Bridge City (0) @ Silsbee (70) - FINAL

jdawg03

Silsbee stats

Rushing    263 yards

Passing     261 yards

Total        524 yards  36 plays (14.5 yards per play)

Brisbane   8-10 (80%) 261 yards, 4 TD's

Martin  5 carries, 112 yards  TD

Kibbles   6 carries, 59 yards  TD

Brown    4 carries, 48 yards

Miller     3 catches, 123 yards  2 TD's

Elder      2 catches, 76 yards  1 TD

Cartwright  2 catches, 51 yards  1 TD

Bridge City team stats

Rushing   23 yards

Passing     50 yards

Total      73 yards  34 plays (2.1 yards per play)

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Question.  Has any Silsbee team ever finished 10-0?

Yes

1968 team went 11-0 before losing in quarterfinals

1971 team went 12-0 before losing in quarterfinals

Last team to go undefeated in regular season was 2004 team that went 9-0. (a non district game was canceled due to weather)

22 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes

1968 team went 11-0 before losing in quarterfinals

1971 team went 12-0 before losing in quarterfinals

Last team to go undefeated in regular season was 2004 team that went 9-0. (a non district game was canceled due to weather)

Ok, gotcha.  AAW, we’ve talked about this Silsbee team already.  So, a couple of questions.  Do you think this team has played weak competition this year?  Is this team yet on the level of Carthage or Cuero (I heard Cuero is good again)?

Silsbee ain't on the level of a Carthage or Gilmer, I'm afraid.

Taking off my Tiger glasses for a minute, the few teams they've played that were decent could have beaten them. Taking down WOS isn't that special of an accomplishment this year. Nederland ain't that great either and almost came back and won. HF is a solid team, but nothing they should have struggled with that badly.

I'm honestly 50/50 on if they can win in Jasper.

I'd personally consider 3rd round and beyond a successful season. If they can do more than that that'd be great.

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok, gotcha.  AAW, we’ve talked about this Silsbee team already.  So, a couple of questions.  Do you think this team has played weak competition this year?  Is this team yet on the level of Carthage or Cuero (I heard Cuero is good again)?

I do not think the schedule is considered "weak" just not very strong. But they dispose of the weaker teams pretty well (minus the Nederland game). 

I think this team is as good if not better than Cuero. Carthage? Not so much. Carthage is huge in the trenches. Skill wise, Silsbee is as good, but Carthage is much better on the line on both sides of the ball. Their line will give Silsbee fits both offensively and defensively.

This Silsbee team is talented and are playing well. Some breaks go their way can mean a historical season for these Tigers.

50 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I do not think the schedule is considered "weak" just not very strong. But they dispose of the weaker teams pretty well (minus the Nederland game). 

I think this team is as good if not better than Cuero. Carthage? Not so much. Carthage is huge in the trenches. Skill wise, Silsbee is as good, but Carthage is much better on the line on both sides of the ball. Their line will give Silsbee fits both offensively and defensively.

This Silsbee team is talented and are playing well. Some breaks go their way can mean a historical season for these Tigers.

This! I think Carthage and Gilmer are the only teams that have the level of skill position talent with Silsbee in 4A D2 . Carthage was above everyone’s level last season until running into China Spring in the third round last year. Thankfully (For Bellville’s sake lol) there is a bit more to winning football games than just who has the better athletes…. Otherwise there wouldn’t be much stopping Silsbee. As far as the region goes if there were a power rankings…. This would be mine

1. Silsbee 

2. Cuero

3. Bellville 

4. Jasper 

5. Hamshire Fannett / Waco Connally 

Those are my top 5 in the region with Cuero and Bellville basically being inner changeable IMO

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Also my opinion on Silsbee’s schedule and playing bad teams is that Silsbee is doing what they are supposed to do against those teams lol

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Silsbee ain't on the level of a Carthage or Gilmer, I'm afraid.

Taking off my Tiger glasses for a minute, the few teams they've played that were decent could have beaten them. Taking down WOS isn't that special of an accomplishment this year. Nederland ain't that great either and almost came back and won. HF is a solid team, but nothing they should have struggled with that badly.

I'm honestly 50/50 on if they can win in Jasper.

I'd personally consider 3rd round and beyond a successful season. If they can do more than that that'd be great.

What I will say about these three games you alluded to:

All 3 games the Tigers gave away points.

Look back and see the play by play that those scores represented.

It doesn't negate the fact that they were close games just put them in context and it means Tigers can win even when things dont go their way.

I agree with Mike, they will have to be almost perfect and make no mistakes, while getting all the bounces their way to win the final game.