Flipping Red

baddog

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

The fact that you (and so many others) think you’re smarter than them and that they’re fools because they have different concerns than you is exactly the attitude that swings their vote the other way.  And you CAN change it, and so could trump, by not being condescending to people who you’re no better than, and taking their beliefs into consideration.  But carry on, and see where it gets you.  Things are pretty peachy right now, right? 

Not sure how you got to there, I’m no better than anyone but obviously myself and many others were smart enough to see this train wreck coming but many didn’t because they have no clue as to what is going on politically.  That is something I can’t do anything about, and it’s getting worse, not better.

I’ve commented several times how the Democrats plans appear right out of the Devils playbook.  It appears Dan Bongino agrees with me.  He thinks the radical left, not your everyday Democrat, is EVIL.  Someone in the DNC needs to disavow these Loons.  Will they?  Probably not because despite their small numbers they wield a lot of power via social media.  It looks like they bot only want to destroy America but the Democratic Party as well.  November will be a wake up call for the Democrats.  Be interesting how they respond.

This is the hidden content, please

On 4/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, bullets13 said:

And folks, keep it respectable.  We can all agree or disagree and still talk like adults.  

Well

when people think it is ok to murder babies

To allow trans to take over

to allow illegals in freely that affect citizens 

to allow blm and crime to take over cities….

To allow crt and Disney to manipulate

to see all the destruction a certain side is mostly guilty of and those same people can’t see it or want to change it

well

Some people are only adults by the 2 digits and nothing else

On 4/8/2022 at 5:43 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

Not sure how you got to there, I’m no better than anyone but obviously myself and many others were smart enough to see this train wreck coming but many didn’t because they have no clue as to what is going on politically.  That is something I can’t do anything about, and it’s getting worse, not better.

But I feel like ALL of y'all weren't smart enough to see the actual train wreck coming was Trump losing to a clown because Trump wouldn't stop alienating moderate voters.

There's no difference between an uninformed voter choosing an inferior candidate because he/she is more "likable" than an informed voter choosing a candidate who is unelectable.  Both voters are stupid.

And I didn't vote for Trump in the '16 primary and didn't have the option to vote against him in the 20 primary. 

23 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

But I feel like ALL of y'all weren't smart enough to see the actual train wreck coming was Trump losing to a clown because Trump wouldn't stop alienating moderate voters.

There's no difference between an uninformed voter choosing an inferior candidate because he/she is more "likable" than an informed voter choosing a candidate who is unelectable.  Both voters are stupid.

And I didn't vote for Trump in the '16 primary and didn't have the option to vote against him in the 20 primary. 

lol, yea no difference.

One way continues energy independence, security at the border, choosing SCJ that don't cater to pedophiles and record low unemployment and the other way is what we have now, a laughing stock administration.

Only one choice was stupid, quit carrying water for the squishy moderates.

9 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol, yea no difference.

One way continues energy independence, security at the border, choosing SCJ that don't cater to pedophiles and record low unemployment and the other way is what we have now, a laughing stock administration.

Only one choice was stupid, quit carrying water for the squishy moderates.

The fact is this... most people hated Trump-that's why Biden is our President.  But gas prices and borders aren't going to change the fact that they aren't going to vote for Trump this time, either.  They didn't "learn their lesson."

But neither did the people who believe that Trump can be re-elected in 2024.  The man got his tail whipped by a geriatric fool.  If Trump runs again in 2024, we'll have some other Democrat elected.  Anybody who can't see that is blinded by their love affair with Trump. 

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The fact is this... most people hated Trump-that's why Biden is our President.  But gas prices and borders aren't going to change the fact that they aren't going to vote for Trump this time, either.  They didn't "learn their lesson."

But neither did the people who believe that Trump can be re-elected in 2024.  The man got his tail whipped by a geriatric fool.  If Trump runs again in 2024, we'll have some other Democrat elected.  Anybody who can't see that is blinded by their love affair with Trump. 

You're making my point that I have been saying for a while, we have a country full of low information voters that chose a corrupt idiot that has 50 years experience and has done nothing other than push entitlements with it over a president that had the country moving like we have never seen.

