How Trump, Infighting, and Flawed Candidates Limited Republican Gains

bullets13

47 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I’m so glad the democrat candidates aren’t flawed, lol.

perfect example of what's wrong with the republican party right now.  show why they're not succeeding, and the response is "but, but, but, the democrats!"  The democrats are awful, their party is in disarray, and the republicans did everything possible to ensure that they didn't take advantage of that.  Wait until after the midterms to ban abortion, and keep a lid on Trump and the right makes massive gains.  Nah, lets just torpedo the midterms and then blame everything on the "stupid voters."

6 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

The good ole Washington Compost.

Trump has been dragging soft Republican Butts across the finish line in many races for the past 6 years. I find it hilarious to think other wise. To think that he’s going to win every race he endorses it not realistic. 

Don't you love it when a bunch of lib reporters come up with these unbiased articles?

🤣

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

perfect example of what's wrong with the republican party right now.  show why they're not succeeding, and the response is "but, but, but, the democrats!"

lol, you think because you posted the article it's accurate, lol.

Low information dependent voters are our problem, that you can't seem to grasp that is beyond me.

8 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol, you think because you posted the article it's accurate, lol.

Low information dependent voters are our problem, that you can't seem to grasp that is beyond me.

right.  the republicans shouldn't do what it takes to get the votes.  just blame the voters and talk about how stupid they are.  it's a brilliant concept, and seems to be working phenomenally well.

Just now, Reagan said:

Come on, bullets, an article written by the washington post!  What did you think they were going to say?!  LOL!!

well, what's your explanation as to why the republicans just sucked it up historically.  this article isn't saying anything that's not being said plenty of other places.

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

well, what's your explanation as to why the republicans just sucked it up historically.  this article isn't saying anything that's not being said plenty of other places.

I am waiting to give my analysis.  They are still counting votes in the West.  So far it's looking good for us.  

When people used to vote on Election Day falling behind in the last week meant you’d lose. No more. Democrats’ mastery of early ballot harvesting means if you surrender your lead once media coverage intensifies, or you have a disastrous debate, you’ve already banked your ballots.

This is especially true where very high concentrations of party-line Democrat voters are concentrated in a small geographic area, compared to a widely dispersed rural vote. What does a final poll showing GOP up 2 really mean if Dems already harvested the ballots they need to win?

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

right.  the republicans shouldn't do what it takes to get the votes.  just blame the voters and talk about how stupid they are.  it's a brilliant concept, and seems to be working phenomenally well.

It will not work well, the only thing that will get the votes of ignorant dependent voters are to promote ignorant dependent policies.

THAT'S what I've been saying, can't fix these voters with a smooth talker.

And I really don't want to be a part of a party that does "whatever it takes" to get the votes from these folks, that would only slow down the inevitable.

Mitch McConnell dumping $9 million into Alaska so pro-abortion RINO Lisa Murkowski could beat an America First Republican instead of spending it in Arizona for Blake Masters, whose race is going down to the wire, should be the nail in the coffin for his time as Leader.

Is that Trump’s fault too?

17 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So you place no blame on voters that vote to continue down the path biden has us on?

some, but when the republican party isn't providing quality candidates, and is kowtowing to the most conservative (votes already locked up) reaches of the party, most of the blame is better directed elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

some, but when the republican party isn't providing quality candidates, and is kowtowing to the most conservative (votes already locked up) reaches of the party, most of the blame is better directed elsewhere.

Tell me why the candidates aren't quality candidates.  Do you know anything more about them than they are linked to Trump?

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Tell me why the candidates aren't quality candidates.  Do you know anything more about them than they are linked to Trump?

You can start with eliminating anyone who's running on a "the election was stolen" mantra.  Of course, that's most of the candidates Trump has endorsed.  Do I really need to discuss why Herschel Walker and Mehmet Oz were poor choices?  A decent candidate in Pennsylvania would've been a cakewalk over the human potato, and the same goes in Georgia.  The fact that Walker made it to a runoff with all of the information that has come out about him shows just how easily a real candidate could've won that race against Warnock.  This pattern holds true in several other crucial races that the republicans lost.  Kari Lake is another terrible candidate.  From Republican to Independent to Democrat, and then back to Republican, going with whatever ship can take her the farthest.  Being "pretty hot for a politician" and willing to tout Trump's wildest claims clearly wasn't enough to make her a good candidate.  I guess we'll see how that race pans out, but it's not looking great.

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

You can start with eliminating anyone who's running on a "the election was stolen" mantra.  Of course, that's most of the candidates Trump has endorsed.  Do I really need to discuss why Herschel Walker and Mehmet Oz were poor choices?  A decent candidate in Pennsylvania would've been a cakewalk over the human potato, and the same goes in Georgia.  The fact that Walker made it to a runoff with all of the information that has come out about him shows just how easily a real candidate could've won that race against Warnock.  This pattern holds true in several other crucial races that the republicans lost.  

