BISD Memorial Stadium now will be.........

39 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

All those poo-pooing BISD Foosball, there not another team this side of the San Jacinto that could stay within 4 Td's of NS, Atascocita, King, or the fighting x-boxes(Summer Creek).  Hopefully, they will both drop to 5A D1 and will compete better in all sports.  Some of these comments🤢🤮

I really would like for that to happen as well.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

No 7A next realignment per UIL. I don't think it'll ever happen. 

Yeah I read it won’t happen next realignment… I’m still holding hope it happens. I truly feel bad for those 6A schools that play those “mega” HS that I call them. 

I wanna say someone pushed the idea but it never gain traction on having a cap at 6A.. not sure if that will ever happen. 

How about this novel idea:  Combine both Beaumont schools and then that will pretty much equal the enrollment of NS.  Then they would be one of the big dogs in the District.  But, again, this comes with a caveat:  They must not allow who has been selecting the coaches to continue.  Although Beaumont will always have the athletes, this, along with a large enrollment, won't matter if bad coaches are in charge.  

7 minutes ago, Reagan said:

How about this novel idea:  Combine both Beaumont schools and then that will pretty much equal the enrollment of NS.  Then they would be one of the big dogs in the District.  But, again, this comes with a caveat:  They must not allow who has been selecting the coaches to continue.  Although Beaumont will always have the athletes, this, along with a large enrollment, won't matter if bad coaches are in charge.  

Combining schools isn't necessarily the answer, until you hold the administration accountable and improve the pay for teachers and coaches. BISD will always be behind, the rest of the state, trying to catch up. 

53 minutes ago, SETX7273 said:

Combining schools isn't necessarily the answer, until you hold the administration accountable and improve the pay for teachers and coaches. BISD will always be behind, the rest of the state, trying to catch up. 

Beaumont and PAISD are the two highest paid districts in the area…. More pay isn’t the answer. I mean, it would be nice if you were a teacher, but it’s just throwing good money after bad. 

54 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Beaumont and PAISD are the two highest paid districts in the area…. More pay isn’t the answer. I mean, it would be nice if you were a teacher, but it’s just throwing good money after bad. 

Yes they are the highest paid. Better pay will help get more teachers, administrators and coaches to possibly move to the area. BISD has already has charter schools taking over,

18 minutes ago, SETX7273 said:

Yes they are the highest paid. Better pay will help get more teachers, administrators and coaches to possibly move to the area. BISD has already has charter schools taking over,

Help me understand your logic. They are already the highest paid in the area, and quite possibly the worst performing. There’s obviously no correlation between MORE pay for teachers… they’ve already proven that “more pay” didn’t help.  

In what other planet would people say “ok… we’ve got our worst performing division, but they’re also the highest paid out of all of our divisions. What can we do to fix this?”  Give ‘em a raise? I don’t think so. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 6:20 PM, Austin1985 said:

All those poo-pooing BISD Foosball, there not another team this side of the San Jacinto that could stay within 4 Td's of NS, Atascocita, King, or the fighting x-boxes(Summer Creek).  Hopefully, they will both drop to 5A D1 and will compete better in all sports.  Some of these comments🤢🤮

It goes back to the enrollment comment that I always make. Look at Katy's record in the 6A-D1 playoffs vs the 6A-D2 playoffs, especially of late. Katy won a lot of titles playing with 3k+ kids down in D2, which has/had been a big 6A-D2 enrollment historically. 

In North Shore's district the four teams they send to the playoffs have a combined enrollment of over 15,000 according to the last UIL update. Atascocita isn't getting a new school yet so their enrollment will cross 4,000 by realignment next year, meaning Summer Creek and CE King will be playing in the 6A-D2 playoffs with 3,500+ kids. Enrollments aren't always an advantage but they most certainly are with the caliber of athletes they have at those four schools.  

On 7/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, Reagan said:

I've been saying this for over 10 years now. It is the only way Beaumont will ever have a chance of competing at a high level consistently, this along with a purge of the current admin. Having a successful football program starts from the top! BISD is 10 years behind most other programs especially when it comes to how to run a facilities, X's and O's & how to run a successful program overall. It still baffles me that there's no true feeder programs or athletic periods in middle schools. BISD is the ONLY schools in 21-6a that don't have 90 min athletic periods as well. Just sad man smh.

On 7/23/2023 at 5:56 PM, CardinalBacker said:

BISD isn’t top 2 anymore. In recent year Beaumont kids are flighty and if they ain’t winning they’re leaving and going somewhere else.