Trump Running in 2024

Hagar

8 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

If Trump wins the nomination then democrats will win the election, regardless of who they trot out, just like in the last election.  I'm praying that DeSantis runs and the Trump brigade realizes that DeSantis is Trump without the God complex and more conservative policy.  Yes the media has destroyed Trump over the past six years, and yes they've unfairly portrayed Biden in a different way.  That said, all the media had to do to destroy Trump is report the things he did and said.  Anyone watching the way he acted generally developed a well-founded dislike of the guy, even folks like myself who will vote for him next election as well if he wins the nomination.  I hope it doesn't come to that, and that the powers on the right will convince him to back out (unlikely since he thinks he's the king of all), or that he somehow loses the primary (I don't see this happening unless DeSantis runs, and then it's still a toss-up).  

I think that you're right, but i believe that if Trump gets beaten (as he needs to be) in the primary, his hardcore supporters (like the ones here) will not turn out to vote for the Republican nominee in the General Election.  

You'd best believe that there will be a big push for Democrats to vote Trump in the Republican primaries because they know he's an easy out in the general. 

"But did you see the size of the crowds at his rallies?"

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

I think that you're right, but i believe that if Trump gets beaten (as he needs to be) in the primary, his hardcore supporters (like the ones here) will not turn out to vote for the Republican nominee in the General Election.  

You'd best believe that there will be a big push for Democrats to vote Trump in the Republican primaries because they know he's an easy out in the general. 

Most of the hardcore Trumpers I know aren't stupid.  Given the choice between DeSantis and Biden pt. 2 or someone else, I think most of them will get out and vote for DeSantis.  The dems will also not benefit from people getting out and voting against DeSantis the way they did when the left mobilized and voted heavily against Trump rather than for Biden.

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

Most of the hardcore Trumpers I know aren't stupid.  Given the choice between DeSantis and Biden pt. 2 or someone else, I think most of them will get out and vote for DeSantis.  The dems will also not benefit from people getting out and voting against DeSantis the way they did when the left mobilized and voted heavily against Trump rather than for Biden.

First part I disagree.... a ton of them are Trump only.  They'll just be complaining that the 2024 primary was stolen by RINOs instead of the dems stealing the 2020 election. 

Very true about the second part, though... Desantis won't push people into voting for the other guy like Trump does. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

If Trump wins the nomination then democrats will win the election, regardless of who they trot out, just like in the last election.  I'm praying that DeSantis runs and the Trump brigade realizes that DeSantis is Trump without the God complex and more conservative policy.  Yes the media has destroyed Trump over the past six years, and yes they've unfairly portrayed Biden in a different way.  That said, all the media had to do to destroy Trump is report the things he did and said.  Anyone watching the way he acted generally developed a well-founded dislike of the guy, even folks like myself who will vote for him next election as well if he wins the nomination.  I hope it doesn't come to that, and that the powers on the right will convince him to back out (unlikely since he thinks he's the king of all), or that he somehow loses the primary (I don't see this happening unless DeSantis runs, and then it's still a toss-up).  

Good post. 

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Because you're smart enough to not put you feelings over results.  Not to beat this dead horse again but the folks that don't go to the trouble of figuring this out are the folks I am critical of.

I also know they aren't going anywhere and we'll get to a point where you won't be able to trot a conservative out that will appease these fools no matter how nice they are.

58 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Because you're smart enough to not put you feelings over results.  Not to beat this dead horse again but the folks that don't go to the trouble of figuring this out are the folks I am critical of.

I also know they aren't going anywhere and we'll get to a point where you won't be able to trot a conservative out that will appease these fools no matter how nice they are.

Pence seems to know exactly what to say to win moderates to Republicans in his recent interviews. 

Will Trumpetts vote for Pence if he were to win the nomination? 

