Bernie Sanders: Confiscate Wealth Above $1 Billion!

Reagan

2 hours ago, baddog said:

The professor on “ Back to the Future”? He’s just angry because he is only a millionaire. What a putz. 

Making sure he doesn’t have to pay more.  Wonder if he uses the same loopholes in the tax code that Trump uses?  Answer, you bet he does, but all liberals think Trump doesn’t pay his fair share.

23 hours ago, Reagan said:

He says anything above $1 Billion should go to the government.  Why go there?!  

This is the hidden content, please

@Big girl @UT alum @DonTheCon2024 @Boyz N Da Hood    What say you?!

Bernie did a lousy job of getting a point across.  His argument, led somewhat by Wallace’s questioning, confused income with wealth.  He wants a progressive rather than regressive income tax. I haven’t heard of anyone earning a billion a year.  But his argument seemed more focused on the wealth gap, not the income gap. Estate tax manages the wealth gap. I got no problem with maxing inheritances at a billion. 

10 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Bernie did a lousy job of getting a point across.  His argument, led somewhat by Wallace’s questioning, confused income with wealth.  He wants a progressive rather than regressive income tax. I haven’t heard of anyone earning a billion a year.  But his argument seemed more focused on the wealth gap, not the income gap. Estate tax manages the wealth gap. I got no problem with maxing inheritances at a billion. 

That’s because you’re not a billionaire.

On 5/2/2023 at 3:55 PM, UT alum said:

I favor a progressive income tax, but something is bad wrong when the upper tax brackets are over 50% (on those who actually pay taxes on their income).  

We pay property taxes on things we own... but we don't pay sales taxes on our real property when it's purchased.  Morally I have a problem with paying tax on income as it accumulates, but then having to cede most of it when I pass, also.  It's always the have-nots who think nobody else should be doing any better than them.   

Neither the state, nor the general public have any right to my estate in front of my heirs.... and to state "well, they should cap that... we deserve that inheritance, not that man's family" just doesn't ring true in a free society.  The idea that my kids will have to sell off  land that's been in my family since the 1800s just to pay off an inheritance tax is preposterous.  Or at least it used to be.