Week-11 Port Arthur Memorial at Kingwood Park Predictions 11/3 Thursday Night

Who wins   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Port Arthur Memorial
    • Kingwood Park

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2022 at 11:00 PM

This game is honestly for more than just the district championship. It has same implications that the Longview-Lancaster game did.  The winner gets a much easier road the first two rounds of the playoffs.  The loser gets dropped in the fryer from the jump on the hellacious side of the bracket in Region 2.

As long as the PAM defense plays with intensity, I think they take this by 10+

9 hours ago, kingwolf1 said:

This game is honestly for more than just the district championship. It has same implications that the Longview-Lancaster game did.  The winner gets a much easier road the first two rounds of the playoffs.  The loser gets dropped in the fryer from the jump on the hellacious side of the bracket in Region 2.

As long as the PAM defense plays with intensity, I think they take this by 10+

I agree. 

To beat KWP you have to contain their QB. We have the defense to do just that. 

The one and ONLY thing I'm worried about in this game is: it's at Turner Stadium on a Thursday night.

That's it.

Kids have to keep their composure in that place. Hell just look at what happened during the NS vs Atascocita game last Thursday 🤷🏾‍♂️ that officiating crew was just as bad as the one we had last night here in Port Arthur 😂 Hopefully we get the same crew from our week-1 and week-2 games. 

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

PAM secondary will be exposed with the exception of white. The middle still soft like pudding since 2012. Maybe ol captain Morgan can get them to cut down on the penalties and the sidelines can call the right plays for blitzes… other than that this game could go either way. 

Describe 'the middle' because except for LP, the front 4, which all return next year and the freshman LB have been solid against the run

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

Describe 'the middle' because except for LP, the front 4, which all return next year and the freshman LB have been solid against the run

porter gashed them as well. nederland ran off two long runs. every team they played have not been very good. its not their fault, but get a good run team and they will be exposed IF AND I MEAN IF they get pass the 1st rd

PAM's defense will be good enough but will their offense? I don't think KWP is going to allow TD's of kick returns or give up defensive TD's so how is PA going to move the ball consistently enough. 

if KWP can score 28 they win. If they can't then they probably lose. I have zero faith in PAM scoring 4 offensive TD's. 

30 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

PAM's defense will be good enough but will their offense? I don't think KWP is going to allow TD's of kick returns or give up defensive TD's so how is PA going to move the ball consistently enough. 

if KWP can score 28 they win. If they can't then they probably lose. I have zero faith in PAM scoring 4 offensive TD's. 

Luckily, thus isn't faith based but fact based.  The fact is, all those PA will finish 3rd/lose to Cove from last week were wrong so just because y'all lost to Park, doesn't mean PA will suffer the same fate

51 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Luckily, thus isn't faith based but fact based.  The fact is, all those PA will finish 3rd/lose to Cove from last week were wrong so just because y'all lost to Park, doesn't mean PA will suffer the same fate

Look how you've played against Porter, Crosby, Lee and BH. You haven't scored offensive touchdowns... that's a trend. La Porte was the outlier and then GCM/Sterling are just bad...

13 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Look how you've played against Porter, Crosby, Lee and BH. You haven't scored offensive touchdowns... that's a trend. La Porte was the outlier and then GCM/Sterling are just bad...

And, I will take scores from all 3 phases.  The same team that was beaten in a monsoon held your Humble saviors to 14 points, despite Park having a bye week, I like PAM's chances

5 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

And, I will take scores from all 3 phases.  The same team that was beaten in a monsoon held your Humble saviors to 14 points, despite Park having a bye week, I like PAM's chances

Another thing about this game: we have to have Nolan White on their #4 I think his name is Richards, can't have Chevalier on him all the time, just a personal opinion. #4 is their go-to WR, he catches damn near everything thrown to him from the games I've watched of KWP.

Their starting RB is pretty shifty, reminds me of a slower Elijah Hines.

The OL got size but I'm not sure they've seen a defensive front like ours?? 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Another thing about this game: we have to have Nolan White on their #4 I think his name is Richards, can't have Chevalier on him all the time, just a personal opinion. #4 is their go-to WR, he catches damn near everything thrown to him from the games I've watched of KWP.

Their starting RB is pretty shifty, reminds me of a slower Elijah Hines.

The OL got size but I'm not sure they've seen a defensive front like ours?? 

Old River held this bunch to 14 points.  Park has to stop PA which they had problems with BH last time out

3 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Old River held this bunch to 14 points.  Park has to stop PA which they had problems with BH last time out

They ended up hitting 21, but I agree with you. I think Chevalier is going to get more snaps on offense in this one. 

Wanna see something that's way too early but hilarious at the same time: look up Kingwood Park football schedule on MaxPreps and scroll to the bottom. 

3 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Exactly. PAM is still unknown due to they really haven’t played anyone and was driving the  struggle bus against teams that was not at full strength like Crosby. Got bullied and pushed around by a smaller Porter team in which Porter kicker lost the game,PAM had nothing to do with the missed kick. la Porte GASHED THEM. And punched in the mouth by lee. The excuses were the whole team had the flu. So the flu made them fumble and throw pics while being ahead?? The png win is impressive to the fan boys I guess, but play them again it will be a dramatic outcome. Coach first game with a new defense 

1 minute ago, pakronos said:

Exactly. PAM is still unknown due to they really haven’t played anyone and was driving the  struggle bus against teams that was not at full strength like Crosby. Got bullied and pushed around by a smaller Porter team in which Porter kicker lost the game,PAM had nothing to do with the missed kick. la Porte GASHED THEM. And punched in the mouth by lee. The excuses were the whole team had the flu. So the flu made them fumble and throw pics while being ahead?? The png win is impressive to the fan boys I guess, but play them again it will be a dramatic outcome. Coach first game with a new defense 

You do have the talent to beat KWP and the defense... the offense needs to show up or you'll need help from other areas. 

20 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Loser likely looking at a Rd 1 roadtrip to Lancaster

Actually if BH and Kingwood Park win, then PAM will be the 2 seed, since they hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over BH. Now if BH and PAM win, then Kingwood Park goes to Lancaster, since BH holds the head-to-head tiebreaker over them.