Lamar (51) @ Beaumont West Brook (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

7 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

Carroll Thomas started all of this debauchery. Should just still be WB and Central. See what happens when people who shouldn’t make decisions make them. 

You realize that the emergence of BU and the closure of Ozen and Central was NOT under Thomas’ watch, right?  

1 hour ago, alwaysright said:

At this point WB and United would struggle at 5A D1. The only option is one HS

I think they would compete well at that 5a level.  It may be hard for you to understand that the current district is probably the toughest district in the state and whatever team that you support would get monkey stomped on a weekly basis as well…. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think they would compete well at that 5a level.  It may be hard for you to understand that the current district is probably the toughest district in the state and whatever team that you support would get monkey stomped on a weekly basis as well…. 

Some people have poor comprehension skills.  The 4th best team in that district just beat Crosby like a drum.  No team in our 5A Districts could compete with the top 4 in that district and I'd throw Humble High in the mix as well.

I called them the SEC West for a reason

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Beaumont United hardly won any games at 5A level. What you smoking. Central had a couple decent years. Oxen got curb stomp almost every year. Your only hope would be West Brook. They struggle with Memorial, I would say BH, Crosby, and even LaPorte would go toe to toe with WB right now. WB is the only school that would have a chance for top 4. Btw, I played at WB when they still were good in football, but they’ve hit rock bottom in Beaumont and that’s facts.

Nobody discrediting their current district. But Beaumont aren’t on the same planet as the top 3-4 schools in their current district.

18 minutes ago, alwaysright said:

Beaumont United hardly won any games at 5A level. What you smoking. Central had a couple decent years. Oxen got curb stomp almost every year. Your only hope would be West Brook. They struggle with Memorial, I would say BH, Crosby, and even LaPorte would go toe to toe with WB right now. WB is the only school that would have a chance for top 4. Btw, I played at WB when they still were good in football, but they’ve hit rock bottom in Beaumont and that’s facts.

Nobody discrediting their current district. But Beaumont aren’t on the same planet as the top 3-4 schools in their current district.

Again, whatever school you support would got skull drug every week in that district.  

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I agree 100%.

WB and United will be more harshly judged based on their non-district schedule, and head to head matchup rather than the North Shore, Summer Creek, Atascocita, and King games.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You realize that the emergence of BU and the closure of Ozen and Central was NOT under Thomas’ watch, right?  

Yes. I am product of BISD. Ozen should've never been created. It opened my senior year at WB (Fall 1997) That was Thomas' decision. Things were fine like they where. Clearly someone was in his ear, as he was not a Beaumont guy. The wanted to bring the old Pear orchard high back. 

10 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

Yes. I am product of BISD. Ozen should've never been created. It opened my senior year at WB (Fall 1997) That was Thomas' decision. Things were fine like they where. Clearly someone was in his ear, as he was not a Beaumont guy. The wanted to bring the old Pear orchard high back. 

On the contrary, it was those exact people, the people from the Pear that finally got their way and wanted their neighborhood school.  I too share your sentiments.  I think Beaumont was fine without the creation of a 3rd HS.  

I've always said that wb and bu should be 5a. If both schools were we'd be in the playoffs every year. One or the other. Brook has some talented kids still there. Coaching has to get better. The kids have to get better. The community has to get better. whether they have one school or three schools, the kids and parents have to step up and do better. Kids getting kicked off teams, smoking weed and vaping, parents knowing about it and cant control them. It's alot that makes a successful program and its not just at the 50 yard line. 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Again, whatever school you support would got skull drug every week in that district.  

Again, not talking about current district, I’m talking current football teams of United and WB. Yes, they would lose still, just not by 45 points. United wouldn’t sniff the playoffs in 5A and WB would struggle to get 4th.

14 minutes ago, alwaysright said:

Again, not talking about current district, I’m talking current football teams of United and WB. Yes, they would lose still, just not by 45 points. United wouldn’t sniff the playoffs in 5A and WB would struggle to get 4th.

What team do you support, dude?  Because it sounds like you’re trying to make a point that’s not there.  

33 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ohh wow!  He is.  😂. That’s why he kept avoiding the question.  Now I know for sure his squad would get donkey stomped every week.  He knows it too.

By who United? That’s comical Soulja and you know it. I know it’s hard for you to think area 5A teams are just as good as the Beaumont schools, but it’s true. You try to talk about the district that your in as an excuse, but what was the excuse when you could (every now and then)barely beat mid county schools? I’ll wait……

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Any team he supports is actually what I said.  And I was banking it was a local 5a team.  🤷🏾‍♂️

Soulja I’ve been around as long if not longer then you. I just can’t get into my old account. Lol

United is a poor man’s Cental. United wouldn’t beat BH, Crosby, PAM, or probably even LaPorte or Porter. Stick to basketball.😂