Bridge City coach

WO-S 89

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

Gotta fee bad for the incoming senior class.. 3 head coaches in high school career. Possible not even a head coach hired until after the season so senior year will be washed for them… dumpster fire 

They just hired the baseball coach and the super is the AD

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Gotta fee bad for the incoming senior class.. 3 head coaches in high school career. Possible not even a head coach hired until after the season so senior year will be washed for them… dumpster fire 

I would think that the parents of the incoming seniors would approach the school board and Super and let them know that this should be opened up state wide to see if a decent coach would be interested.  But you are right, making a snap decision like this is screwing the kids.  Heck, Crosby got a decent coach at the last minute.  So, you never know until you try.  

1 minute ago, setxathlete14 said:

Sounds self inflicted? Probably not the best idea to focus that much on snocones after 2 of the worst seasons in BC history?

Sno-cones might be the best thing to happen to the BC football program since 2019 😁

This is the hidden content, please

"So what happened?

Besides the 5-15 start, Coach McGuire purchased a mobile sno-cone truck and called it Coach’s Cones earlier this spring. It didn’t sit well with some BC brass. Some felt the AD/HFC position is a full time position.

“I was asked to resign,” McGuire told KOGT. “They didn’t like that I left during school a couple of times to sell sno-cones.”

11 minutes ago, Bobcatfan4life said:

"So what happened?

Besides the 5-15 start, Coach McGuire purchased a mobile sno-cone truck and called it Coach’s Cones earlier this spring. It didn’t sit well with some BC brass. Some felt the AD/HFC position is a full time position.

“I was asked to resign,” McGuire told KOGT. “They didn’t like that I left during school a couple of times to sell sno-cones.”

Sno cones more important then a winning football record

They finally found a way to get baseball players to play football. Taking grounders on the 50 yard line. Batting practice in the end zone. 2-a-days will be interesting. Fall baseball will be fine at BC. And those that really wanted to play football are gonna fly out to another local school. OF, PNG, or LCM. Maybe even Vidor. I think Dubois has alot of fans in BC too.

19 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They finally found a way to get baseball players to play football. Taking grounders on the 50 yard line. Batting practice in the end zone. 2-a-days will be interesting. Fall baseball will be fine at BC. And those that really wanted to play football are gonna fly out to another local school. OF, PNG, or LCM. Maybe even Vidor. I think Dubois has alot of fans in BC too.

Wasnt to long a Bridge City QB took a tour of WOS facility and his daddy was going to buy a house in Wos district. 

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I believe you are right! Except I got 3 phone calls today asking about Nederland from 2 going to be sophomore kids and 1 incoming freshman… parents are fed up and already looking to get out. 

2 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Wasnt to long a Bridge City QB took a tour of WOS facility and his daddy was going to buy a house in Wos district. 

WOS welcomes any and all students looking to get a quality education. Perhaps you've seen the commercials on TV about our career center teaching welding. Or the in-house beauty salon that allows students to learn the essential art of cosmetology. But nobody is running to jump on a sinking ship. We have to get back to our winning ways before getting future athletic transfers.

WOS is also an open district without tuition fees. So buying rental property in Orange area would be a bonus in today's OC. But not a requirement. The other one that I knew of 2 or 3 years ago, which was not public, didn't bother because of the coming regime change. Some of us knew way before CT's last game vs China Spring.

Long story short... it didn't happen then, I doubt it will now. I could be wrong, it has happened once before. 🧢

36 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I believe you are right! Except I got 3 phone calls today asking about Nederland from 2 going to be sophomore kids and 1 incoming freshman… parents are fed up and already looking to get out. 

Going to Nederland instead means they're looking for playing time as underclassmen. Something they may not have a chance to do at the schools I listed because of the successful upward trend of those programs.

5 hours ago, Bobcatfan4life said:

"So what happened?

I legit thought you typed this out as a joke, then I clicked on the link. What in the world 

57 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

I legit thought you typed this out as a joke, then I clicked on the link. What in the world 

When I got told about this yesterday I thought the person was making a joke. Then several other folks told me the same thing.

Not sure I ever heard of an AD/HC being let go for selling snow cones.

But, this was just the icing on the cake and an opportunity for BC to get rid of him for cause and not owe him anything.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

When I got told about this yesterday I thought the person was making a joke. Then several other folks told me the same thing.

Not sure I ever heard of an AD/HC being let go for selling snow cones.

But, this was just the icing on the cake and an opportunity for BC to get rid of him for cause and not owe him anything.

Yeah, I was thinking 5-15 and maybe other issues.. you can’t sell sno-cones and coach!

If 16 - 5 with a playoff appearance? Can you please schedule to sell your cones between classes and on weekends?

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Going to Nederland instead means they're looking for playing time as underclassmen. Something they may not have a chance to do at the schools I listed because of the successful upward trend of those programs.

2 of them parents both went to Nederland with one student moving to BC in elementary… they will be fine, that soon to be sophomore class is extremely talented. But they won’t stay, the best athlete left BC went to BH and is a stud there and hasn’t looked back. Trust me when I say BC is about to lose several big time athletes. 

I don’t even know what to say. 

The Cards had the “distinction” of being the lowest scoring team in 4AD2 for 2022, plus they’re  headed back up to be one of the smallest schools in 4aD1. This is probably the worst job opportunity in the state. I think posting the job for outside candidates would have been a complete waste of time…. Time being something we don’t have, anyways. 

But on the other hand, how stupid do you have to be to start dipping out of work to sling snocones when you’re already doing this poorly in your job-job? Is that how they do it back wherever he came from?

Maybe it’s just a rumor but I heard the days he was sno coning were the activity/fun days on the other campuses. 

As far as AD & coaches having side businesses and other jobs, there’s far too many to list. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

But on the other hand, how stupid do you have to be to start dipping out of work to sling snocones when you’re already doing this poorly in your job-job? Is that how they do it back wherever he came from?

I thought it was a decent recruiting tool until hearing that he was operating during school hours.