Orangefield 82 Kountze 56/FINAL

I am formally BleedOrange on here and have not comment since 2008, of course that was when my daughter graduated. I really enjoy and appreciate the job you guys do on this website. I like being able to get the scores and they are usually posted the night of, that being said I went to watch Orangefield varsity last night in any sport for the first time since 2009. I was impressed, these kids have skills and moved the ball around well. I go watch my grandkids now and they have some talent coming up. Don't know about the girls but the future looks bright for the boys in basketball. No we will probably never beat silsbee. LOL!!!!!!  

My grandson is on the seventh grade team and they only lost one game this year and that was to a 5A school. On another note, someone posted on another thread that EC has a lot of move ins, transfers or whatever. I don’t believe that to be true, see Winnie is like Newton and WOS. Nobody moves out, I recognize last names from 42 years ago. 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Riding Solo said:

My grandson is on the seventh grade team and they only lost one game this year and that was to a 5A school. On another note, someone posted on another thread that EC has a lot of move ins, transfers or whatever. I don’t believe that to be true, see Winnie is like Newton and WOS. Nobody moves out, I recognize last names from 42 years ago. 🤣🤣🤣

You would recognize a few of them from Beaumont too 😂😂

3 hours ago, Riding Solo said:

I am formally BleedOrange on here and have not comment since 2008, of course that was when my daughter graduated. I really enjoy and appreciate the job you guys do on this website. I like being able to get the scores and they are usually posted the night of, that being said I went to watch Orangefield varsity last night in any sport for the first time since 2009. I was impressed, these kids have skills and moved the ball around well. I go watch my grandkids now and they have some talent coming up. Don't know about the girls but the future looks bright for the boys in basketball. No we will probably never beat silsbee. LOL!!!!!!  

WELCOME BACK KL! 
I posted somewhere about the 7th graders, they seem really really good. 

On 2/14/2023 at 12:43 PM, Knox34 said:

Hasn’t sells put up 40 several times. To me he screams offensive player of the year 

He has put up 40 x 2.  And has averaged 30.  And he as a sophomore led Kountze to be the only district team to beat EC,  was in EC and hit the game winner.  And w/o Sells , Kountze would not be in a play in game , or close.  Only starter from last year and leads a non senior team.     

I will also say, watching this season. Ragusa and Perrault are also top tier.  Ragusa would get my nod over Perrault.  Only seeing Orangefield twice,  the freshman is talented but that team dropped from 4A. Finished 2nd ?  And Senior heavy.  They should be as good as they are.   Great district.  Can’t wait for next year too.  

7 hours ago, mfd814 said:

He has put up 40 x 2.  And has averaged 30.  And he as a sophomore led Kountze to be the only district team to beat EC,  was in EC and hit the game winner.  And w/o Sells , Kountze would not be in a play in game , or close.  Only starter from last year and leads a non senior team.     

No offense to any of the other players on Kountze but without Sells they don’t win too many games this year. I agree

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

No offense to any of the other players on Kountze but without Sells they don’t win too many games this year. I agree

Yes,  he does have some help.  But it would be difficult to replace 30 points a night w/o him.  When he has had an off shooting night teammates have shown up.  

11 hours ago, mfd814 said:

I think Kountze would be affected the most without Sells, then OF without Ragusa, then Perrault.  But with the other two being seniors, Sells will be the favorite the next two years.