Hitchcock (36) vs Woodville (31) - FINAL

jdawg03

6 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Good win and Good luck next week 

Thanks,  we're going to need it against the undefeated and the defending state champs Franklin.  We've got to stop there running game and they will need to stop our passing game.

It took everything we had to win this one, those EAGLES never gave up.

I can honestly say, the coaches and OC blew this game!!! Woodville was 2 minutes away from winning. No adjustments made, and you are close to the opponents 10 yrd line going in to seal the deal, why are you in shotgun?? You had the lead and they had no timeouts!!!! SMHHHHHHH. That bad snap changed the whole course of the game. Vile whooped them allllllllllllll night!!! I just dont get it!!

So, now you see, the best team does not always win.    
The play the coach called had to be run out of the shotgun. QB may had went under Center and still fumbled.   
Do not blame the coach he did not snap the ball.  
quit your crying and do not get on the kids, I assure you they feel worse than you do.  
Good year Woodville, I assure you most of your fans are proud of you. 

8 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

So, now you see, the best team does not always win.    
The play the coach called had to be run out of the shotgun. QB may had went under Center and still fumbled.   
Do not blame the coach he did not snap the ball.  
quit your crying and do not get on the kids, I assure you they feel worse than you do.  
Good year Woodville, I assure you most of your fans are proud of you. 

Especially when your whole offense is basically run out shot gun 

1 hour ago, APanthers said:

Especially when your whole offense is basically run out shot gun 

We were supposed to be a multi set offense. You would think a multi set would include something where you line the QB under center. Especially in goal line and short yardage situations. We struggled with bad snaps from the start of the game because of the slick ball and turf I'm guessing. Coaches should've recognized that and made adjustments to prevent that from happening while trying to seal the game in the 4th quarter in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, longball24 said:

The same issues are present every year and are exposed in the second round, every year Before  you can solve a problem you have to find the common denominator. What is the common denominator. Cameron Yoe, Rockdale, Grandview, now Hitchcock. 

Seems like teams outside the SETX area. Maybe yall will get more games in non district from outside the area. I know yall played us this year and newton is a good team. Maybe try to find teams in the Houston, gulf coast, Centex, Brazos Valley areas.... yall had a good team this season

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Not true. They shut y’all down the entire 2nd half. The better team won. Good job Woodville. Keep it up. 

Yea you are right!!! We made no adjustments. Lost it in the end due to folding!! I dont care if we ran shotgun all yr, when you are that close get under center. That is pop warner and if the center and qb cant do that then something is wrong. I have no doubt they could of did that...smh.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:30 PM, lionpride08 said:

Seems like teams outside the SETX area. Maybe yall will get more games in non district from outside the area. I know yall played us this year and newton is a good team. Maybe try to find teams in the Houston, gulf coast, Centex, Brazos Valley areas.... yall had a good team this season

I agree... Playing the same old preseason opponents get you no where!! Who cares if we go in to district 2 and 4.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:05 PM, Setx fan said:

We were supposed to be a multi set offense. You would think a multi set would include something where you line the QB under center. Especially in goal line and short yardage situations. We struggled with bad snaps from the start of the game because of the slick ball and turf I'm guessing. Coaches should've recognized that and made adjustments to prevent that from happening while trying to seal the game in the 4th quarter in my opinion. 

In that moment as a coach you should recognize that...smh. Bad coaching!!! Hitchcock did when the got on the goal line!!