How Trump, Infighting, and Flawed Candidates Limited Republican Gains

bullets13

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I know.  I see it over and over.  The absolute refusal the give any ground at all to the detriment of the party and the country, all the while complaining about how good things used to be, while also steadfastly denying that the party did any of those bad things that used to happen in the good old days.  It's laughable.  The democrats today are insane, but the old school republicans are bitter and delusional.  

I'll try and address this rambling response, but first, answer this, what ground are we not giving way to that we should?

20 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I'll try and address this rambling response, but first, answer this, what ground are we not giving way to that we should?

whatever it takes to keep republicans in office.  clearly what the right is trying currently isn't working well.  a great start, without giving up any ground at all, would be to provide electable candidates.  You guys continue to say over and over "feelings over policy", and the "idiots in the middle voted wrong" without acknowledging the right's shortcomings.  It's now well-established that subpar candidates running on the "the election was stolen" and "insult everyone who doesn't agree with us" platforms do not perform well, yet the right continues with the same old nonsense: how could those idiots not pick our person with no experience who's peddling conspiracy theories and being a jerk?  Anytime someone points out that the republican candidates are garbage in many cases, it's all excuses and justifications.  According to you guys the left is ridiculous for voting for Fetterman, but we ran a TV doctor against him.  Our ex-republican, ex-democrat, current-republican news anchor candidate who tries to be just like donald lost, and things don't look good for our bumbling football player who's anti-abortion (when he's not paying for them), and can barely string two sentences together.  I just can't believe things didn't turn out better for these sparkling candidates.  And now here comes Trump again, who's got considerably less support than he did when he lost the last election.  But it'll be someone else's fault when he loses the election, no doubt.

8 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

whatever it takes to keep republicans in office.  clearly what the right is trying currently isn't working well.  a great start, without giving up any ground at all, would be to provide electable candidates.  You guys continue to say over and over "feelings over policy", and the "idiots in the middle voted wrong" without acknowledging the right's shortcomings.  It's now well-established that subpar candidates running on the "the election was stolen" platform do not perform well, yet the right continues with the same old nonsense: how could those idiots not pick our person with no experience who's peddling conspiracy theories?  Anytime someone points out that the republican candidates are garbage in many cases, it's all excuses and smoke and mirrors.  According to you guys the left is ridiculous for voting for Fetterman, but we ran a TV doctor against him.  Our ex-republican, ex-democrat, current-republican news anchor candidate who tries to be just like donald lost, and things don't look good for our bumbling football player who's anti-abortion (when he's not paying for them), and can barely string two sentences together.  I just can't believe things didn't turn out better for these sparkling candidates. 

So simply put up more "likeable" candidates that are pushing the exact same policies will be a sure fired way of swaying the moderates away from the candidates that push policies that are destroying the country.

Just backing policies that are destroying the country isn't enough to sway them away from those folks, I guess.

Do you see how completely asinine that way of thinking is and yes, it is 100% feelings over policy.

I'm not pretending there is a fix to the problem we have now with this mindset, I'm simply honest enough to acknowledge what the problem is.  It's progressively moving that direction, soon they will get the guns and be able to kill full term babies out of the womb and there be those that say, if we would have just put up the right candidate, these folks would have been content and settled down.

12 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So simply put up more "likeable" candidates that are pushing the exact same policies will be a sure fired way of swaying the moderates away from the candidates that push policies that are destroying the country.

Just backing policies that are destroying the country isn't enough to sway them away from those folks, I guess.

Do you see how completely asinine that way of thinking is and yes, it is 100% feelings over policy.

I'm not pretending there is a fix to the problem we have now with this mindset, I'm simply honest enough to acknowledge what the problem is.  It's progressively moving that direction, soon they will get the guns and be able to kill full term babies out of the womb and there be those that say, if we would have just put up the right candidate, these folks would have been content and settled down.

Yes, clearly.  In areas where it's 50/50 or close to it, that is literally all it takes when nearly 70% of the country isn't happy with how things are going under the current president.  It's hard for me to even wrap my head around how badly the republicans screwed these midterms up, and how some people still defend them and blame it all on the left somehow.  One only has to look at how likeable republican candidates in those areas have performed vs. unlikeable candidates.  Georgia elected a very conservative, but likeable, republican governor by an 8% margin.  Herschel Walker is going to a runoff with an opponent that should've been easy to defeat.  Arizona elected a likeable republican governor by FIFTEEN points in 2018, but chose not to vote for Donaldina Trump in 2022.  Voters in Pennsylvania chose to elect someone with a traumatic brain injury over Trump's TV Doctor buddy.  These midterms were littered with instances like these, and unfortunately nearly all of them went against the right.  

