West Brook vs. Clements Predictions?..SETXSPORTS WILL BROADCAST THIS GAME!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WBFan09

i refuse to make any more predictions...it is time for the players to speak for themselves...i will comment on Clements though

they have ran the ball 420 times and passed 75 times...im expecting better things from the Bruins next time...they will deliver no doubt but we just need to get prepared for whatever they throw at us

I hate to say it guys, but we're done next week! Today's game shouldn't have near as close as the score indicated. Our boys, while they won, played like crap from the opening whistle. Penalties killed several long running plays by Christian Michael. The point is, we're letting the opposition rule the game the first two and a half quarters. Then we finally decide to start playing our game about midway through the third. To be honest, I thought we were gonna lose today. The way we played in the first half today, we should have lost. We cannot continue to spot our opponents two or three TD's and then expect to come back and win the game. If we do that next week against Clements, we are gonna be done......like a Thanksgiving turkey. If we come out ready to play, I think we can hang with them. The further we get in the playoffs, the better the teams are gonna be. They are gonna be able to exploit our weaknesses and.....beat us! I dont know what to say.......maybe we can beat Clements, but realistically I say nope! Just based on what I saw today!

Guest WBFan09

I hate to say it guys, but we're done next week! Today's game shouldn't have near as close as the score indicated. Our boys, while they won, played like crap from the opening whistle. Penalties killed several long running plays by Christian Michael. The point is, we're letting the opposition rule the game the first two and a half quarters. Then we finally decide to start playing our game about midway through the third. To be honest, I thought we were gonna lose today. The way we played in the first half today, we should have lost. We cannot continue to spot our opponents two or three TD's and then expect to come back and win the game. If we do that next week against Clements, we are gonna be done......like a Thanksgiving turkey. If we come out ready to play, I think we can hang with them. The further we get in the playoffs, the better the teams are gonna be. They are gonna be able to exploit our weaknesses and.....beat us! I dont know what to say.......maybe we can beat Clements, but realistically I say nope! Just based on what I saw today!

82 it will be alright we came out flat but you are judging everything we have done this year off this one game which isnt a good idea...come out next week and BELIEVE we can do it...we will be able to beat Clements yes we made mistakes but we can and will fix them... next week will be a good week for us...PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE need to work on our discipline with all the penalties...Coop we need you to make sure it doesnt rain...we will be fine 82..BELIEVE...

thanks to all the fans from other schools who came out...Lumberton i saw a lot of yall so special thanks to yall

......yes, I did see alot of Lumberton blue and thanks for coming out and supporting the Bruins. Maybe you're right 09, maybe we can give Clements a better game than we gave SoHo today. If we're gonna do that, we're gonna have to get our pass coverage better. WE GOT NO PASS DEFENSE!!!!!!!! I've been saying it all year. We are not gonna be considered a true state contender until we are able to stop the pass like we stop the run. If Clements runs the ball as much as you say, then we might have a chance......but the minute they throw the ball, we're in trouble. We got lucky today, plain and simple! We're actually gonna have to win a game instead of relying on luck to get us through.

Guest WeedBegone

Slow down fellers.  WB did what it took and brought home the bi-district championship.  SOHO played hard and really wanted it for 3 quarters.  But we made the best adjustments. 

As far as pass defense--hats off to their QB--he was slippery and and was able to run around long enough to allow receivers to get open.  If we stayed with the receivers too long then he was a viable threat on the run.  Tough to defend on a guy like that.  The DE's had difficulty keeping him inside and he juked them several times.  Lots of his success was the inability to keep him contained.  A tough job all around.

As far as PRACTICE x 3--i have a different perspective.  I know how hard these guys work--and it may just be the opposite they need.  They looked very tired and worn out from the start.  Players gettin up slowly could be a sign of wear and tear on the long season.  Maybe some less contact this week is what a good doctor would order.  If you notice--once the soreness got out and the game was on the line---it was SOHO that ran out of gas.  Defense had too much time on the field however due to some costly turn overs and costly penalties.

I refuse to give up on the heart of this team--they are 10-1 which only a few teams in the state could say.  And the 1 loss can be said to a bad game with some bad calls to another decent team that is also still in the race.  Speaking of Bad call---I wonder if the SOHO offensive line plan on giving our players their jerseys back after all the holding they did in the first half.  The held us the entire scoring drive they had.

So, my good friends, please reconsider and make the necessary adjustments needed to get your fires burning again.  They looked at the stands and never really let us down.

Bruinpride--great bus ride wasn't it.  I was on the field and watched almost 95% of the WB fans participating in the school song and Paw Power (Russian Christmas for you music appreciation folks).

They heard you loud and clear.  Keep posting--i believe i can see the difference.

Thats my short version folks.  SOHO--good luck and no hard feelings I hope. They played well and brave but the Big Bear got its prey.

The further along in the playoffs you go, the more that the oposition will exploit your weekness.  In Brooks case the pass defense...

Now as far as Clements is concerned, I noticed they beat Katy 7 lakes by 1 point.  7 lakes is like a second year school with no seniors on the squad I believe.  That lets me know that they are due for another bad game, because I know 7 lakes arn't good.

Slow down fellers.  WB did what it took and brought home the bi-district championship.  SOHO played hard and really wanted it for 3 quarters.  But we made the best adjustments. 

As far as pass defense--hats off to their QB--he was slippery and and was able to run around long enough to allow receivers to get open.  If we stayed with the receivers too long then he was a viable threat on the run.  Tough to defend on a guy like that.  The DE's had difficulty keeping him inside and he juked them several times.  Lots of his success was the inability to keep him contained.  A tough job all around.

