2023 Astros - Defending WS Champs

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Astros being aired on espn. Not crazy about that because of their woke crap, but I guess I’ll tune in. Guess they couldn’t get a Yankee/Red Sox game. 😂 

I can't stand the national broadcasts either. I usually watch the video and listen to the Astros radio broadcast even though it is not in sync.

….and the defending World Series Champions end their road trip with a 6-3 record. Alvarez and Altuve may both be healthy for the next series. Astro have been doing very well. I’d like to see any other team lose two starting pitchers, their All Star second baseman/leadoff hitter and spark plug, plus the best player in baseball and still hold steady. What an amazing team this really is. So fun to watch.

On 7/23/2023 at 6:16 PM, baddog said:

….and the defending World Series Champions end their road trip with a 6-3 record. Alvarez and Altuve may both be healthy for the next series. Astro have been doing very well. I’d like to see any other team lose two starting pitchers, their All Star second baseman/leadoff hitter and spark plug, plus the best player in baseball and still hold steady. What an amazing team this really is. So fun to watch.

Nice win tonight. Still too many questionable lineup decisions by Dusty. Hopefully some of this chaos will end when we get our other starters healthy again.

4 hours ago, snakehead26 said:

Nice win tonight. Still too many questionable lineup decisions by Dusty. Hopefully some of this chaos will end when we get our other starters healthy again.

McCormick was definitely the star of this game. Need to hold their runs down a bit, but they have been scoring at a record pace. You are correct….. nice win for sure. 

Astros hang on to win 4-3. Only one game out of first now.

Great pitching performance again by France. He's probably been our second best pitcher this season. Chas and Tucker continue to hit well. Tucker with a great catch for the final out of the game.

Hearing we may get some of our injured players called up tomorrow.

Astros are playing 1 good game followed by 2 bad games as of today. They are getting any timely hits and the pitching staff is struggling They keep pitching Bielak, Maton, Montero,and Gonzales. These pitchers can’t get the job done. They need to trade for a decent pitcher The way they are playing right now leads me to believe that they won’t make the playoffs this year unless they can turn it around in August and September 

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

Astros are playing 1 good game followed by 2 bad games as of today. They are getting any timely hits and the pitching staff is struggling They keep pitching Bielak, Maton, Montero,and Gonzales. These pitchers can’t get the job done. They need to trade for a decent pitcher The way they are playing right now leads me to believe that they won’t make the playoffs this year unless they can turn it around in August and September 

They can continue to play this way and still make playoffs. Right now they would be the #5 seed and only 1 game back of division leading Arlington.

I'm ready to bet you any amount of money that Astros make playoffs.

3 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Are you sure they are playing good enough to make the playoffs as of right now, because their pitching staff is doing some big time struggling 

Yep. The pitching has been about like this all season. Astros real problem has been scoring runs. That is starting to improve with the lineup getting healthy.

Astros are currently 2nd in the American League with a 3.82 ERA. Only trail Tampa Bay.

Astros are currently 7th in the American League in batting with a .250 team batting average and 6th in runs scored.

Also, the other teams in the league that are currently behind Houston is really no threat. I also think Astros will catch Arlington and win the division.