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

Yes, clearly.  In areas where it's 50/50 or close to it, that is literally all it takes when nearly 70% of the country isn't happy with how things are going under the current president.  It's hard for me to even wrap my head around how badly the republicans screwed these midterms up, and how some people still defend them and blame it all on the left somehow.  One only has to look at how likeable republican candidates in those areas have performed vs. unlikeable candidates.  Georgia elected a very conservative, but likeable, republican governor by an 8% margin.  Herschel Walker is going to a runoff with an opponent that should've been easy to defeat.  Arizona elected a likeable republican governor by FIFTEEN points in 2018, but chose not to vote for Donaldina Trump in 2022.  Voters in Pennsylvania chose to elect someone with a traumatic brain injury over Trump's TV Doctor buddy.  

Thank you, you're making my point...it is, without a doubt, feelings over policy.

No fixing that.

By the way, why don't moderates demand more from the democrat candidates?  

Seems they are only critical of the Republican candidates...strange.

Walker and Oz were much better choices than Fetterman and Warnok for someone that truly was unbiased and trying to make the right choice policy wise, especially if they lean to the right a little.

But I guess TDS overrides all these days in the squishy moderate world.

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yes, clearly.  In areas where it's 50/50 or close to it, that is literally all it takes when nearly 70% of the country isn't happy with how things are going under the current president.  It's hard for me to even wrap my head around how badly the republicans screwed these midterms up, and how some people still defend them and blame it all on the left somehow.  One only has to look at how likeable republican candidates in those areas have performed vs. unlikeable candidates.  Georgia elected a very conservative, but likeable, republican governor by an 8% margin.  Herschel Walker is going to a runoff with an opponent that should've been easy to defeat.  Arizona elected a likeable republican governor by FIFTEEN points in 2018, but chose not to vote for Donaldina Trump in 2022.  Voters in Pennsylvania chose to elect someone with a traumatic brain injury over Trump's TV Doctor buddy.  These midterms were littered with instances like these, and unfortunately nearly all of them went against the right.  

What happened to being professional when debating. Donaldina? If your referring to Kari Lake…..well this is a short version of her story.

14 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Thank you, you're making my point...it is, without a doubt, feelings over policy.

No fixing that.

By the way, why don't moderates demand more from the democrat candidates?  

Seems they are only critical of the Republican candidates...strange.

Walker and Oz were much better choices than Fetterman and Warnok for someone that truly was unbiased and trying to make the right choice policy wise, especially if they lean to the right a little.

But I guess TDS overrides all these days in the squishy moderate world.

It's the easiest fix in the world!  Quit nominating buffoons.  That's literally all it takes. When a moderate feels the left is too far left, and the right is too far right, you know what a great tiebreaker is??  Likability.  Again a post from you that places all the blame on everyone but the republicans, while complaining about how terrible the left is. Which makes MY point from earlier:  there's a prevalent attitude amongst certain conservatives that appear much more content to refuse change and gripe about how dumb and terrible the left is than to demand change from their own party to secure victories.  

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Yeah, you nailed it, I just want to gripe, what a ridiculous take on it.

These aren't Republicans that are choosing democrats, it's the squishy moderates.

And tell me, what social issues are so important that you would choose them over trashing our energy sector, swing the borders wide open, usher in inflation and high unemployment and higher taxes.

Tell me what social issues are so important, is it the freedom to murder babies at will, free college, what are they?

We should just let the left dictate where the middle is no matter how far it moves to the left. That is what’s best for the country….there’s no value in standing firm and true to morals. That’s not cool in this day and age.

common sense isn’t common

12 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

That really hurt your feelings, did it?  I figured you guys would consider that a compliment.  

I promise you that didn’t hurt my feelings Lol but the same thing y’all whine  about Trump hurting peoples feelings you do yourself because of your TDS. Typical Liberal Hypocrisy.