As far as PRACTICE x 3--i have a different perspective.  I know how hard these guys work--and it may just be the opposite they need.  They looked very tired and worn out from the start.  Players gettin up slowly could be a sign of wear and tear on the long season.  Maybe some less contact this week is what a good doctor would order.  If you notice--once the soreness got out and the game was on the line---it was SOHO that ran out of gas.  Defense had too much time on the field however due to some costly turn overs and costly penalties.

I refuse to give up on the heart of this team--they are 10-1 which only a few teams in the state could say.  And the 1 loss can be said to a bad game with some bad calls to another decent team that is also still in the race.  Speaking of Bad call---I wonder if the SOHO offensive line plan on giving our players their jerseys back after all the holding they did in the first half.  The held us the entire scoring drive they had.So, my good friends, please reconsider and make the necessary adjustments needed to get your fires burning again.  They looked at the stands and never really let us down.

Bruinpride--great bus ride wasn't it.  I was on the field and watched almost 95% of the WB fans participating in the school son and Paw Power (Russian Christmas for you music appreciation folks).

They heard you loud and clear.  Keep posting--i believe i can see the difference.

Thats my short version folks.  SOHO--good luck and no hard feelings I hope. They played well and brave but the Big Bear got its prey.

I was told they held the whole game!

I appriciate music.  Russian Christmas allways gets you fired up!

82 it will be alright we came out flat but you are judging everything we have done this year off this one game which isnt a good idea...come out next week and BELIEVE we can do it...we will be able to beat Clements yes we made mistakes but we can and will fix them... next week will be a good week for us...PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE need to work on our discipline with all the penalties...Coop we need you to make sure it doesnt rain...we will be fine 82..BELIEVE...

thanks to all the fans from other schools who came out...Lumberton i saw a lot of yall so special thanks to yall

Yes, thanks to the other school fans for coming out to the game

I refuse to give up on the heart of this team--they are 10-1 which only a few teams in the state could say.  And the 1 loss can be said to a bad game with some bad calls to another decent team that is also still in the race.  Speaking of Bad call---I wonder if the SOHO offensive line plan on giving our players their jerseys back after all the holding they did in the first half.  The held us the entire scoring drive they had.

So, my good friends, please reconsider and make the necessary adjustments needed to get your fires burning again.  They looked at the stands and never really let us down.

Bruinpride--great bus ride wasn't it.  I was on the field and watched almost 95% of the WB fans participating in the school son and Paw Power (Russian Christmas for you music appreciation folks).

Weed, I can appreciate your post, BUT in order for us to win another game we are gonna have to play four quarter football......which is something we have yet to do this season. I sincerely hope we can pull off the victory next Saturday and I'm not jumping off the train, but realistically I think it's gonna be tough for us to win!

Weed, I can appreciate your post, BUT in order for us to win another game we are gonna have to play four quarter football......which is something we have yet to do this season. I sincerely hope we can pull off the victory next Saturday and I'm not jumping off the train, but realistically I think it's gonna be tough for us to win!

Your right.  When you called me and was telling me those scores, I was thinking the same thing.  But I have faith in Stump and he will make the necessary adjustments and Brook will win convincingly and we'll stop being sceptical (sp).

Damn, you would think we lost if you look at some of these post.  Our offense pretty much scored at will and our defense played opportunistic.  They got it done when they needed to.  Clements QB doesnt pose nearly the threat that SoHo's QB did.  If we stop their running game we win period.  Milton Howell is a hell of an athlete and he made plays to keep his team in the game.

this is a free opinion and that's probably what it is worth.  It seems to me we need some type of nickle package to counter these 5 receiver sets that we see when the other team decides it can't run the ball.

Too often, we have men locked in single coverage with no help over the top.  Why can't Garrett ,Grant or even Powdrill  come in and play some  defense.  Those guys know how to break on the ball, something that seems missing in the current defensive set.

dang, you would think we lost if you look at some of these post.  Our offense pretty much scored at will and our defense played opportunistic.  They got it done when they needed to.  Clements QB doesnt pose nearly the threat that SoHo's QB did.  If we stop their running game we win period.  Milton Howell is a heck of an athlete and he made plays to keep his team in the game.

yes, their QB is definitely Division 1 material.....he reminds me alot of Chip Ambres!

i hate to say it, but WB might be done.  They're going to have to really pick it up to compete next week.  Looking at Clements stats, they appear to be able to pass and run, so the D is going to have to step up. On a positive note, they didn't have a lot of blowout wins, and they were 5 points from being 8-3 instead of 11-0, so they are beatable.

I agree with 82 that we're going to have to play all 4 quarters if we want to beat Clements.  They're going to give us a run for our money, and we can't keep hoping to get lucky every week.  The rain and wet turf did definitely slow us down, but towards the end the players seem to adapt to it.

I also thought it was amazing when I got on the field for half time at how big our crowd was in comparison to SoHo's crowd.  They were loud, but there sure weren't many of them.  Their crowd seemed louder than their band....  Unfortunately, there were a lot of us, but not much noise (at least not at the level we were capable of).

The boys need to rest up, but they need to work on their passing defense just in case Clements decide to throw the ball on Saturday.  Let's give them a chance to work on it this week, and see what happens against the Rangers (fyi that's their mascot) on Saturday. 

In the end, we were a little nervous, but we came out victorious.  And that's what counts...right?

And thank Weed for the "extra security" on the band buses.  It helped keep some of that Trojan mess from getting on our buses.  ;)  Oh! And I hope everyone like our new half-time show.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics