Hull-Daisetta Bobcats 2022 Preview

jdawg03

2022 SETXsports Team Previews

SETX Sports

School Name:Hull-Daisetta

Mascot: Bobcats

Head Coach Name: Randall Birdwell
At Current School Since:2021
Assistant Coaches: Jarrett Thibodeaux, Trent Wallace, Dean Womack, Alfredo Rodriguez, Chad Beighley, Dalinn Bellard

2021 Season Results

Last year the Hull-Daisetta Bobcats finished the season with a record of 5 and 5. The Bobcats competed in district 12--2A Div 2 and finished in 3rd place with a record of 3 wins and 2 losses.

2021 Playoffs Round Reached- BiDistrict Round

2022 Season Preview

Offensively, the Bobcats will run the Multiple Wing offense. In 2022, Look out for key returning players:

Tyler Thibodeaux, RB, Sr Conner Drake, TE, Sr Slayd Ford, OT, Sr.

Also, Logan Smith RB, Soph Kayden Flowers C, Jr.

—-could make a big impact on the offense this year.

On the defensive side of the ball, look for these returning players to make a big impact on defense this year:

Isaac Garcia LB, Sr Nian Beck DE, Sr Collin Alverson DL, SR. Damien Guzman Sec, Sr

Newcomer(s) poised to breakout in 2022 for the Bobcats include:

Krispen Sowell LB, Soph Josh Smith, Sec, Soph .

Hull-Daisetta will be running the 3-4 defense this year.

Lastly, notable special teams player(s) to watch include:

Conner Drake P/K

HULL-DAISETTA BOBCATS (0-0, 0-0)

Aug. 26 - Kountze, 7:30pm

Sept. 2 - Warren, 7:30pm

Sept. 9 - OPEN

Sept. 16 - at Hardin, 7:30pm

Sept. 23 - at West Hardin, 7:30pm

Sept. 30 - Kipp Northeast, 7:30pm

Oct. 7 - at Sabine Pass*, 7:00pm

Oct. 14 - Lovelady*, 7:00pm

Oct. 21 - at Deweyville*, 7:00pm

Oct. 28 - Colmesneil*, 7:00pm

Nov. 4 - at Evadale*, 7:00pm

28 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I like HD chances. I am always amazed at the low level of football that comprise HD football districts. Expect another playoff appearance to be added to the historic HD record book. 

I got Lovelady and Colmesneil finishing above them for sure. 

If Deweyville and Evadale are anywhere near as good as last year The Horsemen gonna be on the couch after week-11. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I got Lovelady and Colmesneil finishing above them for sure. 

If Deweyville and Evadale are anywhere near as good as last year The Horsemen gonna be on the couch after week-11. 

Definitely going to be a "pillow fight" for the ages. I have faith in the legacy and tradition of HD to get them in position for another first round exit. 

• 4 weeks later...

If HD stays political with coaches kids starting over players with more talent, HD will have a terrible season. The QB position for HD is all favoritism, there are 3-4 better options at QB for HD, but Wallace’s kid will start, Birdwell won’t ruffle feathers with his staff. Also, they keep letting athletes like Devante Broussard and now Dawson Victorian leave to Liberty and Baytown, FYI both kids will excel for these bigger schools, Devante did last year. If HD replaces the Wallace kid at QB, they win 3 more games, at this point every team that plays HD, they put 11 in the box lol. 

20 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

If HD stays political with coaches kids starting over players with more talent, HD will have a terrible season. The QB position for HD is all favoritism, there are 3-4 better options at QB for HD, but Wallace’s kid will start, Birdwell won’t ruffle feathers with his staff. Also, they keep letting athletes like Devante Broussard and now Dawson Victorian leave to Liberty and Baytown, FYI both kids will excel for these bigger schools, Devante did last year. If HD replaces the Wallace kid at QB, they win 3 more games, at this point every team that plays HD, they put 11 in the box lol. 

If HD takes your advice.. the number of games they win/lose will not be affected much if any.  It’s dependent on numbers and talent.  Or lack there of.

My money is on a massive pillow fight for the district with first round exits across the board.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:30 PM, JohnRuthDomergue said:

The Victorian kid won't be a huge factor in Liberty.  I'd guess he's either benched or quits the team before week 2.  I believe if he stays the course, he could contribute some, but not a key figure on the Panthers squad.

Wow. Quite the statement only one week into practice. Sounds like someone has an axe to grind and would rather create chaos in the program than try to help it along. Good luck with that. 

Curious as to what you mean by HD "letting" athletes leave?

46 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Curious as to what you mean by HD "letting" athletes leave?

I am curious what his answer will be as well.  One of those kids did nothing but create PROBLEMS with the football team last year and was given mulitple opportunities to come back and change his antics but he never did.  He remained a problem for the entire season.

It has to be just wonderful for a young man at HD to play sports that knows about this website. A few locals either over hype things are some disgruntled parent is ripping coaches. A small town program that should be able to just play and enjoy their time has been set up for jokes and ridicule by those individuals.  Not smart and definitely not productive. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, JimAdler said:

The Victorian kid won't be a huge factor in Liberty.  I'd guess he's either benched or quits the team before week 2.  I believe if he stays the course, he could contribute some, but not a key figure on the Panthers squad.

Lol, SMH, with his 1st carry last night vs Bay City, Victorian goes 70 yards for a TD in his 4A Debut! He also broke open another long TD and rushed for over 150 yards! Great prediction Herbstreet!

The comment letting kids leave to neighboring big schools: It’s easy to just give up on kids, it’s harder to invest and coach them. Also, the Victorian kid never was a terrible kid, HD had way worse in last few years. Over the years HD has lost some good athletes to dumb/lazy coaching decisions, and I’m not talking about on the field decisions. You can’t be a coach that just says oh well, go! Look at the Josh Finney’s and apparently the Baytown and Liberty coaches, both got kids that will play college ball. Devante Broussard and Dawson Victorian, former HD Bobcats, look them up and follow both, they are exciting to watch. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 6:36 AM, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Lol, SMH, with his 1st carry last night vs Bay City, Victorian goes 70 yards for a TD in his 4A Debut! He also broke open another long TD and rushed for over 150 yards! Great prediction Herbstreet!

The comment letting kids leave to neighboring big schools: It’s easy to just give up on kids, it’s harder to invest and coach them. Also, the Victorian kid never was a terrible kid, HD had way worse in last few years. Over the years HD has lost some good athletes to dumb/lazy coaching decisions, and I’m not talking about on the field decisions. You can’t be a coach that just says oh well, go! Look at the Josh Finney’s and apparently the Baytown and Liberty coaches, both got kids that will play college ball. Devante Broussard and Dawson Victorian, former HD Bobcats, look them up and follow both, they are exciting to watch. 

You still upset with Bird's unwillingness to ruffle feathers, his choice of QB, or his poor coaching decisions that have led to kids leaving the program?

11 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

You still upset with Bird's unwillingness to ruffle feathers, his choice of QB, or his poor coaching decisions that have led to kids leaving the program?

Ha!  I almost forgot about this post.

17 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Nope, they heard the noise, the right decision was finally made at QB, politics left out and it’s working like a charm.
2-0! HD!