Question about a rule

WOSdrummer99

10 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Fg attempt blocked but caught by kicking team. Then ran into end zone by kicking team. No TD. Is this correct?

At first i thought not. But why can the other team advance the ball and possibly score? Maybe it's that a kicked ball cannot be advanced by the kicking team. Is that also true on a kickoff?

I believe that’s correct. The kicking team can’t advance the ball on FGs or kickoff 

If it is blocked and never crosses the line of scrimmage either team can advance the ball. 

now if it is blocked but passes the line of scrimmage only the defense can advance the ball, if it’s an extra point the offense can pick the ball up but it’s then a dead ball and the extra point is no good, if it is a field goal attempt and it is blocked but passes the line of scrimmage it is then considered a punt and the kicking team can down the ball wherever they touch it at. 

38 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Kicking team can’t advance an onside kick

If the receiving team catches the onside kick and starts and runs and fumble the ball it can be advanced. Muff rule, just like a dropped punt cannot be advanced neither can a onside kick unless the receiving team run and control the ball then fumbles.   
A few years back I think it was Central playing PN-G and Central scored and went up by 2points and PN-G blocked the xtra point and run it back for 2points and tied the game. PN-G won in OT.

18 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

If the receiving team catches the onside kick and starts and runs and fumble the ball it can be advanced. Muff rule, just like a dropped punt cannot be advanced neither can a onside kick unless the receiving team run and control the ball then fumbles.   
A few years back I think it was Central playing PN-G and Central scored and went up by 2points and PN-G blocked the xtra point and run it back for 2points and tied the game. PN-G won in OT.

I remember with in the late 80's or early 90's Lumberton set up to kick a pat to go 1 point ahead of WOS for our first ever win against them. Needless to say they blocked the PAT and ran it back for 2 points with no time left. That sucked....😒

5 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

I remember with in the late 80's or early 90's Lumberton set up to kick a pat to go 1 point ahead of WOS for our first ever win against them. Needless to say they blocked the PAT and ran it back for 2 points with no time left. That sucked....😒

Looking at our history. Maybe that was the last time we played in 2003. WOS 14-7 Probably a blocked FG we ran back for a TD. Heartbreak

Also the last time we missed the playoffs. We lost to Nederland and Central.

I’m under the impression that once it leaves the kickers foot, it’s a change of possession.   Kicking team can’t recover, and retain possession, or advance the ball.

Once it crosses the LOS, and if the defensive team touches, and muffs the ball, it can be recovered by the kicking team, but not advanced.

If the defensive team recovers the ball, advances the ball, then fumbles, then the kicking team could recover and advance the ball.