Bridge City coach

WO-S 89

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What positions do u think he's playing? 

LB could see him moving to DE later on in HS when he adds weight but I feel like that LB is his natural position and running back/fullback. He’s always been a gamer he will do just fine in whatever roll they put him in. 

5 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

LB could see him moving to DE later on in HS when he adds weight but I feel like that LB is his natural position and running back/fullback. He’s always been a gamer he will do just fine in whatever roll they put him in. 

To think he'll break records as a RB at BC, he must be the real deal. Hope they can keep him.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been following this thread for quite some time and finally decided to chime in so here goes...

As a personal friend of Coach Landry I am excited to see how he does on the football field. My son not only played for him but he also coached with him so I feel like I can give a somewhat educated opinion on what he brings to the table. I will be truly shocked if the BC football team is not much more prepared and in better shape compared to last years squad. If Landry runs the football program like he does the baseball program then it will get better because he does a great job of preparing his players for just about any situation. How many wins that translates to who knows, but they will be more competitive and disciplined without a doubt. I have had a couple of friends from other schools who have kids playing on teams that BC has already scrimmaged and they all commented that you could tell a difference from last year. Just like with the baseball teams Landry will focus on what they do best and adapt to that instead of trying to be something they are not built to be. I wish the entire program nothing but success and hope they have a good season.

Rake1

P.S.

Personally I will enjoy (BC football having some sort of success) to no end knowing that some on this thread who are ridiculously vocal about the perceived discrepancies between football and baseball at BC have to not only root for the baseball coach to have success but actually have to give him credit at some point. Only time will tell.

2 hours ago, Rake1 said:

I have been following this thread for quite some time and finally decided to chime in so here goes...

As a personal friend of Coach Landry I am excited to see how he does on the football field. My son not only played for him but he also coached with him so I feel like I can give a somewhat educated opinion on what he brings to the table. I will be truly shocked if the BC football team is not much more prepared and in better shape compared to last years squad. If Landry runs the football program like he does the baseball program then it will get better because he does a great job of preparing his players for just about any situation. How many wins that translates to who knows, but they will be more competitive and disciplined without a doubt. I have had a couple of friends from other schools who have kids playing on teams that BC has already scrimmaged and they all commented that you could tell a difference from last year. Just like with the baseball teams Landry will focus on what they do best and adapt to that instead of trying to be something they are not built to be. I wish the entire program nothing but success and hope they have a good season.

Rake1

P.S.

Personally I will enjoy (BC football having some sort of success) to no end knowing that some on this thread who are ridiculously vocal about the perceived discrepancies between football and baseball at BC have to not only root for the baseball coach to have success but actually have to give him credit at some point. Only time will tell.

Great post. I hope he makes a difference and they surprise some teams this season. Just not versus us.

Good luck to you son too. The profession needs young men like him.

9 hours ago, Rake1 said:

Rake1

P.S.

Amen! As I have said in previous comments, I have friends who coach in BC and they had said the same thing. They were hamstringed for 2 years with poor leadership and not allowed to discipline players or demand accountability. Kids could get multiple penalties in a game or not show up to practice but never have a consequence. I saw the Vidor scrimmage and the team is small (it's BC and for some reason they rarely have big kids) but their respectfulness and discipline was an obvious change. Anytime a BC player tried to step out of line, CL or another coach handled it Asap.

The change in leadership this year has been a positive change all around. And hopefully the parents who were up in arms about the change can see the difference by now. Nobody stormed the school board meeting as far as I know and the summer numbers were better than last year. BC was about to lose a large number of good coaches who couldn't stand another year of dysfunction. 

God bless whoever got the snow cone coach now. 

1 hour ago, Colt45Red said:

BC was about to lose a large number of good coaches who couldn't stand another year of dysfunction. 

God bless whoever got the snow cone coach now. 

Lost 6 total across all sports. Coach sNO cONE is now the principal in Denver City. Small town SW of Lubbock. Think someone said his kid got a scholarship to Texas Tech.

11 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Lost 6 total across all sports. Coach sNO cONE is now the principal in Denver City. Small town SW of Lubbock. Think someone said his kid got a scholarship to Texas Tech.

Losing 6 is bad enough for a small school, but they were about to lose several more (couple of my buds included). They were given some hope for change before they pulled the trigger. 

McGuire had a boy who was a sophomore or junior last year and a senior daughter. I just looked at the article someone posted above about the Denver City move. Principal huh. Was he ever a principal before? I guess those west Texas ties run deep. Wonder if their football coach is about to retire or something? 

19 minutes ago, Colt45Red said:

Losing 6 is bad enough for a small school, but they were about to lose several more (couple of my buds included). They were given some hope for change before they pulled the trigger. 

McGuire had a boy who was a sophomore or junior last year and a senior daughter. I just looked at the article someone posted above about the Denver City move. Principal huh. Was he ever a principal before? I guess those west Texas ties run deep. Wonder if their football coach is about to retire or something? 

Guy is on the other side of the state, we can quit bringing him up. Get behind CL and this young team, hope that CL and the guys build the program the right way and get BC in a better situation for the next coach that comes in.