St. Louis Saints vs Vidor Pirates

Mr. Thornton Melon

20 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Everything was all good in Pirate land last year!  I 110% believe Vidor would have won a couple, few playoffs game if the team would have been healthy but injuries are part of football...hell they lost their coach on the way to the game! But you know as well as I do that its always easier to criticize a coach, team when things are going bad. The one thing you NEVER hear is people thoughts on how to right the ship.

What amazes me, some posters seem to think Vidor goes to the spread and viola, we become a powerhouse.  If most teams run the spread, and it makes you a powerhouse, who’s losing besides Vidor?  Sorry folks but I’m pretty sure switching to the spread is not the secret answer to success.  As @raideroldtimer said,some years Vidor (and Ltown) will have better athletes and a good year.  Others, not so good.  There’s a lot of things that make winners.  One, which is often overlooked, is a winning tradition.  Ned & PNG have that, although they’re not the powerhouses they used to be.  Alas, Vidor & Ltown don’t.  Then good coaching & enough good athletes.  Matthews has been a good Coach.  Not great, but good.  I was around during Interstate 10 Vidor 0.  Back then a Coach with a .500 winning percentage would’ve been a hero.  I’ll admit this year has been extremely disappointing.  I’m no Coach so I don’t have all the answers.  If I thought Vidor switching to the spread would be a magical solution, I’d be all for it, but Vidor won 8 games last year and guess what - virtually everyone of those 8 teams ran the spread, and were defeated be a Slot T team.

20 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Am I confused? I thought they were 1200+ kids one of if not the biggest?? Not far from the next classification up and I expect vidor to grow by 24

Hanging between 1200-1225… my guess is next round 1275 will be the cutoff… banking Vidor is good