On 11/15/2022 at 9:26 PM, Hagar said:

This is the hidden content, please

Was an outstanding President, but I’m not sure he’s the same Trump that was.  He may be giving the Dems 4 more years of control.  I really hate to hear this.  The hatred of him is beyond belief.  Fair, no, but it is what it is.

Politics is a fickle thing.  Desantis is hotter than a pistol.  The GOP would be wise to ride a real wave.  Just my 2 cents, which is probably worth less than 2 actual cents. 

On 11/16/2022 at 8:29 AM, Hagar said:

Y’all probably realize this but if he’s the nominee, yes I’ll vote for him.  I could never vote for a candidate/Party that hates America, Christians, guns, global unrest, open borders.  And we don’t need divisiveness in the Republican Party.  If we don’t start playing by the Democrats rules, we’ll be ruled by Democrats.

You forgot babies 😉

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Do you really think so?  Not so hypothetically, if Desantis runs, it will get nasty because that’s Trump’s schtick.  Regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he knows one speed and that’s hammer down.  So even if he creates disdain for his opponent(s) in the primary, you don’t think the hardcore Trumpers will show up to vote against Biden?  That seems hard for me to believe but maybe you’re right. 

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

Pence seems to know exactly what to say to win moderates to Republicans in his recent interviews. 

Will Trumpetts vote for Pence if he were to win the nomination? 

Will Beta Males like you continue to vote with your feelings an elect another Democrat?

No Trump worshippers on this forum, just people that vote policy and common sense over personal feelings. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Republicans, and hopefully all Americans know we can’t stomach four more years of a Democrat in charge.  They will turn out to rid the country of the disease that is killing America, that disease is Democrat control.

I’ll throw out a wild prediction to entertain those conspiracy theorist.

The dems plan will be to continue slinging mud at Trump for the next two years that includes more criminal accusations with no intent to go to trial or convict. The goal will  be to make him look as bad as possible but keep him in the race because he will be easy to beat.

The GOP will quietly, behind the scenes start plotting a criminal case against Trump so he can be convicted and ineligible to run. It will appear to be the dem’s fault and open the door for a new nominee without getting blood on their hands.

You heard it here first.

40 minutes ago, mat said:

I’ll throw out a wild prediction to entertain those conspiracy theorist.

The dems plan will be to continue slinging mud at Trump for the next two years that includes more criminal accusations with no intent to go to trial or convict. The goal will  be to make him look as bad as possible but keep him in the race because he will be easy to beat.

The GOP will quietly, behind the scenes start plotting a criminal case against Trump so he can be convicted and ineligible to run. It will appear to be the dem’s fault and open the door for a new nominee without getting blood on their hands.

You heard it here first.

This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I am planning on voting for him in the primaries.

8 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Without a doubt there are a lot of stupid voters out there.  That said, I think there are a lot of folks like me, who have strong views that go both ways.  You and I closely align on some things, but are miles apart on others.  At this stage in my life, I feel that A) many of the social views I feel strongly about have been addressed, and B ) things like the economy, taxes, and gun rights are at the top of my list when it comes to importance.  
i only make this point because I believe that there are plenty of voters who can make an informed vote in either direction, depending on which issues are most important to them at the time.  And in that scenario, when given a candidate on one side or the other that they completely can’t stand, they’ll simply vote the other direction if they think both sides are addressing issues that they strongly believe in. The reversal of Roe vs. Wade was also a huge player in these midterms.  Many swing voters who were going to vote based on the economy suddenly had another issue that they felt very strongly about.  I would’ve liked for the right to have waited until after the midterms to address this issue, as I think it likely played an even bigger role in their struggles at the polls than Trump did.  Abortion was the 2nd biggest current issue behind the economy among those polled, and it wasn’t an issue for republicans at all, since they’re happy where it stands.  This means that the right created an issue that negatively affected them in a massive way just a couple of months before the elections. I understand that the right wanted it done as quickly as possible, but the best way to keep it that way is to gain as much political control as possible, which they failed to do.