August 8th scores

46 minutes ago, vbdiva said:

@MamaBear2001 thoughts after seeing LCM in their fist game? still think LCM wins district? Liberty plays BC today so will be interesting to see what the scores are comparatively. 

From what I hear Liberty won’t be amazing this year… but are really young. They may slip into a 3rd or 4th place finish in district 

9 hours ago, vbdiva said:

@MamaBear2001 thoughts after seeing LCM in their fist game? still think LCM wins district? Liberty plays BC today so will be interesting to see what the scores are comparatively. 

I think they have a shot. LCM has several players with no varsity experience so it will take a while to get rolling, but the athleticism is there. BC looked more down than I expected at the scrimmage last weekend. Demi Carter is still a powerhouse but she is their only threat, and they could barely get her the ball to hit with the poor setting. 

Scores via Ashly Elam

Wednesday August 8

Non-District
Bridge City 3 Liberty 0
(25-12, 25-7, 25-13)

PNG 3 West Brook 1
(25-23, 25-23, 17-25, 25-14)

Tarkington 3 Hardin-Jefferson 1
(25-14, 26-24, 24-26, 26-24)

Orangefield 3 Lumberton 0
(27-25, 27-25, 26-24)

Vidor 3 Hamshire-Fannett 1
(18-25, 25-22, 25-23, 25-21)

LCM defeated Hardin tonight in 5.  Liberty did not have best player vs LCM on Monday.

Hardin losing to LCM is exactly what I expected this year would be like.  Tough at first, then get better as the season goes on, for the Lady Hornets.

Still slated in my opinion to finish top 3 or 4 in district play.

For reference, Hardin defeated LCM last year 3-1, so the tide turned quite a bit from a season ago.

Bridge City however is the real deal and in my opinion they will make a run this year for 2/3 rounds.

44 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

LCM defeated Hardin tonight in 5.  Liberty did not have best player vs LCM on Monday.

Hardin losing to LCM is exactly what I expected this year would be like.  Tough at first, then get better as the season goes on, for the Lady Hornets.

Still slated in my opinion to finish top 3 or 4 in district play.

For reference, Hardin defeated LCM last year 3-1, so the tide turned quite a bit from a season ago.

Bridge City however is the real deal and in my opinion they will make a run this year for 2/3 rounds.

Bridge City wouldn't make the playoffs in 5A. Huffman should steamroll them if they get there. 

Any word on Nederland? 

6 hours ago, vbdiva said:

Bridge City wouldn't make the playoffs in 5A. Huffman should steamroll them if they get there. 

Any word on Nederland? 

To say they wouldn’t make the playoffs in 5A isn’t necessarily true… maybe not certain districts but I guarantee you there are some weaker 5A districts that they would make it