Galveston Ball

bullets13

Ball is currently 7-0 on the season, and has given up exactly 7 points for the entire season.  They've thrown 6 straight shutouts.  Admittedly, their district is awful, but they did manage a pretty impressive win over Texas City.  Just thought this was an interesting fact considering how bad they've been over the years.  

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Ball is currently 7-0 on the season, and has given up exactly 7 points for the entire season.  They've thrown 6 straight shutouts.  Admittedly, their district is awful, but they did manage a pretty impressive win over Texas City.  Just thought this was an interesting fact considering how bad they've been over the years.  

I think it shows just how bad Houston ISD football has become. Ball was very fortunate with this last realignment.

Though Ball hasn't been too bad the last couple of years.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think it shows just how bad Houston ISD football has become. Ball was very fortunate with this last realignment.

Though Ball hasn't been too bad the last couple of years.

for sure houston is terrible.  still pretty impressive to not give up a point in 6 games.  Even the quality teams in our area are prone to giving up a touchdown or two in blowouts.  

A verry good friend of mine moved from Jasper a couple years ago, and Ball is loving her son play linebacker for them!  Honestly, I wish they would not have moved. Lol.  He & TyAnthony would be a dynamic force! 

You right they haven't played worldbeaters, but no matter what level that still pretty damn good! 

I personally thank you  @bullets13for giving them some recognition ! Mad at myself for not having done so.

The first game of the year they gave up 7 pts to Lamarque and that's it. They have outscored opponents 347-7.

LETS GO TORNADOES!!!  (btw, that's the perfect team name for what they have done to teams)

24 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You talking about the 90s/early 2000s? 

what about in 1894? Lawd Jesus who played them that year?  I hadn't  a clue that any Texas highschool was playing ball in the 1890s. Knew there was very early 1900s teams but wow!

lol

They were knocking on the doorsteps of a  state championship in the mid to late 90s.

Lost on penetrations to Westlake in the semifinals then later lost to Katy in the quarterfinals. John Humphrey and Brandon Backe I am pretty sure in 1994 (maybe Casey Hampton?)and then Marvin Jackson and Lawrence Richardson in 1998.

50 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

They were knocking on the doorsteps of a  state championship in the mid to late 90s.

Lost on penetrations to Westlake in the semifinals then later lost to Katy in the quarterfinals. John Humphrey and Brandon Backe I am pretty sure in 1994 (maybe Casey Hampton?)and then Marvin Jackson and Lawrence Richardson in 1998.

or was it 94 & 1999 ? in 1998 they were 10-2 then in 99 they went 12-2.

yes sir 1994 is a good example of a team having 5 losses and still making a very deep run. The Tornadoes were 9-5-1.  The tie being the one you spoke of.

12 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

or was it 94 & 1999 ? in 1998 they were 10-2 then in 99 they went 12-2.

yes sir 1994 is a good example of a team having 5 losses and still making a very deep run. The Tornadoes were 9-5-1.  The tie being the one you spoke of.

They beat Lee in the playoffs both of those years haha.1994 Lee had a chance but they just couldn't stop Ball/Humphrey. Lee had beaten Eisenhower in the first round which was quite an accomplishment for a Lee team that was 0-10 two years earlier. They put it on Lee by 40 in 1999. That game is actually on YouTube not that I want to see it. Or maybe just the highlights, can't recall.