East Chambers (20) @ Anahuac (45) - FINAL

jdawg03

11 hours ago, Setx fan said:

EC will be really strong again soon. Their 8th grade group is awesome. 

For the future of the program, hope this is the case.  However, 8th grade programs don't always correlate to varsity success in the future. Also, the class above and below better have some athletes to mix in when the 8th grades are juniors and seniors.  Seldom if ever is a 3A program going to be strong when counting on only 1 grade.  What's the present freshmen class like?

1 hour ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

For the future of the program, hope this is the case.  However, 8th grade programs don't always correlate to varsity success in the future. Also, the class above and below better have some athletes to mix in when the 8th grades are juniors and seniors.  Seldom if ever is a 3A program going to be strong when counting on only 1 grade.  What's the present freshmen class like?

This is totally relatable.   Hardin 8th grade went undefeated last year.   I dont see EC having the same success they've had in previous years going forward.  I reference BUNA as the future because thats what I think they will be.  A solid 3/4 seed playoff team every year - as long as AP continues to progreess and Ofield is in the district / Woodville return down the road.  I dont just base this off my opinion alone, but what other people are telling me about the changes taking place within the community of Winnie.

2 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Other than the 8th grade group the other groups are average far as I know but when you have a good coach sometimes all you need is one good group 

17 hours ago, bullets13 said:

That EC is down this year, despite their record. 

We've all mostly known that EC is a little down compared to a typical EC team.  However, I wouldn't base it off this game alone.  Anahuac isn't bad... arguably pretty good.  Having said that, EC will be ok.  It's hard to think other than EC will do what EC does moving forward.  A "down year" every so often won't define the program.  They have nice enough facilities, good location, and enough history to always be a threat for some move ins.   Anahuac may take a few going forward but both still going to get some.  I do predict this EC/Anahuac rivalry will stop being so one sided and produce better games in the future. 

This shows how little I know.  This series is nearly .500 between these two teams.  Somebody told me, EC had won 2 more games than AP (in the all time series match ups)

EC 30

AP 28

Ties 2

If I were a betting man, I would have thought EC would have 40 wins to Anahuac's 20.

12 hours ago, JimAdler said:

This is totally relatable.   Hardin 8th grade went undefeated last year.   I dont see EC having the same success they've had in previous years going forward.  I reference BUNA as the future because thats what I think they will be.  A solid 3/4 seed playoff team every year - as long as AP continues to progreess and Ofield is in the district / Woodville return down the road.  I dont just base this off my opinion alone, but what other people are telling me about the changes taking place within the community of Winnie.

Spot on. 

The composition of this 3A district will soon change, too. Tark will be 4A-II in the near future. Its inevitable, I know that. Orangefield just dropped down, and I don't know their situation but might they move back up soon? They have to be near the top of the 3A enrollment range. Maybe an OF fan can comment on their enrollment trend. Finally, Hardin could drop to 3A-II.  

If some of this occurs, Woodville or someone else might move into 10. As for EC, Adler is correct that community is changing. Unless some Beaumont skill kids are imported again futbol will be the future for EC. Finally, Anahuac is poised for steady growth and a program on the rise. Anahuac has a real good coach and growing talent and depth.