Silsbee (26) @ Jasper (23) - FINAL

jdawg03

11 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Im not sure sir but I'm very well aware that there was a score at your stadium tonight that read Home 23 Visitors 26. Silsbee is damn name back home and in the bed and your still up butt hurt over this game. Im sure its past your bed time of 630pm. Why don't you make yourself a warm cup of portage and blow out the lantern. Night night sir!! Roll Tigers!!! 

butt hurt? about what the DAWGS far exceeding any expectations that the "experts" and the majority of the state thought they would accomplish. 

we lost to the supposed 4th best team in our classification.  it happens. 

Maybe yall can win the next 8 or 9 and catch up in the all time head to h3ad 

It was a good ballgame and that call made a difference, but Jasper needs to learn to persevere through stuff like that. We had opportunities to make plays and we didn't. I understand Coach Crumedy's frustration, but I'm sure he knows he could projected it in a better way. He'll be fine and so will those kids. That's just a tough one to lose. 

1 minute ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

butt hurt? about what the DAWGS far exceeding any expectations that the "experts" and the majority of the state thought they would accomplish. 

we lost to the supposed 4th best team in our classification.  it happens. 

Maybe yall can win the next 8 or 9 and catch up in the all time head to h3ad 

Maybe? 6 out 7 is pretty solid. We won tonight and that's what will be celebrated. 11/4/2022 Silsbee beat Jasper 26-23. Were going to live in thr present not the last. Jasper does lead the alltime series but unfortunately for you, we gained a game tonight. 

Just now, BADSANTA said:

Maybe? 6 out 7 is pretty solid. We won tonight and that's what will be celebrated. 11/4/2022 Silsbee beat Jasper 26-23. Were going to live in thr present not the last. Jasper does lead the alltime series but unfortunately for you, we gained a game tonight. 

Unfortunately?   nah, not really. even with the loss it was fun seeing Jasper prove that Silsbee really is not as dynamic as it has appeared to be this season.  

anywho....

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

That's awesome!! I remember in the 80s and most of the 90s, Silsbee couldn't beat Jasper to save out life. All those Limbrick brothers, Shawn Horn, Lawrence Armstrong etc....

I remember Ben Bronson. Looked like the dude could sling a football 50 yards from his knees if he had to.

2 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I remember Ben Bronson. Looked like the dude could sling a football 50 yards from his knees if he had to.

lol. my classmate most definitely could sling it. He played baseball & football at Baylor. 

He spent time with Kansas City organization in baseball. Played WR for the Indianapolis Colts.  

Played in the AFL(Arena Football League). Was a WR for both the Houston Thunderbears ; Carolina Cobras. 

Ole Ben  has even had his Hollywood moment. In 2004 he  was  in the movie "Friday Night Lights "

His twin brother Bryan was an Olympic hurdler and also won bronze at the World  Championships in 1997. Bryan won 3 consecutive titles at the USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships.

Bryan went to Rice University and graduated in just 3 years with an accounting degree all while running and competing for Team Nike when he was not competing for Rice.

6 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Jasper vs Kincaid.

Hail Mary to end the game.(if ya know what I mean)

Yep. But both teams will get better from it.the 2 best coached teams in the district. They both will go at least 3 rds deep. I'm glad jasper hired one of there own to bring the program back to were it was !! Gud luck to both of y'all !

12 minutes ago, dj said:

Yep. But both teams will get better from it.the 2 best coached teams in the district. They both will go at least 3 rds deep. I'm glad jasper hired one of there own to bring the program back to were it was !! Gud luck to both of y'all !

Jasper will meet Cuero in the second round. That will be a tough one 

The wind and rain played a big role in the Silsbee passing game last night. The deep ball would get hung up in the wind and Jasper had a triple team on Miller almost 75% of the game. Silsbee running backs did very well. Martin, Kibblea, and Brown are all solid. Shout out to Silsbee OL as well. I seen some big holes in that 4th qtr to help seal the deal. Jasper Qb reminded me of Zeno from HF.   Maybe not as athletic or quick but elusive to say the least. One of my close friends son plays for West Columbia and former Aggie RB. Ill be in Laporte. 

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wow!!! Just listened to the post game show on KJAS radio. Jasper coach called out the game officials. Blasted them right on air. Actually called a couple by name. That's not good.

Incredible

As well he should. Silsbee last TD was not a catch. If you have TexanLive go back an watch it. It will clearly show that he used the ground to catch the ball every time. What’s bad is I believe the back judge (Ref) is the one that called it a TD when he clearly didn’t have view of the catch. 

7 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

As well he should. Silsbee last TD was not a catch. If you have TexanLive go back an watch it. It will clearly show that he used the ground to catch the ball every time. What’s bad is I believe the back judge (Ref) is the one that called it a TD when he clearly didn’t have view of the catch. 

I watched it on TL.  Nothing clear about it from that camera angle.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I watched it on TL.  Nothing clear about it from that camera angle.

Clear enough for me. Even the commentator says the TD stands for now while the kid that supposedly caught it looks around at the refs because he knows he didn’t catch it. Lol. Commentator even says the back judge made the call when definitely didn’t have a clear view of the supposedly catch. Lol. I really don’t care who won this game. I knew it would be a good game but you hate to see it be decided on a bs call like that.  Good luck to both teams going forward.

Hate that a single play is becoming the story because it was a really good game.  

I think what I saw is Jasper figured out they have a super weapon at qb and unleashed him.  That made the whole offense better and it really showed.  It is the first time the offense had a dangerous look to it imo. 

Silsbee on the other hand probably had their worst offensive night (thanks in large part to a good jasper scheme and performance) but yet it was enough to win at Jasper.  That speaks for itself.  

A rematch would be one of those extra special games no doubt, but some very quality teams stand in the way.