Costco cracks down on non-members using membership cards

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

The retailer’s crackdown on membership card-sharing involves having people provide their Costco membership card to a staff member when asked to do so while using self-checkout registers, according to a company statement provided to FOX Business. Costco said its workers "ask for a photo ID" in the event the membership card does not have a person’s picture on it.

So, is Costco racist?  Serious question.  

I know the answer to the question and so does everyone else.  I'm simply point out the ridiculous stance democrats take on voter ID.

And we all know why they take that stance, it's to make voter fraud much easier.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

The retailer’s crackdown on membership card-sharing involves having people provide their Costco membership card to a staff member when asked to do so while using self-checkout registers, according to a company statement provided to FOX Business. Costco said its workers "ask for a photo ID" in the event the membership card does not have a person’s picture on it.

So, is Costco racist?  Serious question.  

I know the answer to the question and so does everyone else.  I'm simply point out the ridiculous stance democrats take on voter ID.

And we all know why they take that stance, it's to make voter fraud much easier.

That conflates two issues so badly it’s really quite hilarious.  Using someone else’s COSTCO card is like using someone else’s Netflix login.  COSTCO is trying to tighten its membership usage. A business decision. The false cardholder is not committing a crime.  A voter, however, is committing a crime if they say they are who the card says and  are not. That type of criminality was statistically nonexistent BEFORE the voter photo ID craze that is nothing but a red herring to distract from  the real effort - making it harder to vote.

8 minutes ago, UT alum said:

That conflates two issues so badly it’s really quite hilarious.  Using someone else’s COSTCO card is like using someone else’s Netflix login.  COSTCO is trying to tighten its membership usage. A business decision. The false cardholder is not committing a crime.  A voter, however, is committing a crime if they say they are who the card says and  are not. That type of criminality was statistically nonexistent BEFORE the voter photo ID craze that is nothing but a red herring to distract from  the real effort - making it harder to vote.

Presenting an ID does not make it harder to vote, it simply makes it harder for your party to cheat.

23 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Spot on.

But you’ll get nothing but bad faith “debates” from team redhatter here.

I don’t think they even know what statistically nonexistent or insignificant even means lol 

26 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Making someone verify who they say they are by presenting a ID is making it harder to vote?😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 Uh…Ok

I've never understood how it makes it harder. How does one function in America without an ID? Also, what percent that does not have the motivation/time/money to get an ID would actually spend the time to vote?

The bigger issue is lowering standards to make it easy for anyone to do anything.  Laws get broken, lets change them.....Bails too high, lets lower it....STARR test is too hard.....lets end it......

We are letting a very small percent of people change who we are as a nation......it's going to end up biting us......

7 hours ago, baddog said:

It does make it harder to vote IF YOU’RE NOT AN AMERICAN CITIZEN! Why is that so hard to understand? You lefties are a joke. 

The issue isn’t about requiring IDs to vote. Most reasonable people agree you should need a valid ID. 

Its about limiting early voting, shutting down polling locations, not letting 18+ students vote at their college locations, limiting mail-in voting (but politicians do it), etc

But your brain can’t comprehend that because you listen to main stream media from 7am until you go to sleep 🐑 

8 minutes ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

The issue isn’t about requiring IDs to vote. Most reasonable people agree you should need a valid ID. 

Its about limiting early voting, shutting down polling locations, not letting 18+ students vote at their college locations, limiting mail-in voting (but politicians do it), etc

But your brain can’t comprehend that because you listen to main stream media from 7am until you go to sleep 🐑 

It’s totally about needing an ID to vote.  Democrats must not be reasonable since they balk at the mention of needing ID’s to vote.  Makes it more difficult to cheat, wouldn’t you agree BidenTheCon2020?

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

It’s totally about needing an ID to vote.  Democrats must not be reasonable since they balk at the mention of needing ID’s to vote.  Makes it more difficult to cheat, wouldn’t you agree BidenTheCon2020?

is this supposed to be a “gotcha”?

