2. This is the hidden content, please
  3. Port Neches-Groves
  4. Nederland
  5. Dayton
  6. Fort Bend Willowridge
  7. Galena Park
  8. Santa Fe

This is the hidden content, please

Just so folks know the mag has: FBM, PNG, TC, Ned, Dayton, GP, FBW, Santa Fe in that order. 

I think Dayton gets the 4th spot over Ned. 🤷🏾‍♂️ I'll get a firsthand look at Ned week-2. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Just so folks know the mag has: FBM, PNG, TC, Ned, Dayton, GP, FBW, Santa Fe in that order. 

I think Dayton gets the 4th spot over Ned. 🤷🏾‍♂️ I'll get a firsthand look at Ned week-2. 

It could happen. I am very unsure about Nederland this year. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Well you would know since Ned is yalls rival. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Neds kind of lost without Vidor to beat up on.  All they have left is that insignificant MCM.   😂😂👽🤣👽😂😂

Still, somehow, someway, the Bulldogs seem to come up with a competitive team.  May not be the Bulldogs of old, but just when you think they’re out of it, bam.  Right now they probably have a “think tank” going over possible actions to give them home field advantage.  Hydraulic lifts at both ends of field so opposing team running uphill all night?  It’s a thought.  Stealing PNG’s scoreboard man who has points on Home side before opening kickoff?  Maybe.  Whatever they come up with will be unveiled in about a month.  Two away to start.  First home 9/9 against the Silsbee Tigers.

19 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Word is we are extremely young… bunch of young inexperienced pups playing… might be ugly first few weeks then come district time do enough to sneak into the playoffs. Nederland coaching staff always finds a way I will give them that. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Word is we are extremely young… bunch of young inexperienced pups playing… might be ugly first few weeks then come district time do enough to sneak into the playoffs. Nederland coaching staff always finds a way I will give them that. 

I think there's a good chance Ned starts the season 3-3. If those three wins are all district wins I think they finish a game clear of Dayton and get the 4th spot. If for any reason they make that long ride to Missouri City to play FB Willowridge and have a night like they did against KP, or lose at home to Dayton the next week, it's pretty unlikely they make the playoffs. That last month of the season is brutal for the Dogs. 

I do think Ned's schedule is more manageable than Dayton and PNG's who they'll most likely be competing with for those last two playoff spots though. 

21 hours ago, gonelsons said:

image.jpeg.4c4021349f4aa3ee25e6db22ee1cdcde.jpeg

Dancing = District Title 

Somebody would first have to make a convincing argument on why PNG won't start 0-5? I'm as high on PNG as any and think they'll run the table the last half of the regular season to at least finish 5-5(5-2) overall but with the quality I expect to see from FBM and TC it's hard to see them challenging for a district title. PNG first five games:

1. Port Arthur Memorial - home

2. Beaumont United - away

3. West Orange-Stark - away

4. Fort Bend Marshall - away

5. Texas City - home  

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Somebody would first have to make a convincing argument on why PNG won't start 0-5? I'm as high on PNG as any and think they'll run the table the last half of the regular season to at least finish 5-5(5-2) overall but with the quality I expect to see from FBM and TC it's hard to see them challenging for a district title. PNG first five games:

1. Port Arthur Memorial - home

2. Beaumont United - away

3. West Orange-Stark - away

4. Fort Bend Marshall - away

5. Texas City - home  

If they lose to the Pear Orchard Timberpups week-2 I'll be shocked. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Will they be going into game two at 1-0?  Inquiring minds want to know.

😂😂😂👽👽🤣👽👽😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I really wouldn’t be. BU eventually has to play closer to their ceiling. Who’s to say PNG won’t need a few games to get things ironed out? Our first two games under Coach Prieto in ‘19 we couldn’t even get lined up, much less try to beat somebody. I mean, maybe the new head coach and OC at BU are the key?