East Chambers (20) @ Anahuac (45) - FINAL

jdawg03

9 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Spot on. 

The composition of this 3A district will soon change, too. Tark will be 4A-II in the near future. Its inevitable, I know that. Orangefield just dropped down, and I don't know their situation but might they move back up soon? They have to be near the top of the 3A enrollment range. Maybe an OF fan can comment on their enrollment trend. Finally, Hardin could drop to 3A-II.  

If some of this occurs, Woodville or someone else might move into 10. As for EC, Adler is correct that community is changing. Unless some Beaumont skill kids are imported again futbol will be the future for EC. Finally, Anahuac is poised for steady growth and a program on the rise. Anahuac has a real good coach and growing talent and depth.

The only thing to possibly add to this is, Anahuac too will be 4A DII in the near future.  I doubt it will be next realignment, but its coming.  Hardin has belonged in the old 2A now known as (3A DII) for the last 40 years, but they've managed to be 5-10 kids over every year, with the exception of alignment years 2000 and 2006.  When they did drop in classification, they were able to make the playoffs all 4 years.  So, if they drop again, I could see them winning games in a hurry.

You hit the nail on the head with EC.  Some people on the board and admin had been telling me this was coming years ago.  

10 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Anahuac will go 4A but its still a ways off. They are growing but nothing like Mont Belvieu is,

Anahuac turned 413, 3A top end is 544. Lots of room still. 

That will be interesting to watch. It could take 4 years or it could take 10, but that area is and will continue to grow.  

4 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

That will be interesting to watch. It could take 4 years or it could take 10, but that area is and will continue to grow.  

People think its a "ways off" but with the 99 expansion,  Dayton has begun construction on 18,000 homes which should be completed by 2025.  Anahuac (specifically Wallisville has plans for 800 homes) alone and there are many in the cove/old river/mb area that will be pushed out to Anahuac int he next 5-10 years.