How Trump, Infighting, and Flawed Candidates Limited Republican Gains

bullets13

53 minutes ago, Big girl said:

It doesn't matter, they were pandemics.HIV was the most deadly. Covid-19 is easily spread, that is why we had shutdowns. I believe that Spanish flu pandemic in the 1900s caused shutdowns; as well. Dr Fauci was looking at trends.

West nile virus was an epidemic in the late 90's and mid 2000s

Influenza is a yearly pandemic. We don’t shut down for the flu and it kills tens of thousands. You haven’t Googled Fauci and gain of function yet, have you?

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Are you talking about the energy independence, lower taxes, low unemployment, build the wall, 3 conservative SCJ blueprint?

Or are you talking about the crass mean tweet blueprint?

I know which one carries more weight in the crowd you continuously make excuses for.

I guess we're all apologizing for someone.  You guys just do it for the candidates who act intolerably, insult the people they need to vote for them in order to win, and then whine, complain, and scream conspiracy theories when it doesn't work out for them.  You've made this point multiple times to me, trying to place all of the blame on voters.  If I was there, I would've voted for the fool, no matter how obnoxious and inexperienced she was.  But that doesn't change the fact that SHE is the one that behaved in a way that cost her the election.  The idea that all of the blame belongs to swing voters who don't vote for someone who comes across as completely unlikeable, and even worse, talks and acts like the Donald, is absurd.  Not everyone is a staunch conservative.  In fact, our country is about as 50/50 as it gets.  So the right's continual "our way is the only way, and anyone who doesn't agree is just dumb, and completely at fault for voting wrong" argument simply doesn't hold water.  The right has to win the moderate vote in order to be successful on a national level.  This is not happening currently, and it's a major problem.  

6 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Arizona’s loss, you’ll see the same crap show next election cycle, democrats sure aren’t going to clean their mess up.

It also helps to have a state with plenty of “sensitive” voters.

Arizona is gone.

Arizona has 9 representatives in the house.  Previously they had 5 republicans and 4 democrats, but the republicans flipped a seat this midterm, and it is now 6 republicans and 3 democrats.  Arizona has had a republican governor for the last 16 years, and still would if not for term limits in the state.  But yeah, it's all Arizona's fault for just being so dang liberal, and totally has nothing to do with a terrible candidate running an idiotic campaign in which she completely emulated Trump's egotistical rants and insults in an effort to win favor with him.  She got his endorsement, but the cost of doing so is now abundantly clear.  But lets just place all the place on those stupid voters.  

24 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I guess we're all apologizing for someone.  You guys just do it for the candidates who act intolerably, insult the people they need to vote for them in order to win, and then whine, complain, and scream conspiracy theories when it doesn't work out for them.  You've made this point multiple times to me, trying to place all of the blame on voters.  If I was there, I would've voted for the fool, no matter how obnoxious and inexperienced she was.  But that doesn't change the fact that SHE is the one that behaved in a way that cost her the election.  The idea that all of the blame belongs to swing voters who don't vote for someone who comes across as completely unlikeable, and even worse, talks and acts like the Donald, is absurd.  Not everyone is a staunch conservative.  In fact, our country is about as 50/50 as it gets.  So the right's continual "our way is the only way, and anyone who doesn't agree is just dumb, and completely at fault for voting wrong" argument simply doesn't hold water.  The right has to win the moderate vote in order to be successful on a national level.  This is not happening currently, and it's a major problem.  

Feelings over policy, Got it.

Biden had been insulting people for over 40 years…..so what’s your point?

35 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

News flash, the right will not win today's moderate vote.  30 years ago the moderate vote would not be offended by allowing states to decide whether or not women can indiscriminately kill the unborn, they wouldn't want to see open borders, low taxes and low unemployment was important, they wanted fossil fuel and all the jobs it provided and they weren't crying about free college, it's a different moderate vote that is uninformed and can be swayed by shysters and smooth talkers promising crap they'll never deliver.

The democrats have been overtaken by the AOC crowd and the country is heading to a bad place but somehow that can be overlooked because some candidates, in your opinion, are simply too mean-spirited and dare to think Trump did a good job (which he did).

Unwoke nailed it, it's feelings over policy, mainly because this moderate swing voter you tout has no clue what the policy is, or doesn't care, or both.

