How Trump, Infighting, and Flawed Candidates Limited Republican Gains

bullets13

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So explain to me why these enlightened voters that should get no blame could vote for Fetterman and Warnock?  Do I need to discuss why these folks are way poorer choices tah walker and Oz?

All I hear from you is how bad the Republican candidates are when the Democrat candidates are so much worse, just like Trump and Biden, no brainer, and that can't even be argued.

Usually you make fairly valid points  but your defense of these voters is wrong and the fix will never be to bend to the will of the these folks.  You are making this all about Trump when the problem is much more than that.  When Trump is out of the picture maybe you'll see it.

Yes please explain why you think Walker is the better candidate.

18 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I think Walker is the better candidate, I just don’t think he’s a good candidate.

Agree, you can get on Warnock’s site and see all his views, very left and big government.

Walker is definitely no smooth talker but we’ll see if his voting follows his rhetoric, that’s all I care about.

7 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree, you can get on Warnock’s site and see all his views, very left and big government.

Walker is definitely no smooth talker but we’ll see if his voting follows his rhetoric, that’s all I care about.

Exactly, His policies and following through with them is all that matters.

The guy was a Professional Football player and MMA fighter not a Professional Orator. He stepping up to serve the people of Georgia an I think he’ll do a good job imo. 

14 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

The guy was a Professional Football player and MMA fighter not a Professional Orator. He stepping up to serve the people of Georgia an I think he’ll do a good job imo. 

He was/is the Georgia Peach. He should wear his Georgia football jersey for those too young to have seen him. 

4 hours ago, Unwoke said:

So, what makes him qualified to be a Senator? This is not MMA.

7 hours ago, Big girl said:

So, what makes him qualified to be a Senator? This is not MMA.

BigGirl, think about this:  What politician was qualified to be a politician before they were a politician?  I know it sounds silly, but this is a true statement:  They weren't before they were!

Talking about the Walker race, what qualified warnock to be a Senator?  

11 hours ago, Reagan said:

BigGirl, think about this:  What politician was qualified to be a politician before they were a politician?  I know it sounds silly, but this is a true statement:  They weren't before they were!

Talking about the Walker race, what qualified warnock to be a Senator?  

You getting way over her head.  

I don’t feel like doing a lot of research but I kept an eye on the polls leading up to the election. A lot of predictions are based on trends from prior elections and not just raw data.

An example might be that the Democrat candidate got X% in the same poll (such as Gallup) in the last election. So maybe Gallup had the Democrat candidate up by 15% but he/she won by 10%. The Democrat candidate still won but the poll was skewed in favor of the Democrat. 

Let’s say that that same trend from the same poll showed the same bias but the last 4 elections. Generally speaking it would be easy to conclude that the polling company almost always overestimates the Democrats by 5%.

So if the same poll showed the Democrat up by 3% it would be an easy conclusion that the Republican might be ahead.

Polls in politics are like football polls. It is interesting but doesn’t count for anything other than discussion. Look at the coronation of Hillary Clinton that the Dems were so sure to win.

So if most major polls showed a trend toward the Republicans in this election,  considering prior comparison polls, did the Republicans underperform or were the opinion polls just wrong… or did a last minute lie tip the scales such as Biden and Clyburn saying that Democracy would end up like Nazi Germany…. with a majority of the public not even understanding what he was saying but it must be bad.

That leads to this thread and Trump. Trump was a hinderance to the Republicans!!

Or was he…..

No Republican incumbent senator lost. 

From what I have read, Trump gave Zeldin in NY his complete endorsement against Hochul. Hochul won so Trump hurt Zeldin?

In the 2018 NY governor’s race, Republican candidate got 36% of the vote in what is a very liberal state. In 2010 the Republican candidate got 33% and in 2014 they didn’t even hold a primary. In this election Zeldin got 47% of the vote.

Was it a repudiation of Trump or did the Trump endorsement give Zeldin a fighting chance. Let’s see, the last 3 NY gubernatorial elections for the Republicans resulted in 33%, no primary and 36%…. then 47% after a Trump endorsement. 

That is often the flaw in looking at one result without analyzing the cause of the result.  Hochul won so therefore Trump hurt Zeldin….