So explain to me why these enlightened voters that should get no blame could vote for Fetterman and Warnock?  Do I need to discuss why these folks are way poorer choices tah walker and Oz?

All I hear from you is how bad the Republican candidates are when the Democrat candidates are so much worse, just like Trump and Biden, no brainer, and that can't even be argued.

Usually you make fairly valid points  but your defense of these voters is wrong and the fix will never be to bend to the will of the these folks.  You are making this all about Trump when the problem is much more than that.  When Trump is out of the picture maybe you'll see it.

39 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So explain to me why these enlightened voters that should get no blame could vote for Fetterman and Warnock?  Do I need to discuss why these folks are way poorer choices tah walker and Oz?

All I hear from you is how bad the Republican candidates are when the Democrat candidates are so much worse, just like Trump and Biden, no brainer, and that can't even be argued.

Usually you make fairly valid points  but your defense of these voters is wrong and the fix will never be to bend to the will of the these folks.  You are making this all about Trump when the problem is much more than that.  When Trump is out of the picture maybe you'll see it.

How bad would a republican candidate have to be before you would vote for a democrat (no need to answer this)?  The point being that the quality of the candidate only goes so far, and is always going to be outweighed by policy.  It truly doesn't matter that bad democratic options are worse than the bad republican options in areas that are moderate or left-leaning, and vice versa in conservative areas.  here's the thing that republicans in ultra-red states always seem to ignore: in many states there is a very even split of republicans and democrats. in some states democrats have an advantage, but it's not insurmountable. in order to win those states, you have to actually provide a good option for moderates and apathetic democrats to vote for.  The candidate that you'd want representing you in Texas is a terrible choice to run in these races.  A terrible choice that is also associated with trump is even worse.  A quality candidate could've flipped Pennsylvania, but a Trump-backed TV doctor wasn't going to do it, even against someone like Fetterman.  That's just the political makeup of Pennsylvania at the current time. I think you're an intelligent person, and I respect your opinions.  That said, your continued insistence that the fault lies with the "low information voters" rather than with the republican party for failing to do what it takes to secure their votes is incorrect IMO.  Combine that with the inexplicable attack on abortion (not arguing right and wrong, just insanely stupid timing) just a few months before midterms, and the Republicans are lucky to have secured the meager gains they did.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

You can start with eliminating anyone who's running on a "the election was stolen" mantra.  Of course, that's most of the candidates Trump has endorsed.  Do I really need to discuss why Herschel Walker and Mehmet Oz were poor choices?  A decent candidate in Pennsylvania would've been a cakewalk over the human potato, and the same goes in Georgia.  The fact that Walker made it to a runoff with all of the information that has come out about him shows just how easily a real candidate could've won that race against Warnock.  This pattern holds true in several other crucial races that the republicans lost.  Kari Lake is another terrible candidate.  From Republican to Independent to Democrat, and then back to Republican, going with whatever ship can take her the farthest.  Being "pretty hot for a politician" and willing to tout Trump's wildest claims clearly wasn't enough to make her a good candidate.  I guess we'll see how that race pans out, but it's not looking great.

Hot Air. Keep trying to convince yourself.

43 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I don’t have to convince myself.  The red wave turning into the red ripple convinced me. 

Red states got redder, Blue states got bluer. Look at the turnout overall on republicans and democrats. Last I look 6 million more republicans showed up to vote than democrats.

You said Kari Lake is a bad candidate. What policies that she is pushing makes her a bad candidate compared to Katie Hobbs? 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

How bad would a republican candidate have to be before you would vote for a democrat (no need to answer this)?  The point being that the quality of the candidate only goes so far, and is always going to be outweighed by policy.  It truly doesn't matter that bad democratic options are worse than the bad republican options in areas that are moderate or left-leaning, and vice versa in conservative areas.  here's the thing that republicans in ultra-red states always seem to ignore: in many states there is a very even split of republicans and democrats. in some states democrats have an advantage, but it's not insurmountable. in order to win those states, you have to actually provide a good option for moderates and apathetic democrats to vote for.  The candidate that you'd want representing you in Texas is a terrible choice to run in these races.  A terrible choice that is also associated with trump is even worse.  A quality candidate could've flipped Pennsylvania, but a Trump-backed TV doctor wasn't going to do it, even against someone like Fetterman.  That's just the political makeup of Pennsylvania at the current time. I think you're an intelligent person, and I respect your opinions.  That said, your continued insistence that the fault lies with the "low information voters" rather than with the republican party for failing to do what it takes to secure their votes is incorrect IMO.  Combine that with the inexplicable attack on abortion (not arguing right and wrong, just insanely stupid timing) just a few months before midterms, and the Republicans are lucky to have secured the meager gains they did.  

I look at this very simplistically, it is incumbent on the voter to research enough to make a choice of candidate that will not harm or damage this country.  Many made that choice in biden without having a clue who they were choosing, that’s on them.

Voting is a great responsibility we are given and should be treated that way.

You make a poor choice, that’s on you.  We don’t seem to want to apply that at all anymore, my poor choice can be blamed on someone else.