Might take a while, but it's game over, trust me.

24 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Arizona has 9 representatives in the house.  Previously they had 5 republicans and 4 democrats, but the republicans flipped a seat this midterm, and it is now 6 republicans and 3 democrats.  Arizona has had a republican governor for the last 16 years, and still would if not for term limits in the state.  But yeah, it's all Arizona's fault for just being so dang liberal, and totally has nothing to do with a terrible candidate running an idiotic campaign in which she completely emulated Trump's egotistical rants and insults in an effort to win favor with him.  She got his endorsement, but the cost of doing so is now abundantly clear.  But lets just place all the place on those stupid voters.  

I will, they filled out the ballot for a poor choice, all the while having a record they could have checked.

Maybe they are voting for exactly what they want, which makes them even worse.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

You guys only care about kids when they are in the womb. What about programs that help to sustain life like food stamps, WIC, Medicaid and CHIPS. You guys are against those programs, which is awful.

I see you didn’t refute the point of being viewed the way one s viewed. Your reply back is just more proof.  Let’s kill babies because other people won’t help us. Let’s point the finger at someone else cause I don’t want responsibility.

what a great lesson to teach our youth. And you say “you guys only care about the womb” 

You don’t care in the womb or after.

I want individuals to be independent not dependent

rabbit trail

Those programs are ran by govt…..they do a terrible job at it…. 

Abused programs 

Those programs have only weakened the mindset of individuals…entrapment....and that is why so many participate in those programs.

instead how bout teach responsibility and discipline.  

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I see you didn’t refute the point of being viewed the way one s viewed. Your reply back is just more proof.  Let’s kill babies because other people won’t help us. Let’s point the finger at someone else cause I don’t want responsibility.

what a great lesson to teach our youth. And you say “you guys only care about the womb” 

You don’t care in the womb or after.

I want individuals to be independent not dependent

rabbit trail

Those programs are ran by govt…..they do a terrible job at it…. 

Abused programs 

Those programs have only weakened the mindset of individuals…entrapment....and that is why so many participate in those programs.

instead how bout teach responsibility and discipline.  

I care about the kids in and outside.of the womb. There a poor people that need help. Babies should not have to suffer because of  their parants decisions.

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

News flash, the right will not win today's moderate vote.  30 years ago the moderate vote would not be offended by allowing states to decide whether or not women can indiscriminately kill the unborn, they wouldn't want to see open borders, low taxes and low unemployment was important, they wanted fossil fuel and all the jobs it provided and they weren't crying about free college, it's a different moderate vote that is uninformed and can be swayed by shysters and smooth talkers promising crap they'll never deliver.

The democrats have been overtaken by the AOC crowd and the country is heading to a bad place but somehow that can be overlooked because some candidates, in your opinion, are simply too mean-spirited and dare to think Trump did a good job (which he did).

Unwoke nailed it, it's feelings over policy, mainly because this moderate swing voter you tout has no clue what the policy is, or doesn't care, or both.

Might take a while, but it's game over, trust me.

Not going to take long at all if the right doesn’t put forth candidates that people want to vote for.  Candidates that the most conservative 20% of the country are pumped up about aren’t going to work.  That said, Desantis is more conservative than trump, but isn’t a giant windbag, and is doing fantastic in Florida, which has an awful lot of democrats in it.  

6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Not going to take long at all if the right doesn’t put forth candidates that people want to vote for.  Candidates that the most conservative 20% of the country are pumped up about aren’t going to work.  That said, Desantis is more conservative than trump, but isn’t a giant windbag, and is doing fantastic in Florida, which has an awful lot of democrats in it.  

That’s what primaries are for. Let them bludgeoned each other, that is if Desantis decides to run. Talk bout windbag. In Desantis victory speech last he said an I quote “Florida is where Woke comes to die”. Kinda sounds like something Trump would say. Lol.  I like it but that may be too harsh for some of those those squishy moderates you were referring too. I think both have done a good job but keep in mind Desantis is a politician. Trump is a Alfa Male, an sucks all the oxygen out of a room when he’s in it. Don’t think Desantis doesn’t acknowledge that fact. 

13 hours ago, Big girl said:

I care about the kids in and outside.of the womb. There a poor people that need help. Babies should not have to suffer because of  their parants decisions.

