St. Louis Saints vs Vidor Pirates

Mr. Thornton Melon

On 9/11/2022 at 6:06 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'll take Vidor this week. No way they start 0-4 right?? 🤔

Hmmmm, not so sure.  They’ve surprised me the first three games - losing - convincingly.  Something seriously wrong with the Pirates this year.  IMO physically they’re a good team.  If I’m right, then the fault is with the Coaches - HC, OC, DC, etc, etc.

Can they turn it around?  Maybe.  Sure hope so.  Kids deserve better.

Can the Pirates cut out mental mistakes and hold on to the ball?  If so, they should handle the Saints.  St. Louis plays spread teams for the most part and has never faced the Slot-T.  They do have a 6'3 receiver that can go get it on offense so we have to control the ball and sustain drives that finish in the end zone.  

32 minutes ago, VidorPirate said:

Can the Pirates cut out mental mistakes and hold on to the ball?  If so, they should handle the Saints.  St. Louis plays spread teams for the most part and has never faced the Slot-T.  They do have a 6'3 receiver that can go get it on offense so we have to control the ball and sustain drives that finish in the end zone.  

It's been the kids fault for 23 years but the mental mistakes are never the coaches fault . For 18 years we've played checkers while the other coaches played chess. The past 5 we've been playing tic-tac-toe

Just now, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

The mental mistakes are the coaches. It's been the kids fault for 23 years

Kids fault?.... Its a 2-way street.  You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink. 

Kids have to want it... They have to buy in and sellout. I know the coaches put in the time and effort to make sure the players are prepared for Friday nights.  

40 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Kids fault?.... Its a 2-way street.  You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink

Kids have to want it... They have to buy in and sellout. I know the coaches put in the time and effort to make sure the players are prepared for Friday nights.  

The water has to be drinkable. The kids know the game plan stinks and that's why they don't buy in. The kids know that the coaches don't believe in their athletic ability and that's why we are still sub .500 Slot-Ting it 23 years later.

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

It's been the kids fault for 23 years but the mental mistakes are never the coaches fault . For 18 years we've played checkers while the other coaches played chess. The past 5 we've been playing tic-tac-toe

I never said who was at fault for the mental mistakes.  I think everyone involved plays a part, coaches have to prepare the athletes and the athletes have to perform.  What I'm saying is that if they can not hurt themselves they have a chance to get in the win column.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

The water has to be drinkable. The kids know the game plan stinks and that's why they don't buy in. The kids know that the coaches don't believe in their athletic ability and that's why we are still sub .500 Slot-Ting it 23 years later.

You're 110% correct.  That's why at the next board meeting we are proposing that you be the next AD/HC. 

You know I almost feel sorry for this crop of Peerats. I mean for the past 20 years their coach has been one of the more well respected coaches in the area and apparently LAST year playing checkers was enough to beat the rest of the district "Chess" players, one of y'alls words not mine. Now all of the sudden this coach couldn't beat himself out of a wet paper back with a GPS attacyhed to his hat and someone needs to throw a life ring to the team. Now don't get me wrong, I look forward to every year against them especially when we beat them like red headed step children but come on, give the boys a break. Instead of Vidor, turn your ire on Dallas.😂 Boy I'm getting to frickin' nice, what's wrong with me.🤪

18 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

You know I almost feel sorry for this crop of Peerats. I mean for the past 20 years their coach has been one of the more well respected coaches in the area and apparently LAST year playing checkers was enough to beat the rest of the district "Chess" players, one of y'alls words not mine. Now all of the sudden this coach couldn't beat himself out of a wet paper back with a GPS attacyhed to his hat and someone needs to throw a life ring to the team. Now don't get me wrong, I look forward to every year against them especially when we beat them like red headed step children but come on, give the boys a break. Instead of Vidor, turn your ire on Dallas.😂 Boy I'm getting to frickin' nice, what's wrong with me.🤪

I don't speak for the Vidor fans, but I would say they are looking for more consistency from their team.   Vidor seems to go up for a couple of seasons and then back down again.  Staying in the top tier of the district and making the playoffs more often would be moving forward for the program.