Again, I’m not out here defending democrats so stop trying to create imaginary debates and arguments 

1 hour ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

“Its about limiting early voting, shutting down polling locations, not letting 18+ students vote at their college locations, limiting mail-in voting (but politicians do it), etc“

This statement is all pie in the sky BS. 
It’s always been called Election Day not Election Month. Nobody’s trying to make it hard to vote. Our voting system is ridiculous enough as it is. There is a big chain of custody issue when you have all these different ways of voting which leads to voting fraud. 

You want to talk about making it hard to vote? Look at the ridiculous BS that happened in Arizona in the mid terms.

I think you’ve been watching too much mainstream nonsense. 

13 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

“Its about limiting early voting, shutting down polling locations, not letting 18+ students vote at their college locations, limiting mail-in voting (but politicians do it), etc“

This statement is all pie in the sky BS. 
It’s always been called Election Day not Election Month. Nobody’s trying to make it hard to vote. Our voting system is ridiculous enough as it is. There is a big chain of custody issue when you have all these different ways of voting which leads to voting fraud. 

You want to talk about making it hard to vote? Look at the ridiculous BS that happened in Arizona in the mid terms.

I think you’ve been watching too much mainstream nonsense. 

Don’t have to watch anything.  Why are you liberal Dems so opposed to voter ID laws?

On 6/28/2023 at 9:07 AM, UT alum said:

That conflates two issues so badly it’s really quite hilarious.  Using someone else’s COSTCO card is like using someone else’s Netflix login.  COSTCO is trying to tighten its membership usage. A business decision. The false cardholder is not committing a crime.  A voter, however, is committing a crime if they say they are who the card says and  are not. That type of criminality was statistically nonexistent BEFORE the voter photo ID craze that is nothing but a red herring to distract from  the real effort - making it harder to vote.

Just because I am not very educated... Why is requiring a photo ID an effort to make voting difficult? Everybody and their mama has a photo ID. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, LumRaiderFan said:

Presenting an ID does not make it harder to vote, it simply makes it harder for your party to cheat.

That’s the point, man. There was no cheating before. The system works better than any other in the world. Making up cheating is just another way to divide us and breed suspicion among us rather than confidence. The picture’s not the point. It’s about honor, trust, and patriotic belief in the democratic system. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Just because I am not very educated... Why is requiring a photo ID an effort to make voting difficult? Everybody and their mama has a photo ID. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Know any people who don’t drive? Or can’t drive? That’s the only photo ID I have. What about you?

41 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Know any people who don’t drive? Or can’t drive? That’s the only photo ID I have. What about you?

You can get a state issued id in all states. Under 60 is $16 in Texas. 60+ is only $6. 

By the way, you have to have a photo I’d for the following in almost all 50 states:

Purchase Alcohol or tobacco, open a bank account, apply for food stamps or welfare, apply for Medicaid/Social Security, apply for unemployment, rent/buy a house, drive a car, get on an airplane, get married, purchase a gun, rent a hotel room, get a hunting or fishing  license. 

There’s plenty more, but I’m sure you get the “picture”. (See what I did there…) 

48 minutes ago, UT alum said:

That’s the point, man. There was no cheating before. The system works better than any other in the world. Making up cheating is just another way to divide us and breed suspicion among us rather than confidence. The picture’s not the point. It’s about honor, trust, and patriotic belief in the democratic system. 

You gotta be kidding me, no cheating before?

The reason the IDs began being required was because there was cheating.  You're simply repeating lefty talking points.

And the picture IS the point because your party has no honor, trust or patriotic belief in the democratic system.

34 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You can get a state issued id in all states. Under 60 is $16 in Texas. 60+ is only $6. 

By the way, you have to have a photo I’d for the following in almost all 50 states:

Purchase Alcohol or tobacco, open a bank account, apply for food stamps or welfare, apply for Medicaid/Social Security, apply for unemployment, rent/buy a house, drive a car, get on an airplane, get married, purchase a gun, rent a hotel room, get a hunting or fishing  license. 

There’s plenty more, but I’m sure you get the “picture”. (See what I did there…) 

But you don’t need a ID to purchase Crack! Just ask Hunter Biden! 🤣

On 6/29/2023 at 2:56 PM, SmashMouth said:

Poll taxes in disguise.