PNG @ LCM

JackofAll

Great opportunity for the Bears to go up against a 5A State Finalist.

What should each team focus on? Will a limited QB running game affect LCM? How as PN-G reloaded?

How fast will be visitor side fill up and what's the over/under on folding chairs? 75... 150? How many times will the fans do the tomahawk chop?

So many questions!!!

7 hours ago, JackofAll said:

What should each team focus on? Will a limited QB running game affect LCM? How as PN-G reloaded?

How fast will be visitor side fill up and what's the over/under on folding chairs? 75... 150? How many times will the fans do the tomahawk chop?

So many questions!!!

I hear PNG is bringing the band. 

19 hours ago, JackofAll said:

So many questions!!!

Honest question - what do you mean by limited QB running game? I thought the new QB is supposed to be a strong runner.

3 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Honest question - what do you mean by limited QB running game? I thought the new QB is supposed to be a strong runner.

He's a storng runner. If it's last week, he'll be wearing red jersey. Whistles blown on touch. Except for that one play where he got into the Bobcats secondary and took a big hit.

It should be interesting. Last season the first scrimmage finally was called after a couple lightning alarms went off. I forget how long the second scrimmage attempt lasted, but I recall that LCM moved the ball pretty good.  When the PNG offense got the ball they ran something like 10 straight or maybe more running plays up the middle to the same RB. Then changed RBs and ran 10 or more running plays in a row, up the middle, all to the 2nd RB.  So who knows, maybe this Thursday they will just throw passes like its a 7 on 7, but I wouldn't guess that, since these two teams faced each other numerous times 7 on 7 this past spring and early summer. I do know one thing, though. This past Sat morning it was HOT and HUMID at the PNG Reservation. We'll see how it is in LCM this Thursday evening. 

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

I was at that game lol

Well im pretty old, and was in high school then Monday morning our principal  came over the speaker with the typical news. Then said if anyone needs him he would be meeting PNG staff to smoke a peace pipe. Everyone started laughing. Those were good times.  

I think PNG ended up with three touchdowns and a field goal. LCM, two touchdowns. Both teams looked pretty sharp, with advantage to png on both sides of the ball. Png defensive and offensive lines are huge, physical, and look game-ready. LCM largely didn’t move the ball against PNG’s 1s, but their passing and run game opened up in the second half. Both teams’ qbs looked good. LCM has some good size, well-coached, and they have a couple fast running backs. LCM defense isn’t as good as their offense, but they overall look pretty good. Png looks like a mostly well-oiled machine, but there were a few mistakes like dropped passes, and a couple missed tackles. PNG’s qb 2 had a couple of really nice passes completed in the second half. Png qbs threw a couple ints.