Beaumont United (14) @ Port Neches-Groves (45) - FINAL

jdawg03

14 hours ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

What Izzy is saying from a coaches point which has to be respected since he has both played and coached at a level higher than most of the people trying to discredit him is simply this.. 6A programs especially a program which will see not only the best in HOUSTON AREA but the STATE. NORTH SHORE, ATASCACITA, CE KING (who knocked off a perennial top ten school as of recently) not too mention SUMMER CREEK. Gains nothing in regards to preparing for DISTRICT PLAY by playing down a CONFERENCE. Its like an SEC team playing LAMAR UNIVERSITY in order to prepare for GEORGIA, BAMA, LSU. 5A programs lack the O/LINE and D/LINE players that majority of your 6A schools will feature especially those which are in that Districts. SUMMER CREEK AND ATASCOCITA ALONE will feature at least two Power 5 linemen. When is the last time PNG has had those type of players in the trenches.. They are the norms in that district.. Yes PNG will be disciplined and are very well coached but nothing can prepare you for 6’5 300 every district game but actually facing it!!! 

SEC teams play Southland teams in non-conference pretty much every season.

On 9/5/2023 at 9:34 AM, ozens fastest@1906 said:

IZZY is right and its not about coaching or athletes at this point in BISD. Both schools have more than enough athletes to at least compete, and when I say compete I saying w/ 5A programs SMDH... The infrastructure for FOOTBALL is HORRIBLE. You can't compete at the 6A level when you don't have all of your COACHES/ATHLETES in the athletic period. Your athletes are put into BEHIND the 8ball when the playing field is not level. 6A OC/DC coordinators should not teach full loads of classes and only coach after school. Athletes cannot compete when the only time they are coached is after school. UIL and the state of TEXAS has allowed sport specific athletic classes (PE/ Athletic Periods) and when some schools take advantage and others don't it shows on the field. Also financially (the stipends in BISD) are not comparable to any of other 6A programs in the state so bringing in quality coaches/ or keeping coaches in a small town compared to LARGER DISTRICTS is hurting no only FB but all sports.. Im sorry but Basketball has a total of less than 50 players in a program. A quality FB program will have 100-120 so make it make since where BISD is putting their attention when it comes Athletics....   

Facts, Facts, Facts... funny how BISD fans blame the kids and the coaches. When if they really understood BISD is soooo far behind in all those categories mentioned, its ridiculous. Why don't coahces from winning local schools in the area apply for BISD jobs, especially United/Ozen etc? Because they know how bad it is inside.

11 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I understand what you see and say from a 6A perspective. But you won't convince anyone that a below avg team made it to the state final. I believe you've been drinking too much NS kool-aid from those water fountains at the elementary school. I've suggested before to put in an application and prove yourself. Especially since you have roots in Bmt. They need you c0ach. Unfortunately unless you decide to put up or shut up. You will continue to have these conversations with fans. Btw... this is a fan site. There's a 6A forum out there. That may be a better place for you to express your greatness. Or do they know better? 

Well drummer seeing that I’ve already coached for six years & won 3 state titles you’d think I’ve proved myself already. But like I said only in SETX is PNG respected as a football program. 

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

C'mon. You know that any team that makes it to a state title game is not below average.

I agree with a lot of what you have stated in this thread in regards to what the issues are at BISD but that comment really discredits your knowledge of the game.

You know better. That comes off as just being bitter or pot stirring.

Aggie so let me get this straight…so if you make a state title game one time in 20+ years you’re automatically a juggernaut? Let’s look at PNG record over the past 5 years prior to last year:

2021: 7-6

2020: 4-7

2019: 7-4

2018: 9-4

2017: 10-2

That’s a combined record of 37-23 which is a 62% W/L ratio…if this not average then maybe we got two definitions of what average is. PNG is an average team that has made a living beating up on other average/below average teams in SETX 

3 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Aggie so let me get this straight…so if you make a state title game one time in 20+ years you’re automatically a juggernaut? Let’s look at PNG record over the past 5 years prior to last year:

That’s a combined record of 37-23 which is a 62% W/L ratio…if this not average then maybe we got two definitions of what average is. PNG is an average team that has made a living beating up on other average/below teams in SETX 

Not below average & Juggernaut are 2 different things... Seems like you salty.