There is no helping folks that can't put results over their feelings.  We're done.  A pretty boy candidate that will swoon folks in the debates and promise free stuff is what wins these days.  

This is exactly where we are at now and there's no tuning back.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

― Alexander Fraser Tytler

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You're making my point that I have been saying for a while, we have a country full of low information voters that chose a corrupt idiot that has 50 years experience and has done nothing other than push entitlements with it over a president that had the country moving like we have never seen.

There is no helping folks that can't put results over their feelings.  We're done.  A pretty boy candidate that will swoon folks in the debates and promise free stuff is what wins these days.  

This is exactly where we are at now and there's no tuning back.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Yeah... I read the other day that 57% of all US households paid NOTHING in income taxes in 2021.  That's going to be really hard to overcome.  

A pretty boy candidate that will swoon folks in the debates and promise free stuff is what wins these days.  

I wouldn't call Biden a pretty boy or think he was a strong debater... It was just that Trump was absolutely horrible in that first debate.  But if you know that charisma and charm, etc increase a candidates likelihood of winning, then why nominate a guy who's bread and butter is being unlikable, then complain about the people who you should have already known weren't going to vote for him?  It wasn't about promising people anything.  Trump was promising lower taxes.  The guy is just unlikable, and goes out of his way to alienate people.  My Mother in Law might cook a mean spaghetti, but I still don't want to go to her house because she's such a cow.... nothing is going to change that opinion.  I'll happy heat up a can of spam if it keeps me away from her place. 

Dick Cheney would probably have made the greatest President of our lifetimes, if not history.  His knowledge of the federal government, experience, and decision making ability would have been hard to beat.  But the guy couldn't win an election to save his life.  What's interesting about Trump is that his hardcore voters are so vocal and visible, but they're a minority.  You have this core group of largely under-educated Trump voters (the guys with the flags in the back of their trucks), some die hard loyalists who DO understand the benefits that Trumps policies bring to the table, and a bunch of guy like me who held their nose and voted Trump because he was the best candidate when compared to Hillary/Biden.  But those three groups that I mentioned aren't enough to win an election.  

A political candidate has two jobs:

1.  Make it easy to vote for me.

2. Make it hard to vote for the other guy.

Trump failed miserably as a candidate by not appealing to anyone other than his core.  When a conservative like myself has to do some genuine soul-searching after the debates about whether or not to even bother voting for Trump after his childish behavior, it's no surprise that most of the country decided to vote for Biden instead.  The fact that your instinct is to say "oh, yeah? Well it just shows that you (Cardinalbacker) are a snowflake/crybaby/whatever" instead of recognizing that Trump was a disaster of a politician only underscores how little you understand about politics.

Trump illustrates what a pro-business President without even a little bit of executive or diplomatic experience can do for the economy.  Can you imagine what a qualified candidate with pro-business, America-first principals could do with a Republican Congress?

38 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah... I read the other day that 57% of all US households paid NOTHING in income taxes in 2021.  That's going to be really hard to overcome.  

A pretty boy candidate that will swoon folks in the debates and promise free stuff is what wins these days.  

I wouldn't call Biden a pretty boy or think he was a strong debater... It was just that Trump was absolutely horrible in that first debate.  But if you know that charisma and charm, etc increase a candidates likelihood of winning, then why nominate a guy who's bread and butter is being unlikable, then complain about the people who you should have already known weren't going to vote for him?  It wasn't about promising people anything.  Trump was promising lower taxes.  The guy is just unlikable, and goes out of his way to alienate people.  My Mother in Law might cook a mean spaghetti, but I still don't want to go to her house because she's such a cow.... nothing is going to change that opinion.  I'll happy heat up a can of spam if it keeps me away from her place. 

