Invasion

Unwoke

Big girl, ut alum, donthecon, boyzindahood, westend, nappyhead, is this what you envisioned when you voted for this po💩.  Or was it a weaker America, inflation through the roof, gas prices that have doubled, or the most corrupt potus in history.  I’m guessing y’all will vote for his sorry ass again.  Some people just don’t learn.

On 5/9/2023 at 8:39 AM, baddog said:

I feel absolutely no responsibility towards these people. There is no sympathy. Everyone can’t be American. 

I have a somewhat different take on the situation. I have plenty of sympathy when I put myself and my family in their shoes. As a human race, I even feel some responsibility. However, entry into this country must be lawful. There are boundaries and laws for a reason. So far, neither side has the answer. The current admin's response is the worst one yet...

46 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I have a somewhat different take on the situation. I have plenty of sympathy when I put myself and my family in their shoes. As a human race, I even feel some responsibility. However, entry into this country must be lawful. There are boundaries and laws for a reason. So far, neither side has the answer. The current admin's response is the worst one yet...

Two things... we should make it easier to come here legally and also control the inflows... whether legally, with borders, penalties, or whatever means necessary.

Secondly, if you REALLY want to stop the invasion, start courting the migrants to be Republicans instead of screaming "GO HOME" in a language that they don't understand.  Nancy Pelosi herself would be on the border stringing barbed wire if she thought the majority of immigrants were going to vote Republican.  

You have legal then you have illegal immigration.  It's amazing how in this country talking about illegal immigration, you know, BREAKING the law, is somewhat no big deal.   Of the recent invasion, I saw pictures.  Of the thousands and thousands, it's amazing how there are very few women!  

BTW -- legal asylum is you go to the first country from your country.  NOT 2 or 3 countries away.  This is all a con game.  I'd like to know who alerts these people when it's time to move and who is paying for these people to move!

It shouldn't be easy to become a citizen, but the process shouldn't be so long and difficult that it's just easier to break the law and come in illegally.  I would love to see a revamped system that does a few things:

1. make the pathway to citizenship more attainable for migrants

2. make it a requirement for all money made while here on a temporary status to be taxed, and at a higher level than it is for citizens.  any effort to circumvent this process means immediate deportation with no future opportunity at citizenship.

3. any crime worse than traffic offenses results in immediate and permanent deportation, with no future opportunity at citizenship.

4. Any immigrant willing to serve a 4-year stint in a branch of our military gains immediate citizenship upon completion.

5.  Immigrants and their families, regardless of status, should not be eligible for handouts such as WIC, medicaid, food stamps, etc.  If a family can't survive without these, they are not benefiting our country, and should be deported without future opportunity at citizenship.  

6.  Any child born here to illegal parents should not be given immediate citizenship, and should be treated as a citizen of the country of their parents' birth.  

37 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It shouldn't be easy to become a citizen, but the process shouldn't be so long and difficult that it's just easier to break the law and come in illegally.  I would love to see a revamped system that does a few things:

1. make the pathway to citizenship more attainable for migrants

2. make it a requirement for all money made while here on a temporary status to be taxed, and at a higher level than it is for citizens.  any effort to circumvent this process means immediate deportation with no future opportunity at citizenship.

3. any crime worse than traffic offenses results in immediate and permanent deportation, with no future opportunity at citizenship.

4. Any immigrant willing to serve a 4-year stint in a branch of our military gains immediate citizenship upon completion.

5.  Immigrants and their families, regardless of status, should not be eligible for handouts such as WIC, medicaid, food stamps, etc.  If a family can't survive without these, they are not benefiting our country, and should be deported without future opportunity at citizenship.  

6.  Any child born here to illegal parents should not be given immediate citizenship, and should be treated as a citizen of the country of their parents' birth.  

You do realize that some of your proposals will require constitutional amendment. For example, “Jus soli” (right of the soil) allows for immediate citizenship in the 14th Amendment. That’s how slaves and slave children were allowed to be citizens and eventually free citizens. It’ll never happen. 

There’s a couple more on there that seem a little exorbitant. Unless, of course, you think that a simple public intoxication offense should ban one from becoming naturalized for life. 

6 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

You do realize that some of your proposals will require constitutional amendment. For example, “Jus soli” (right of the soil) allows for immediate citizenship in the 14th Amendment. That’s how slaves and slave children were allowed to be citizens and eventually free citizens. It’ll never happen. 

There’s a couple more on there that seem a little exorbitant. Unless, of course, you think that a simple public intoxication offense should ban one from becoming naturalized for life. 

I do understand that it would require an amendment.  Slave children are no longer a consideration.  We need to eliminate the scenario where someone is illegal, but then has a baby that immediately becomes legal, necessitating them staying in the country to care for the newborn legal citizen.  

i agree to an extent on the second point, I just didn’t want to go through and list every crime that I thought would qualify.  Super minor stuff isn’t an issue to me.  I was going to say anything worse than a class C misdemeanor, but there’s a couple that seem somewhat serious to me, depending on the circumstances.  So I guess i should’ve went with “most crimes more serious than a traffic violation.”