12 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

So what you consider 37-23 the past 5 years? Maybe I’m missing something…

Well, since we are talking about the current team that just went to state, I guess I would consider them to be above average. If 50/50 is considered average, then a 37-23 record would be considered above average as well. How many of those losses they took were against higher classifications? I would probably shade them a little credit for that too. None of this matters though. You're mad for some reason, and nothing anyone says will change your (poor) attitude. Stay salty my friends!

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well, since we are talking about the current team that just went to state, I guess I would consider them to be above average. If 50/50 is considered average, then a 37-23 record would be considered above average as well. How many of those losses they took were against higher classifications? I would probably shade them a little credit for that too. None of this matters though. You're mad for some reason, and nothing anyone says will change your (poor) attitude. Stay salty my friends!

Actually this current team didn’t go to state that was last years team. Secondly I’m not mad about anything I’m only speaking facts.

33 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You can tell who really don’t know nothing about football lol comparing HS scheduled to college non-conference games that are scheduled only for monetary purposes is insane 🤦🏽‍♂️

I was just correcting the guy who was under the impression that those types of matchups don't happen.

Just now, Coach_Izzy said:

Actually this current team didn’t go to state that was last years team. Secondly I’m not mad about anything I’m only speaking facts.

Yep. I misspoke. I should've said, "...since we are talking about a program that just went to state last year, with the same head coach and some returning starters,"

True or not, Coach_Salty, you are not stating facts...just your opinion when it comes to classifying them as average, below average, un-respected, juggernaut, etc. 

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yep. I misspoke. I should've said, "...since we are talking about a program that just went to state last year, with the same head coach and some returning starters,"

True or not, Coach_Salty, you are not stating facts...just your opinion when it comes to classifying them as average, below average, un-respected, juggernaut, etc. 

Again nothing to be salty about I have no dog in the fight…just stating the obvious! Only in SETX is PNG considered anything outside of average 

54 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

That’s a combined record of 37-23 which is a 62% W/L ratio…if this not average then maybe we got two definitions of what average is. PNG is an average team that has made a living beating up on other average/below average teams in SETX 

You stated that PN-G was a below average 5A team. No one here said they were a juggernaut.

Winning 62% of your games (actually, if you count last season's record of 13-3, then it's 66%) with a state title appearance is not below average.

Again, I agree that the way BISD currently has things set up in their system is not going to allow them to be competitive in 6A football on a yearly basis. But scheduling is not really one of the issues.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You stated that PN-G was a below average 5A team. No one here said they were a juggernaut.

Winning 62% of your games (actually, if you count last season's record of 13-3, then it's 66%) with a state title appearance is not below average.

Again, I agree that the way BISD currently has things set up in their system is not going to allow them to be competitive in 6A football on a yearly basis. But scheduling is not really one of the issues.

What do you call 66% winning percentage then Aggie? I honestly want to know what you would consider it?

And I never said scheduling was an issue, I only stated that scheduling 5A’s as a 6A program don’t MAKE SENSE!

Just now, Coach_Izzy said:

What do you call 66% winning percentage then Aggie? I honestly want to know what you would consider it?

And I never said scheduling was an issue, I only stated that scheduling 5A’s as a 6A program don’t MAKE SENSE!

66% winning percentage is above average, not below average. It's also not a juggernaut.

I also know some very successful 6A programs that have 5A teams on their schedules. It happens.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

66% winning percentage is above average, not below average. It's also not a juggernaut.

I also know some very successful 6A programs that have 5A teams on their schedules. It happens.

You won’t see any “very successful” 6A programs scheduling average or below average 5A programs. If a “very successful” 6A school is scheduling a 5A program you can guarantee that 5A program is an elite one 

5 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You won’t see any “very successful” 6A programs scheduling average or below average 5A programs. If a “very successful” 6A school is scheduling a 5A program you can guarantee that 5A program is an elite one 

You didn't clarify your earlier statement with "elite" 5A. You just stated that a 6A program scheduling a 5A program DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. I stated that other successful 6A teams have 5A teams on their schedules.