Hmmm….. I suppose if you ignore the prior two decades of Democratic wins by up to almost 2 to 1 margins. 

I guess the Democrat and anti Trump Republicans would have you believe that the Democrats are so bad that if Trump had stayed on the sidelines, the Republicans would have annihilated them. Perhaps that is true but for that conclusion you have to admit how very bad the Democrats are right now. 

6 hours ago, Big girl said:

Warnock is currently a Senator; therefore, he is more politically experienced. Walker is illiterate.

Not going to answer if you know for a fact that Walker is illiterate?  You are taking a play from biden’s book and flat out lying.  Why am I not surprised.  Following the Dim mantra, are you big girl?

6 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I don’t feel like doing a lot of research but I kept an eye on the polls leading up to the election. A lot of predictions are based on trends from prior elections and not just raw data.

An example might be that the Democrat candidate got X% in the same poll (such as Gallup) in the last election. So maybe Gallup had the Democrat candidate up by 15% but he/she won by 10%. The Democrat candidate still won but the poll was skewed in favor of the Democrat. 

Let’s say that that same trend from the same poll showed the same bias but the last 4 elections. Generally speaking it would be easy to conclude that the polling company almost always overestimates the Democrats by 5%.

So if the same poll showed the Democrat up by 3% it would be an easy conclusion that the Republican might be ahead.

Polls in politics are like football polls. It is interesting but doesn’t count for anything other than discussion. Look at the coronation of Hillary Clinton that the Dems were so sure to win.

So if most major polls showed a trend toward the Republicans in this election,  considering prior comparison polls, did the Republicans underperform or were the opinion polls just wrong… or did a last minute lie tip the scales such as Biden and Clyburn saying that Democracy would end up like Nazi Germany…. with a majority of the public not even understanding what he was saying but it must be bad.

That leads to this thread and Trump. Trump was a hinderance to the Republicans!!

Or was he…..

No Republican incumbent senator lost. 

From what I have read, Trump gave Zeldin in NY his complete endorsement against Hochul. Hochul won so Trump hurt Zeldin?

In the 2018 NY governor’s race, Republican candidate got 36% of the vote in what is a very liberal state. In 2010 the Republican candidate got 33% and in 2014 they didn’t even hold a primary. In this election Zeldin got 47% of the vote.

Was it a repudiation of Trump or did the Trump endorsement give Zeldin a fighting chance. Let’s see, the last 3 NY gubernatorial elections for the Republicans resulted in 33%, no primary and 36%…. then 47% after a Trump endorsement. 

That is often the flaw in looking at one result without analyzing the cause of the result.  Hochul won so therefore Trump hurt Zeldin….

Hmmm….. I suppose if you ignore the prior two decades of Democratic wins by up to almost 2 to 1 margins. 

I guess the Democrat and anti Trump Republicans would have you believe that the Democrats are so bad that if Trump had stayed on the sidelines, the Republicans would have annihilated them. Perhaps that is true but for that conclusion you have to admit how very bad the Democrats are right now. 

If one has TDS then, yes, it was Trump's fault.  But the blame lies with the Republican leadership.  That would be Mitch McConnell and Ronna McDaniel (head of the RNC).  

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

If one has TDS then, yes, it was Trump's fault.  But the blame lies with the Republican leadership.  That would be Mitch McConnell and Ronna McDaniel (head of the RNC).  

McConnell needs to retire, along with all the other 70-80 year old lawmakers, both sides.  They won’t because they are to busy lining their pocketbooks doing what is “best” for the American people.

On 11/12/2022 at 12:30 PM, Big girl said:

Warnock is currently a Senator; therefore, he is more politically experienced. Walker is illiterate.

High Crime, baby murderers, can’t define a woman, Afghanistan pullout, open borders(crime,drugs,death,terrorist,) BLM, defund police, CRT, parents are domestic terrorist, inflation, killed many jobs in the oil industry, Covid mess, trans crap, etc etc etc

or  an  Inexperienced OZ/walker.

the choice is obvious

experience holds no value or worth when said policies are detrimental to US citizens 

common sense