10 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I do understand that it would require an amendment.  Slave children are no longer a consideration.  We need to eliminate the scenario where someone is illegal, but then has a baby that immediately becomes legal, necessitating them staying in the country to care for the newborn legal citizen.  

i agree to an extent on the second point, I just didn’t want to go through and list every crime that I thought would qualify.  Super minor stuff isn’t an issue to me.  I was going to say anything worse than a class C misdemeanor, but there’s a couple that seem somewhat serious to me, depending on the circumstances.  So I guess i should’ve went with “most crimes more serious than a traffic violation.”

I’m not in total disagreement with some of your points. I just think that some are a little harsh, and also it’s more of a wish list because neither side will ever get on board with probably any of the points above. 

1. 100% agree

2. Good idea maybe, but not feasible 

3. We already discussed. Maybe need to redefine offenses. Also, saying “never” is a difficult stance to take. If a person that just came into the country steals a loaf of bread to feed his wife and kids while he is working his butt off but hasn’t gotten paid yet, I’m not ready to totally cut him off.

4. This would necessitate an extension to the military person’s family, as well. If a person agrees to the 4 year stint in the service, his family would have to be allowed immediate citizenship too. 

5. This is good in theory, but many of the people could be a benefit to our country given the chance. By and large, the vast, majority are coming over here for the opportunity to better their lives financially. I’m not saying they should be allowed perpetual welfare (like many current citizens in this country already abuse), but perhaps they could have a limit of benefits.

6. I actually agree. I just think that it will never come to fruition since it would require a constitutional amendment. 

19 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I understand people feeling like this. My problem is that they are not coming here to be “Americans”. Lots still tote the flag of the country they are “fleeing”. Must not be too oppressed. Most are coming here for the free ride off our tax dollars. They all look well fed and clothed. They have no respect for our borders and are invaders. Anyone who thinks differently, I don’t know how better to explain it. I’m not a cruel person. I have sympathy when it is deserved. Trouble is, too many try and play on those sympathies. 

23 minutes ago, baddog said:

I understand people feeling like this. My problem is that they are not coming here to be “Americans”. Lots still tote the flag of the country they are “fleeing”. Must not be too oppressed. Most are coming here for the free ride off our tax dollars. They all look well fed and clothed. They have no respect for our borders and are invaders. Anyone who thinks differently, I don’t know how better to explain it. I’m not a cruel person. I have sympathy when it is deserved. Trouble is, too many try and play on those sympathies. 

I am all for lawful entry into the U.S. It is the only way. Yes, they are invaders.

However, I don’t think they’re coming over for a free ride, necessarily. A HUGE amount of the workforce in border areas are immigrants. The company I work for (industrial construction - refineries, chemical plants, etc) has a workforce that is close to 35% Hispanic. Many of them come from the valley in Texas to seek work to make a better life. I think we have waaay more free ride seekers that are citizens than the illegals that have come to work. 

In their situation, I would do the same. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I am all for lawful entry into the U.S. It is the only way. Yes, they are invaders.

However, I don’t think they’re coming over for a free ride, necessarily. A HUGE amount of the workforce in border areas are immigrants. The company I work for (industrial construction - refineries, chemical plants, etc) has a workforce that is close to 35% Hispanic. Many of them come from the valley in Texas to seek work to make a better life. I think we have waaay more free ride seekers that are citizens than the illegals that have come to work. 

In their situation, I would do the same. 

So you would break the law on the books and screw the people going through the immigration process legally on top of screwing the American Taxpayer because you think you’re entitled to do that? How Awesome is that? 

Try crossing the border illegally in North Korea and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

1. So you would break the law on the books and screw the people going through the immigration process legally on top of 2. screwing the American Taxpayer because you think you’re entitled to do that? How Awesome is that? 

Try crossing the border illegally in North Korea and see what happens. 

1. Would I break the law to help my family rise out of squalor? You’re damn right. 
2. Screw the taxpayer how, if I’m working? It’s not that I would feel entitled. It’s that I would do whatever it takes for my wife and kids.

If you would read my posts instead of just reacting to a trigger, you would understand that I’m 100% for a legal immigration process. I’m just saying that if it comes to going against an immigration system to provide something other than poverty for my kids, I’m in. You would do the same. 

I don’t know awesome it is, but I would do it in a heartbeat. 

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

1. Would I break the law to help my family rise out of squalor? You’re damn right. 
2. Screw the taxpayer how, if I’m working? It’s not that I would feel entitled. It’s that I would do whatever it takes for my wife and kids.

If you would read my posts instead of just reacting to a trigger, you would understand that I’m 100% for a legal immigration process. I’m just saying that if it comes to going against an immigration system to provide something other than poverty for my kids, I’m in. You would do the same. 

