (20) @ Port Neches-Groves (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

Png offense is in trouble. Nyugen and the defense pulled us through. Honestly, we need shea all over the field like last year. He’s too good to be wasted at qb . With him on the field at slot/wildcat/rb/qb, it’s like having an extra player. Bailey is good enough, just need to get him some reps. An ugly win is a win, and we got the win. And, even though we don’t usually say it after a team loses: West Orange is back. 

1 minute ago, Fast Turtle said:

Possibly. Extremely young. But it will be a good one. Newton has less than 280 kids in the entire school, and I honest believe they would give PNG all they wanted. WOS is liable to beat Newton, but don’t be surprised if little Newton beats them. 

I appreciate your enthusiasm but that's not happening. 

Agree with Frodo NDN, #9 at QB1 and #19 at WR/Wildcat. #9 just needs some reps.  He can sling it around the yard.  Impressed with WO-S QB #17 and the stable of RBs.  Nice mixture of strong runners and elusive playmakers.  Also impressed with the WO-S Punter.  That kid is nails...he can hit them long with a nice roll and he can hit the short chip shot inside the 5 yard line.  Nice call on the fake punt by WO-S.  Glad PN-G had the depth and fresh legs of #33 to escape with the win.  Here's to a good two weeks to heal up and work on the passing game.  Enjoyed watching the Indians fight back.  It's easy to fold, but the Indians kept playing.  Same for the WO-S kids.  It amazes me every year.  WOS keeps shrinking in numbers, but those kids wearing blue and silver fight their ass off for 48 minutes.  Go Indians.

9 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I think our O-line was the reason that we didn't lose by 30 points as many on this site predicted we would.

Not me. I actually picked WOS. PNG really don’t have much of a defense as shown tonight. Against PAM, first game jitters maybe. Then they played BU, they could have put the second team defense in. Now you got 3 games under your belt and still struggled against a team that basically had no breaks and played the whole game. I don’t like morale victories, but png should have scored atleast 35 points. Not because they are better, but because WOS was tired 

1 minute ago, pakronos said:

Not me. I actually picked WOS. PNG really don’t have much of a defense as shown tonight. Against PAM, first game jitters maybe. Then they played BU, they could have put the second team defense in. Now you got 3 games under your belt and still struggled against a team that basically had no breaks and played the whole game. I don’t like morale victories, but png should have scored atleast 35 points. Not because they are better, but because WOS was tired 

West orange got some breaks. The refs kept letting the qb snap the ball with the play clock at zero. It was bizarre. 

12 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

Possibly. Extremely young. But it will be a good one. Newton has less than 280 kids in the entire school, and I honest believe they would give PNG all they wanted. WOS is liable to beat Newton, but don’t be surprised if little Newton beats them. 

Some might buy that “little Newton mess,but not me…we know every time we play y’all it’s a dog fight and this year won’t be any different!

Just now, wo-s#1 said:

Some might buy that “little Newton mess,but not me…we know every time we play y’all it’s a dog fight and this year won’t be any different!

Definitely. It will be a dog fight per usual. I was just trying to make a point that little Newton with less than 280 kids can play with PNG and beat them many of years in the past decade. I understand that the game can’t be scheduled; too large of a classification difference.

57 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

Yes. I do not understand not kicking the extra point to go up by 4, knowing PNG can easily kick long field goals to tie the game… which they did. Looks like you guys got us (Newton) next week. Newton is young and has only played 1 game this season. I’m looking forward to a good game. 

Well ev3n bf the game ik who is the better coached team.no matter what Newton has done since there great coach left us.they kept things normal and always has been a blue collar team.they just tweak something but keep it moving.no matter the talent.i respect that.its hard been an ex player and watch some people that's not from here destroy our program.its okay to ask for help!! But, when a person turns down help to do things there way.headed for destruction!!!

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Me thinks PNG found it's QB for the foreseeable future tonight. 

So I guess the secret is getting out of the bag, Bailey has been talked about for a couple of years. Many at PNG figured he would take over this season sometime. The kid literally has a rifle for an arm, but what you haven't seen yet is his running speed. He is faster than Shea with the ball in his hands. He needs a few more games to slow the game down for him. You will probably see in the near future that he will be the next good PNG QB. He has one of the fastest releases of the football I have seen at the Reservation in quite sometime. His balls are darts. The coaches have been bringing him along and he has played some in each game this year to try and get him ready. The kid is a baller. In the scrimmage against LCM he was being chased to the sideline. Right before he stepped out he fired a laser 25+ yards down the sideline and hit the PNG receiver as he tiptoed the sideline. It was literally a laser beam of a throw running to his right. Shea we are praying to get you back soon. Non-contact injuries are scary. WOS you played as expected and never gave up. Literally this could have been anyone's game., and just like last year in the deep playoff run when things looked bleak Nyguen would come out of nowhere and save the day. Cant put a finger on it but the kid has something in him and somehow he makes the plays' when it just almost seems impossible. Great game, great atmosphere, I like to see games where you have to earn the win. WOS you have given PNG plenty to take away from the game and I hope we have done the same for you. Thanks again for being the usual smart, understanding team you always are. You have the best fans in SETX and understand footbal, and winning and losing better than anyone else. I tip my hat to you. 

3 minutes ago, dj said:

Well ev3n bf the game ik who is the better coached team.no matter what Newton has done since there great coach left us.they kept things normal and always has been a blue collar team.they just tweak something but keep it moving.no matter the talent.i respect that.its hard been an ex player and watch some people that's not from here destroy our program.its okay to ask for help!! But, when a person turns down help to do things there way.headed for destruction!!!

I hate to see it as well buddy. Y’all have a very talented team this year. This could be a dominant WOS team if things were the same ol’ WOS way. Y’all will be fine. But I do see that the players are held back a little from what they could be. 

6 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

WOS is better than last year, PNG weaker than last year. That was last year. With a few Adjustments PNG could be in the hunt again. WoS will be in the hunt this year. Good luck to both teams...

Not if wos doesn't get rid of some of that coaching staff. Congrats to png. They hung in there and pulled it out, that's why I felt like we needed 20 more Points at the half. Left too many points on the field with that weak ### play calling. I don't get band but u can make out what three pound signs mean.

2 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

By the way the back up QB for PNG is a 10th grader. 

He is going to be a good one. But they need to let home sling it around more and possibly put #19 at WR. This was my first PNG game to watch other than state last year. PNG did not feel comfortable calling pass plays at all tonight.