Week-2 Port Arthur Memorial at Nederland Predictions

Who wins   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • Nederland

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2023 at 11:30 PM

One big thing in this one: Ned not playing a 3man front on defense it looked like, it's 4 sometimes it looks like 3 but it looks like Memorial old defense, someone gonna come off the edge, it wasn't that 3-3-5 look. We'll see how well the OL holds up, I expect Ned to blitz more than what Png did, that will force Memorial to change up things offensively maybe?? Have to get the run game going with our 3 RBs. 

Finally finished watching the WOS Ned game in full, Ned does run that same D png runs, certain plays #8 made it look like it was 4 on the line. 

If we don't put at least 40 on the scoreboard offensively I'll have some questions. Ned does have playmakers on offense, specifically the RB who torched us twice last yr on big runs and Tezeno at WR. Ned defense doesn't put a scare into you IMO, plus we've seen it already, that should be an advantage for Memorial. Have to establish the run game early on and not turnover the ball. 

Not real sure what WOS was trying to do 1st half but their run game got going in the 2nd half. I think Martin, Baker and Eugene could have a huge game for us next Friday if we utilize them more instead of running Memorial's favorite play since the mid-to-late 2000s: that "ultra dynamic" bubble screen 🙄 

Also: if in fact we do have this game in hand early put the backup QB in for a couple drives at least, don't do what we did Sanders years when he was in the whole game and backup QB got zero in-game reps. 

Defense and penalties will be the boogie bear.  Need to find that first half offense that performed Friday night.  Playing at home will be a little better.  Momentum is a must for the dogs if the can find it early.  All cliché aside, PAM by two scores.

On 8/26/2023 at 6:38 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Finally finished watching the WOS Ned game in full, Ned does run that same D png runs, certain plays #8 made it look like it was 4 on the line. 

If we don't put at least 40 on the scoreboard offensively I'll have some questions. Ned does have playmakers on offense, specifically the RB who torched us twice last yr on big runs and Tezeno at WR. Ned defense doesn't put a scare into you IMO, plus we've seen it already, that should be an advantage for Memorial. Have to establish the run game early on and not turnover the ball. 

Not real sure what WOS was trying to do 1st half but their run game got going in the 2nd half. I think Martin, Baker and Eugene could have a huge game for us next Friday if we utilize them more instead of running Memorial's favorite play since the mid-to-late 2000s: that "ultra dynamic" bubble screen 🙄 

Also: if in fact we do have this game in hand early put the backup QB in for a couple drives at least, don't do what we did Sanders years when he was in the whole game and backup QB got zero in-game reps. 

If PA defense has the usual hard hitting cats flying around Nederland offensive "play makers" & RB's will probably be limping off the field every 3rd play, Ned QB is about the only guy who takes hard hits\tackles & keeps coming every play for 4 quarters. Play making ability & speed are excellent offensive skills, if you can stay in the game for the majority of the snaps.

2 minutes ago, KF89 said:

If PA defense has the usual hard hitting cats flying around Nederland offensive "play makers" & RB's will probably be limping off the field every 3rd play, Ned QB is about the only guy who takes hard hits\tackles & keeps coming every play for 4 quarters. Play making ability & speed are excellent offensive skills, if you can stay in the game for the majority of the snaps.

I know what to expect from Ned QB, he got in the game last year and took a couple hits but got right back up.

I wanna see if Ned solved their conditioning issues come 2nd half, it was VERY noticable they wasn't ready for a full 4 quarter game last week, but with that said that game lasted oddly long last Friday for some reason.