Dick Cheney would probably have made the greatest President of our lifetimes, if not history.  His knowledge of the federal government, experience, and decision making ability would have been hard to beat.  But the guy couldn't win an election to save his life.  What's interesting about Trump is that his hardcore voters are so vocal and visible, but they're a minority.  You have this core group of largely under-educated Trump voters (the guys with the flags in the back of their trucks), some die hard loyalists who DO understand the benefits that Trumps policies bring to the table, and a bunch of guy like me who held their nose and voted Trump because he was the best candidate when compared to Hillary/Biden.  But those three groups that I mentioned aren't enough to win an election.  

Trump failed miserably as a candidate by not appealing to anyone other than his core.  When a conservative like myself has to do some genuine soul-searching after the debates about whether or not to even bother voting for Trump after his childish behavior, it's no surprise that most of the country decided to vote for Biden instead.  The fact that your instinct is to say "oh, yeah? Well it just shows that you (Cardinalbacker) are a snowflake/crybaby/whatever" instead of recognizing that Trump was a disaster of a politician only underscores how little you understand about politics.

Trump illustrates what a pro-business President without even a little bit of executive or diplomatic experience can do for the economy.  Can you imagine what a qualified candidate with pro-business, America-first principals could do with a Republican Congress?

You're not the voter that I'm calling a snowflake, you have made it clear that you can't stand Trump, (I'm not a fan of the guy myself) but you STILL knew better than to vote for Biden.  I assume you knew that it would turn out bad.

The folks that worry me are those that had no clue that this was coming and the only way to get their vote is to make them feel good about themselves and what can be done for them.  

21 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You're not the voter that I'm calling a snowflake, you have made it clear that you can't stand Trump, (I'm not a fan of the guy myself) but you STILL knew better than to vote for Biden.  I assume you knew that it would turn out bad.

The folks that worry me are those that had no clue that this was coming and the only way to get their vote is to make them feel good about themselves and what can be done for them.  

It's a legitimate concern.... So many people believe that they the right to have everything that they want.... and somebody else is going to pay for it.  

My thing is that if we KNOW that the election will be decided by the middle (because it is), why nominate somebody (trump) with a minority of loyal supporters but zero support from the middle knowing that you're going to lose?  "Vote for us or you're stupid" really isn't much of a campaign theme.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You’ve made this argument a million times. When you have to repeat an argument more than 500,000 times, maybe it’s not much of an argument. Sick of reading your same old crap. It’s not like you are on to something earth shattering. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The fact is this... most people hated Trump-that's why Biden is our President…..  

In his first presidential election, Obama got 69 million votes. In his reelection he lost 3 million votes becoming only the second president to win reelection while being less popular in the last hundred years at least. The only other example I could find was the fourth term of President FDR.

I don’t recall mid Romney being hated like you claim about Trump or everybody hates him but in his first presidential campaign, Trump got more votes than Romney. In his 2020 reelection bid, Trump got 5 million more votes than Obama ever got. All the Democrats turned out for what would be the historic first black president and yet Trump got 5 million more votes in his reelection campaign than Obama in his first. In fact Trump increased his votes from 2016 to 2020 by 12,000,000 more votes. While Obama lost 3 million votes in his reelection, Trump gained 12 million.

Yes, Biden won, I think entirely due to Covid shutting down the nation for a year.

In fact, Trump got the second most votes ever of any person in American history. Trump got more votes than Reagan and Clinton in their re-election bids….. combined.

Imagine what he would’ve gotten if “most people” didn’t hate him.

I think if the election was held again today, this most hated guy would be the winner. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's a legitimate concern.... So many people believe that they the right to have everything that they want.... and somebody else is going to pay for it.  

My thing is that if we KNOW that the election will be decided by the middle (because it is), why nominate somebody (trump) with a minority of loyal supporters but zero support from the middle knowing that you're going to lose?  "Vote for us or you're stupid" really isn't much of a campaign theme.

Maybe not, but "If you vote for them you are stupid" sounds about right.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don't don't think one can reasonably doubt how well Trump did as President.  Nothing you are seeing now took place under Trump.  Plus, Trump put America first in everything he tried to do.  So my question is:  What made made Trump not "unqualified?!"

