More screwball leftist logic

Eagle11

6 minutes ago, Eagle11 said:

"What one generation tolerates the next will embrace"..........

True story... I  can remember my mom refusing to let us watch Three's Company when I was kid because Jack Tripper "pretended" to be gay so he could live with the girls.  She said something like "first they get you to laugh at it, then it's acceptable."  

My views are a lot more moderate on the subject than hers were.  I'm a live and let live kind of person.  But as I watch the Alphabet Mafia force drag queen shows on kids in some areas and people being labeled hateful for saying "you know, the Bible DOES say it's wrong" or refusing to wear a pride jersey (in this case), I think my poor old mama might have been partially right.  

Somewhere between her stance back then and where we are today is where we should have stopped on the LGBTQ issues.  

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

True story... I  can remember my mom refusing to let us watch Three's Company when I was kid because Jack Tripper "pretended" to be gay so he could live with the girls.  She said something like "first they get you to laugh at it, then it's acceptable."  

My views are a lot more moderate on the subject than hers were.  I'm a live and let live kind of person.  But as I watch the Alphabet Mafia force drag queen shows on kids in some areas and people being labeled hateful for saying "you know, the Bible DOES say it's wrong" or refusing to wear a pride jersey (in this case), I think my poor old mama might have been partially right.  

Somewhere between her stance back then and where we are today is where we should have stopped on the LGBTQ issues.  

On this, I wholeheartedly agree.

I remember my folks and grandparents just outraged at some of the shows on tv in my younger days.

42 minutes ago, Eagle11 said:

On this, I wholeheartedly agree.

I remember my folks and grandparents just outraged at some of the shows on tv in my younger days.

I think that's what bugs me the most.... While I believe it's sinful for ME to participate in those activities, that's about as far as my opinion needs to go.   I've never heard a good reason why a gay couple shouldn't be allowed to get married.  I think it's perfectly acceptable for me to think something is wrong without feeling the need to make sure that everybody else has to abide by my beliefs and standards.  

But it's just gone too far when a person is labeled as "hateful" or "homophobic" not because of their actions, but for refusing to embrace the new norm.  

FWIW, those people who embrace "story time with a drag queen" at the local library wouldn't be very accepting of me teaching their kids about Leviticus.  You teach your kids and I'll teach mine, and we'll just leave the schools out of it.... how's that sound?

47 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think that's what bugs me the most.... While I believe it's sinful for ME to participate in those activities, that's about as far as my opinion needs to go.   I've never heard a good reason why a gay couple shouldn't be allowed to get married.  I think it's perfectly acceptable for me to think something is wrong without feeling the need to make sure that everybody else has to abide by my beliefs and standards.  

But it's just gone too far when a person is labeled as "hateful" or "homophobic" not because of their actions, but for refusing to embrace the new norm.  

When I was younger all I heard from the gay community whether in the newspapers or tv was "we just want to be accepted, that is all". Once that happened, that was not enough and then here we are. If you don't acknowledge and protest and join in all their causes you are a homophobe.