Bridge City (0) @ Silsbee (70) - FINAL

jdawg03

I can't remember a year where the differences between the teams were so stark.  This district and the others have a few teams soaking up shutouts (or near shutouts) while the other teams seem exceptionally stout.  I don't remember seeing this many lopsided scores from places like OF, Lum, HF, PNG (high scoring) and other teams just getting skunked like BC, Kountze, HJ, Nederland, etc.... Mix in WOS being 2-3 in District and it's just a weird year.   

Cool explanations.  I also think Silsbee is doing what they supposed to do. 

I haven’t seen Carthage but I have takes to a buddy of mine that gave me all kinds of east Texas info.  So I was just wondering.

I do think Silsbee needs to get a lot better running the ball, meaning better run blocking.  You’ll need that in the playoffs. Silsbee will also need to not get too dependent non Miller.  Find other players to get things going. 

Mot being a killjoy, but I think this group is special and should be poised for a deep playoff run.

Silsbee's defense at times is my biggest concern. The secondary has given up alot of big plays but they also have made big plays. I believe Silsbee is 8-10pts better than Jasper.  Jasper struggled with HF as well in Jasper. Silsbee may have to add Miller to the secondary more the further they advance in the playoffs. IMO, the most dangerous WR group for Silsbee is Miller, Cartwright, and Elder #7. All those kids seem to be tall and very athletic with Miller. Keep Baltrip or Jackson on the field in the slot. Silsbee running backs need to start with Martin and end with Kibbles. I'd use Brown in the passing game as he has solid hands. 

The secondary can still get better but we have to stop peeping so much in the backfield. I saw that alot vs HF, WOS, and Nederland. 

My prediction is Silsbee going 4-5 rounds deep. Im hoping for a game here in Katy or Cypress area. I have seen Cuero as well. I think Silsbee is a bit better. 

26 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee's defense at times is my biggest concern. The secondary has given up alot of big plays but they also have made big plays. I believe Silsbee is 8-10pts better than Jasper.  Jasper struggled with HF as well in Jasper. Silsbee may have to add Miller to the secondary more the further they advance in the playoffs. IMO, the most dangerous WR group for Silsbee is Miller, Cartwright, and Elder #7. All those kids seem to be tall and very athletic with Miller. Keep Baltrip or Jackson on the field in the slot. Silsbee running backs need to start with Martin and end with Kibbles. I'd use Brown in the passing game as he has solid hands. 

The secondary can still get better but we have to stop peeping so much in the backfield. I saw that alot vs HF, WOS, and Nederland. 

My prediction is Silsbee going 4-5 rounds deep. Im hoping for a game here in Katy or Cypress area. I have seen Cuero as well. I think Silsbee is a bit better. 

I haven’t seen Cuero. I talked to someone from there who came to watch Bellville play. He said Silsbee was gonna be a problem come playoff time lol 

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

FYI, it was Senior Night for Silsbee. Tigers have 10 seniors on varsity with 7 of those being starters.

So Silsbee will be returning 15 starters next year.

Silsbee will lose starting QB, RB, 2 WR, LB and 2 DB.

Dang! That is pretty good! Silsbee should be decent next season.

Here in Jasper we are only going to return 19 starters.  11 on defense and only 8 on offense.

I think the biggest question mark is what in the world is going on in BC…they are not even competitive.  Whoever takes over that job next year is going to need to bring in some new assistant coaches as well. Need some new faces and new ideas to get that program turned around. Heading in the wrong direction now. 

4 minutes ago, Gametime5 said:

I think the biggest question mark is what in the world is going on in BC…they are not even competitive.  Whoever takes over that job next year is going to need to bring in some new assistant coaches as well. Need some new faces and new ideas to get that program turned around. Heading in the wrong direction now. 

BC fired their HC or HC resigned?? I haven't heard anything about it that's why I'm asking. 

On 10/28/2022 at 1:04 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok, gotcha.  AAW, we’ve talked about this Silsbee team already.  So, a couple of questions.  Do you think this team has played weak competition this year?  Is this team yet on the level of Carthage or Cuero (I heard Cuero is good again)?

Well y’all wanted us Reg 3 and here we are 😉 can’t wait for the playoffs. Go Gobblers!!!

On 10/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Cool explanations.  I also think Silsbee is doing what they supposed to do. 

I haven’t seen Carthage but I have takes to a buddy of mine that gave me all kinds of east Texas info.  So I was just wondering.

I do think Silsbee needs to get a lot better running the ball, meaning better run blocking.  You’ll need that in the playoffs. Silsbee will also need to not get too dependent non Miller.  Find other players to get things going. 

Mot being a killjoy, but I think this group is special and should be poised for a deep playoff run.

Carthage is showing no mercy. There good enough to win both 4a tittles