You want to make broad statements, you should expect some negative feedback.

Also, there are a lot of 6A teams in the state (largest classification by number of teams). I guarantee you will find several of what most consider successful 6A teams with a one or more 5A teams on their schedules. Elite or not.

If you want to talk about elite football programs and how they schedule, then you shouldn't be talking about United or West Brook. They are not elite.

Maybe just fine tune your comments and not make such broad strokes. I believe you may have begun to do that with your last few posts.

My point, saying PN-G is a below average 5A football team is inaccurate.

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You didn't clarify your earlier statement with "elite" 5A. You just stated that a 6A program scheduling a 5A program DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. I stated that other successful 6A teams have 5A teams on their schedules.

You want to make broad statements, you should expect some negative feedback.

Also, there are a lot of 6A teams in the state (largest classification by number of teams). I guarantee you will find several of what most consider successful 6A teams with a one or more 5A teams on their schedules. Elite or not.

If you want to talk about elite football programs and how they schedule, then you shouldn't be talking about United or West Brook. They are not elite.

Maybe just fine tune your comments and not make such broad strokes. I believe you may have begun to do that with your last few posts.

My point, saying PN-G is a below average 5A football team is inaccurate.

You missed the entire point…playing a really good or elite 5A program MAKES SENSE for a 6A program. Playing an average one doesn’t! DV playing SOC makes sense because they have the same caliber of talent (probably more) as a the 6A programs they’re going to face this season. When I was at NS we used to schedule Manvel because they had 6A level talent & would be a great game for us. Soon as Shadow Creek opened we stop scheduling them, because it no longer MADE SENSE for us to play them. Let’s not try to spin the narrative, my whole point was playing an average 5a school as a 6A program DOES NOTHING for your program. It’s literally a lose/lose scenario, especially when there are hundred of average 6A schools you can schedule & actually fair well against. Al

Find me some good program that are scheduling average 5A schools…provide examples to back your statement. 

And lastly if I asked any of my coaching buddies outside of SETX about PNG’s program they’d share the same assessment. Again PNG is only held on a pedestal in SETX 

1 minute ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You missed the entire point…playing a really good or elite 5A program MAKES SENSE for a 6A program. Playing an average one doesn’t! DV playing SOC makes sense because they have the same caliber of talent (probably more) as a the 6A programs they’re going to face this season. When I was at NS we used to schedule Manvel because they had 6A level talent & would be a great game for us. Soon as Shadow Creek opened we stop scheduling them, because it no longer MADE SENSE for us to play them. Let’s no try to spin the narrative, my whole point was playing an average 5a school as a 6A program DOES NOTHING for your program. It’s literally a lose/lose scenario, especially when there are hundred of average 6A schools you can schedule & actually fair well against. 

Find me some good program that are scheduling average 5A schools…provide examples to back your statement. 

And lastly if I asked any of my coaching buddies outside of SETX about PNG’s program they’d share the same assessment. Again PNG is only held on a pedestal in SETX 

But you didn't say that initially. You said 6A scheduling 5A makes no sense. Never until after I commented did you start narrowing your statements to "elite". That was my point. You also said PN-G is below average 5A. You are wrong in my opinion.

Again, United and West Brook are not at the level to which you think they should schedule juggernauts. Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But you didn't say that initially. You said 6A scheduling 5A makes no sense. Never until after I commented did you start narrowing your statements to "elite". That was my point. You also said PN-G is below average 5A. You are wrong in my opinion.

Again, United and West Brook are not at the level to which you think they should schedule juggernauts. Just my opinion.

Actually I did, if you go back & read the other thread you’d see I been said PNG was average. And you gain nothing from playing them. 

And your last statement let’s me know you’re not really reading anything I’m saying, cause not once did I say WB & BU should schedule juggernauts…I said they should schedule mediocre 6A schools!