You probably didn’t even bother to watch the clip about Kari Lake. She left a well paying job of being a journalist for 28 years because she couldn’t handle the hypocrisy and propaganda being spewed by the media kinda like the same nonsense you spew on this forum. Lol

29 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's the easiest fix in the world!  Quit nominating buffoons.  That's literally all it takes. When a moderate feels the left is too far left, and the right is too far right, you know what a great tiebreaker is??  Likability.  Again a post from you that places all the blame on everyone but the republicans, while complaining about how terrible the left is. Which makes MY point from earlier:  there's a prevalent attitude amongst certain conservatives that appear much more content to refuse change and gripe about how dumb and terrible the left is than to demand change from their own party to secure victories.  

The left is nominating buffoons and it seems to be working out.

And I'm not griping about how dumb and terrible the left is, that's a given, it's the squishy moderates.

Too left or too right, lol, come on people, get some sort of moral compass and stick with it.

Do these moderates only want SOME babies killed, SOME of the guns confiscated, SOME money for college but not all, do they only want SOME of the coal miners and pipeline workers fired, SOME parts of Obamacare implemented, only SOME of the military equipment left to the Taliban and only SOME of the people left to fend for themselves to get out?

It's literally impossible to appease these fickle fools and what's worse, their numbers are too high to defeat them.

18 hours ago, Unwoke said:

I promise you that didn’t hurt my feelings Lol but the same thing y’all whine  about Trump hurting peoples feelings you do yourself because of your TDS. Typical Liberal Hypocrisy.

You probably didn’t even bother to watch the clip about Kari Lake. She left a well paying job of being a journalist for 28 years because she couldn’t handle the hypocrisy and propaganda being spewed by the media kinda like the same nonsense you spew on this forum. Lol

I voted for Trump twice.  If he secures the nomination this goround, I'll be (grudgingly) voting for him again.  I don't have TDS.  I've stated many times on here that I thought he did a decent job as president.  But I don't like him, and he's destroying the republican party to the advantage of the left, and yes, that bothers me a lot.  When Kari Lake was dumb enough to publicly say that she didn't want any "McCain Republicans" at her rallies, I wrote her off.  Apparently so did a lot of the McCain republicans.  You can't really protect some people from themselves, I guess.  It's just shocking to me that she insulted the most popular Arizona politician of the last several generations and his supporters, WHO'S VOTES SHE NEEDED TO WIN, and then she somehow lost.  But we all know the election was really stolen from her, I saw it on twitter.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I voted for Trump twice.  If he secures the nomination this goround, I'll be (grudgingly) voting for him again.  I don't have TDS.  I've stated many times on here that I thought he did a decent job as president.  But I don't like him, and he's destroying the republican party to the advantage of the left, and yes, that bothers me a lot.  When Kari Lake was dumb enough to publicly say that she didn't want any "McCain Republicans" at her rallies, I wrote her off.  Apparently so did a lot of the McCain republicans.  You can't really protect some people from themselves, I guess.  It's just shocking to me that she insulted the most popular Arizona politician of the last several generations and his supporters, WHO'S VOTES SHE NEEDED TO WIN, and then she somehow lost.  But we all know the election was really stolen from her, I saw it on twitter.

You are totally ignoring what went on Election Day in Arizona. Disenfranchisement and Suppression of the vote on Election Day was Disgusting. 72% of Election Day voters were Republicans an as I posted on another thread it had been reported that 20 to 30% of the tabulators malfunctioned on top of hundreds of more ballots showing up in the #3 box than voters that came into vote. There’s Thousands of testimony’s of issues with trying to vote in Arizona. It’s totally ridiculous.

As far as McCain, I could care less. I appreciated his service to the country as I too am a veteran. McCain was one of the main individuals pushing the Steel Dossier. He was corrupt as hell. He was not a Republican. 

On 11/15/2022 at 4:45 PM, Big girl said:

The flu is not as virulent COVID-19. Covid spreads more easily..

Check this out. Your scare tactic doctors are at it again. Now they want to shut down for the flu.  I have lost almost all respect for the medical community. 

American Academy of Pediatrics urges Biden administration to declare emergency over 'unprecedented' RSV surge

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

52 minutes ago, baddog said:

Check this out. Your scare tactic doctors are at it again. Now they want to shut down for the flu.  I have lost almost all respect for the medical community. 

American Academy of Pediatrics urges Biden administration to declare emergency over 'unprecedented' RSV surge

Of course they want to do this.  They got away with it the first time.  Plus they were able to steal an election pulling this con game!  They want to keep doing it.  

11 hours ago, baddog said:

I dont think that RSV is not the same as the flu.