I don’t know awesome it is, but I would do it in a heartbeat. 

If you were in El Paso right now or other border towns that are being overrun with illegal aliens to the point where people that live there can’t even go about their daily lives because of the danger on top of running out of resources I think you would think differently. You say that right now because it’s not on your doorstep.

I believe you’re the one that’s triggered. Lol. I am just posting reality. Sorry if you can’t handle it. Either we are a nation of laws or we aren’t. You can’t have it both ways. 

8 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

If you were in El Paso right now or other border towns that are being overrun with illegal aliens to the point where people that live there can’t even go about their daily lives because of the danger on top of running out of resources I think you would think differently. You say that right now because it’s not on your doorstep.

I believe you’re the one that’s triggered. Lol. I am just posting reality. Sorry if you can’t handle it. Either we are a nation of laws or we aren’t. You can’t have it both ways. 

I’m just telling it like it is. If I have to break immigration law to feed my child, then that’s what I’ll do. I was born in San Diego and have lived in El Paso. I hunt in Sanderson where I see just as many border patrol as I do deer. Our camp has been broken into countless times by illegals. It has been at my doorstep. I get it. It’s wrong. I’m just telling you that if I had to sneak into the US to find work to feed my family, then that’s what I would do. I’m not making excuses. I would be illegal. But I would still do it. And that’s reality. 

by the way, we leave a rack with canned goods on it outside at our camp and some old clothes we don’t use anymore. The camp is never broken into anymore.

37 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m just telling it like it is. If I have to break immigration law to feed my child, then that’s what I’ll do. I was born in San Diego and have lived in El Paso. I hunt in Sanderson where I see just as many border patrol as I do deer. Our camp has been broken into countless times by illegals. It has been at my doorstep. I get it. It’s wrong. I’m just telling you that if I had to sneak into the US to find work to feed my family, then that’s what I would do. I’m not making excuses. I would be illegal. But I would still do it.

BS …it’s not on your doorstep in the magnitude that it’s at right now. Good for you for living in El Paso at one point in your life. I too was stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso when I was in the military But this 💩 wasn’t going on. What about the people that live in these towns that are trying to feed their kids and keep them safe. You should be embarrassed to say you know what these people are dealing with on a daily basis because you’re lying out of your teeth by saying so. These last couple of years have been a nightmare for people that live on the border. 

Wow…they walked through your deer lease. Well I hope they were wearing deer urine so they didn’t mess up y’all’s hunt. What about hundreds of them walking through your neighborhood with your kids and wife out side taking a nice walk around the block? Good Grief!

30 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

BS …it’s not on your doorstep in the magnitude that it’s at right now. Good for you for living in El Paso at one point in your life. I too was stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso when I was in the military But this 💩 wasn’t going on. What about the people that live in these towns that are trying to feed their kids and keep them safe. You should be embarrassed to say you know what these people are dealing with on a daily basis because you’re lying out of your teeth by saying so. These last couple of years have been a nightmare for people that live on the border. 

Wow…they walked through your deer lease. What about hundreds of them walking through your neighborhood with your kids and wife out side taking a nice walk around the block? Good Grief!

You’re silly. I’m telling you what I would do to save my family. I don’t care whose “doorstep” (figuratively speaking) I have to cross. Hence, they probably would too. I’m not saying it’s right. I’m saying it’s wrong. I’m just letting you know that this problem is going to exist ad infinitum until it is addressed. 
‘Merica. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re silly. I’m telling you what I would do to save my family. I don’t care whose “doorstep” (figuratively speaking) I have to cross. Hence, they probably would too. I’m not saying it’s right. I’m saying it’s wrong. I’m just letting you know that this problem is going to exist ad infinitum until it is addressed. 

Ok, keep digging. Lol

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Keep digging?

I guess you’re a fool if you think people will not go to extreme measures to feed their kids. 

Yeah I guess all of their countries just ran out of food. You’re the fool for comparing illegals walking through your deer lease to what people are dealing with daily in border towns for the last couple of years. Hopefully they were wearing deer urine so they didn’t mess up y’all’s hunt. Lol

Well go back to being an imaginary illegal trying to feed his family because their country all of sudden ran out of food.

Just now, SmashMouth said:

Keep digging?

17 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Yeah I guess all of their countries just ran out of food. You’re the fool for comparing illegals walking through your deer lease to what people are dealing with daily in border towns for the last couple of years. Hopefully they were wearing deer urine so they didn’t mess up y’all’s hunt. Lol

Well go back to being an imaginary illegal trying to feed his family because their country all of sudden ran out of food.

You don’t get it. God help you. 

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You don’t get it. God help you. 

Thank you, God does help me. Just giving you a hard time. Lol

I get some of it but what’s going at our border is an intentional disaster.

You just made some bad comparisons. Lol