In McCarthy Negotiations, GOP Landed On ‘Most Significant Win For Conservatives In A Decade’!

Reagan

Some of McCarthy's most crucial concessions:

1)  Motion to vacate the Chair

2)  Debt ceiling and spending cuts

3)  Committee assignments

4)  Vote on a border-security plan

5)  Vote on term-limit requirements

6)  Budget controls

Would like to hear from our friends here on the other side which one of these are bad?

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So if someone passes policy you agree 100% with, you still base your opinion on the person, not the policy?

Are you trying to defend McCarthy here?

Last week everyone hated him. Now I’m seeing a bunch of cope from people hoping to make themselves feel better about the latest GOP failure. 

I’ll be ok whether it’s team D or team R in office. Life goes on. It’s the uniparty, like you said. 

1 minute ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Are you trying to defend McCarthy here?

Last week everyone hated him. Now I’m seeing a bunch of cope from people hoping to make themselves feel better about the latest GOP failure. 

I’ll be ok whether it’s team D or team R in office. Life goes on. It’s the uniparty, like you said. 

This isn’t that’s hard, it’s just like Trump, I couldn’t stand the guy and only voted for him because he was last man standing.  He pushed some great policies which were good for the country and made me a fan of his policies, not a fan of the man.  Hopefully, the same thing happens with McCarthy, time will tell.

Pretty simple.

12 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This isn’t that’s hard, it’s just like Trump, I couldn’t stand the guy and only voted for him because he was last man standing.  He pushed some great policies which were good for the country and made me a fan of his policies, not a fan of the man.  Hopefully, the same thing happens with McCarthy, time will tell.

Pretty simple.

Yeah we know you love big spending, debt expansion, and free money interest rate policies.. old news.

Just another big ole hypocrite on this website.. dare I say, RINO. 

2 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Yeah we know you love big spending, debt expansion, and free money interest rate policies.. old news.

Just another big ole hypocrite on this website.. dare I say, RINO. 

You’re against big spending but defend democrats. Only a turd thinks like that. 

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

The House just approved its first bill: "repealing IRS funding."  WOW!!  This looks pretty conservative to me.  Also looks pretty  sensible and a pro-America agenda item!  The Dems were the ones that put this on the American people!

This is the hidden content, please

Looks like the holdout produced some valuable leverage, that seems to have been lost on the enlightened crowd.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Looks like the holdout produced some valuable leverage, that seems to have been lost on the enlightened crowd.

More coping 

GOP was going to do this anyway, but carry on with the cope and whatever you need to do to help you rationalize the GOP’s repeated daily failures

The bill itself - I do support 1000% 

9 hours ago, Reagan said:

The House just approved its first bill: "repealing IRS funding."  WOW!!  This looks pretty conservative to me.  Also looks pretty  sensible and a pro-America agenda item!  The Dems were the ones that put this on the American people!

This is the hidden content, please

How much of funding are they trying to repeal 

I believe the bill was to rescind  the previously passed $87 billion to hire new IRS agents.

It is irrelevant however, since the Senate will not take up the issue.

I believe it was Representative Jim Jordan, I saw a few days before the speaker was even elected, who said that the Republican led House was going to pass several single item bills. That means one issue and one bill. That also means not half a dozen riders like $1 million for a new art center in downtown NY.

So when the 2020 for elections roll around and the independent and undecided voters ask, what did you do in the last two years, the Republicans can list several bills that were attempted to be passed into law but they were stopped by the Democrat controlled  Senate.

Such as:

We passed a bill that would lower your taxes.

We passed a bill that would defund the IRS hiring new agents.

We passed a bill, requiring the closing the border.

We passed a bill……

Because the noncommitted and center voters are the ones who are going to decide the elections.