Your right babies shouldn’t suffer, so let’s kill them……what about those 1 yo 2 yo 4yo 8yo etc that live in an abusive home should we end their life so they don’t suffer?

poor people need opportunity and if they choose to not take opportunity then they deserve to struggle 2 Thessalonians 3:10

also if we shut the border down and these so called poor people had the willingness to work manual labor jobs then problem fixed. But why work when govt is handing out money. Govt money and housing is really an addictive drug that few ever get off of.

I ve lived in a 3rd world country with REAL poor people…..our bums and homeless have it better here then many in other countries.

11 hours ago, Unwoke said:

That’s what primaries are for. Let them bludgeoned each other, that is if Desantis decides to run. Talk bout windbag. In Desantis victory speech last he said an I quote “Florida is where Woke comes to die”. Kinda sounds like something Trump would say. Lol.  I like it but that may be too harsh for some of those those squishy moderates you were referring too. I think both have done a good job but keep in mind Desantis is a politician. Trump is a Alfa Male, an sucks all the oxygen out of a room when he’s in it. Don’t think Desantis doesn’t acknowledge that fact. 

Lmao. 

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Your right babies shouldn’t suffer, so let’s kill them……what about those 1 yo 2 yo 4yo 8yo etc that live in an abusive home should we end their life so they don’t suffer?

poor people need opportunity and if they choose to not take opportunity then they deserve to struggle 2 Thessalonians 3:10

also if we shut the border down and these so called poor people had the willingness to work manual labor jobs then problem fixed. But why work when govt is handing out money. Govt money and housing is really an addictive drug that few ever get off of.

I ve lived in a 3rd world country with REAL poor people…..our bums and homeless have it better here then many in other countries.

What if they have a job but it doesn't pay alot? One can qualify for WIC, CHIPS even though he has a job. Again I care about babies in and out of the womb. I don't want to see cuts in programs that help to sustain life.

On 11/10/2022 at 1:44 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

So explain to me why these enlightened voters that should get no blame could vote for Fetterman and Warnock?  Do I need to discuss why these folks are way poorer choices tah walker and Oz?

All I hear from you is how bad the Republican candidates are when the Democrat candidates are so much worse, just like Trump and Biden, no brainer, and that can't even be argued.

Usually you make fairly valid points  but your defense of these voters is wrong and the fix will never be to bend to the will of the these folks.  You are making this all about Trump when the problem is much more than that.  When Trump is out of the picture maybe you'll see it.

That’s like blaming a malnourished kid for being malnourished because they didn’t eat the dog food his foster parents offered him. 

17 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Coincidence?….I don’t think so. 

4 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I said I care about the baby in the womb: as well as, outside f the womb. I am not pro abortion.

To be honest, at this point it just feels like conservatives of a certain age would rather see the country go down in liberal flames so they can be angry and gripe about it than accept that the newer generations of republicans don't care about the same social issues that baby boomers do.  

6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

To be honest, at this point it just feels like conservatives of a certain age would rather see the country go down in liberal flames so they can be angry and gripe about it than accept that the newer generations of republicans don't care about the same social issues that baby boomers do.  

Yeah, you nailed it, I just want to gripe, what a ridiculous take on it.

These aren't Republicans that are choosing democrats, it's the squishy moderates.

And tell me, what social issues are so important that you would choose them over trashing our energy sector, swing the borders wide open, usher in inflation and high unemployment and higher taxes.

Tell me what social issues are so important, is it the freedom to murder babies at will, free college, what are they?

35 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Yeah, you nailed it, I just want to gripe, what a ridiculous take on it.

These aren't Republicans that are choosing democrats, it's the squishy moderates.

And tell me, what social issues are so important that you would choose them over trashing our energy sector, swing the borders wide open, usher in inflation and high unemployment and higher taxes.

Tell me what social issues are so important, is it the freedom to murder babies at will, free college, what are they?

I know.  I see it over and over.  The absolute refusal the give any ground at all to the detriment of the party and the country, all the while complaining about how good things used to be, while also steadfastly denying that the party did any of those bad things that used to happen in the good old days.  It's laughable.  The democrats today are insane, but the old school republicans are bitter and delusional.