Football scrimmages

Watched Buna/Lumberton scrimmage, sure both coaches saw things they want to work on.  Raiders still had same starters out plus a OL player. Not sure about Buna player status. Buna offense didn’t do much against 1st defense but late in scrimmage against 2nd team defense they started making some plays. Good confidence booster for them. Buna has to work on their kicking game.  Lumberton offense seemed to be working on  different pass plays, still has some things to get worked out. Running game looked better. 
Defensive line and linebackers looking good. 
Would have liked to see Lumberton at full strength to see how they clicked. 
 Just a spectator’s perspective.

29 minutes ago, Gameday2 said:

Watched Buna/Lumberton scrimmage, sure both coaches saw things they want to work on.  Raiders still had same starters out plus a OL player. Not sure about Buna player status. Buna offense didn’t do much against 1st defense but late in scrimmage against 2nd team defense they started making some plays. Good confidence booster for them. Buna has to work on their kicking game.  Lumberton offense seemed to be working on  different pass plays, still has some things to get worked out. Running game looked better. 
Defensive line and linebackers looking good. 
Would have liked to see Lumberton at full strength to see how they clicked. 
 Just a spectator’s perspective.

Either way ( scrimmage yes) great for buna. Thats over 2 division difference even lumberton 2s vs buna 1s should've been 1 sided in my opinion. Sounds like great work for both.

I agree with the 2 div difference and expected outcome, but depth of teams can vary, and how a coaches chooses to staff his teams. Buna with not a big pool of players has to play some both ways;  Lumberton uses two different teams for offense and defense. Reyes has made this system work. So you can see a difference on depth in second team staffing. Player’s are able to concentrate on their position and should be able to last longer under game conditions. 

21 hours ago, BHFAN said:

6 teams. Don’t hate we can’t help that you can’t 

Heard Herndon tore up his other knee and is done for the year unfortunately. Heard Davis was a no-go and Malone is out with some broken bones in an upper extremity. Y’all are a couple of injuries from starting like Crosby did last year, but I know since y’all have some many kids it shouldn’t matter anyway.

Luckily y’all have a super easy schedule to start with and might be able to sit some kids. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Heard Herndon tore up his other knee and is done for the year unfortunately. Heard Davis was a no-go and Malone is out with some broken bones in an upper extremity. Y’all are a couple of injuries from starting like Crosby did last year, but I know since y’all have some many kids it shouldn’t matter anyway.

Luckily y’all have a super easy schedule to start with and might be able to sit some kids. 

In bold: seems like that kid injures a knee every year. Is that his 3rd knee injury so far in HS? 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You seem happy about BH injuries. We will do what every team does and that’s next man up. What we won’t do is make excuses like you do for Crosby. All teams have injuries it’s an unfortunate part of the game hope these young men get well soon.

4 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

You seem happy about BH injuries. We will do what every team does and that’s next man up. What we won’t do is make excuses like you do for Crosby. All teams have injuries it’s an unfortunate part of the game hope these young men get well soon.

Nobody’s happy about those kids being injured.  Sux for Herndon and Malone for sure because those kids are uber talented and this is their Sr yr. Hopefully Davis can get back soon as well. 

6 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Happy about injured kids? There’s a lot of things you can accuse me of but as the parent of a child that’s had their leg reconstructed playing this game, please don’t accuse me of that. 

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Happy about injured kids? There’s a lot of things you can accuse me of but as the parent of a child that’s had their leg reconstructed playing this game, please don’t accuse me of that. 

Just saying you seem to keep up with BH injuries. 🤔 or anything BH in a negative light. 

8 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Just saying you seem to keep up with BH injuries. 🤔 or anything BH in a negative light. 

Most people in BH are from Baytown. Working in Baytown most of the people in my work group happen to live in BH. Literally half of my building lives in BH and lots of them have kids in various grades and sports. The softball girls are the star athletes of your school so we hear about them the most.