On 4/10/2022 at 8:18 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

Well

when people think it is ok to murder babies

To allow trans to take over

to allow illegals in freely that affect citizens 

to allow blm and crime to take over cities….

To allow crt and Disney to manipulate

to see all the destruction a certain side is mostly guilty of and those same people can’t see it or want to change it

well

Some people are only adults by the 2 digits and nothing else

well, insult them and get a ban, or disagree with them respectfully and don't.  I've removed, warned, and given bans to several folks over the last year, and things have gotten better on here.  I don't want to see things devolve back to the way they were before, with people constantly insulting each other and getting into childish pissing matches.  

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

In his first presidential election, Obama got 69 million votes. In his reelection he lost 3 million votes becoming only the second president to win reelection while being less popular in the last hundred years at least. The only other example I could find was the fourth term of President FDR.

I don’t recall mid Romney being hated like you claim about Trump or everybody hates him but in his first presidential campaign, Trump got more votes than Romney. In his 2020 reelection bid, Trump got 5 million more votes than Obama ever got. All the Democrats turned out for what would be the historic first black president and yet Trump got 5 million more votes in his reelection campaign than Obama in his first. In fact Trump increased his votes from 2016 to 2020 by 12,000,000 more votes. While Obama lost 3 million votes in his reelection, Trump gained 12 million.

Yes, Biden won, I think entirely due to Covid shutting down the nation for a year.

In fact, Trump got the second most votes ever of any person in American history. Trump got more votes than Reagan and Clinton in their re-election bids….. combined.

Imagine what he would’ve gotten if “most people” didn’t hate him.

I think if the election was held again today, this most hated guy would be the winner. 

I agree with what you're saying, but with an exception or two.

Population growth has to be figured in when regarding vote totals.  Also, voter participation rates are a huge factor.  

What Trump did REALLY well is motivate people to get out and vote against him.  Yes, to vote for him, but obviously he encouraged even more to get out and vote against him.  Mitt Romney is the opposite.  He didn't encourage anybody to vote for him, but nobody felt motivated to get out to the polls for the first time in who knows how long and vote Obama because they couldn't stand Romney.  Romney was so bland that he even cost Obama votes via low voter turnout.

Your last statement is probably true... and he'd need to thank all of the social medial outlets for banning him so he can't blast his garbage out 24/7.  Getting kicked off of social media actually helps him. 

31 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I don't don't think one can reasonably doubt how well Trump did as President.  Nothing you are seeing now took place under Trump.  Plus, Trump put America first in everything he tried to do.  So my question is:  What made made Trump not "unqualified?!"

Oh, I can... 

1.  Lost both houses of Congress

2.  Ballooned the national debt

3.  Got impeached 2x

4.  Failed to repeal/replace Obamacare

5.  Failed to secure the border

6.  Strained diplomatic relationships around the world

7.  Lackluster response to the pandemic

8.  The revolving door of cabinet members

9.  Rudolph Giuliani...  that's all I have to say

10.  The disgraceful behavior after losing the election in 2020... Trump was literally channeling Woody Hayes there for a month or so. 

A lot of people would blame the economic failure of the last year of his administration on Trump, but I point at the pandemic as the cause of that.  

Trump lacked a basic understanding of what it takes to manage the federal government, with all that entails.  Why don't we just elect some guy off of the street to be our District Attorney?  Why does your County Judge and Commissioners have to take hours and hours of courses upon taking office?  Trump (like all new politicians) lacked the experience in Parliamentary Procedure, basic ethics for elected officials, etc.. 

Why don't we take some guy that manages a Dairy Queen and put him in charge of the army?  Leadership is leadership, right?  Well, we elected a guy with zero military experience AND zero government experience to be the commander and chief of our armed forces.   Does that sound smart?  Did it work out ok?  More or less.  Were we lucky?  Absolutely.  Was his heart in the right place regarding putting our interests first?  I believe so.  

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Oh, I can... 

1.  Lost both houses of Congress    Happens all the time

2.  Ballooned the national debt        Been doing this.  A little disappointed he could not get a handle on it.  

3.  Got impeached 2x                        Just because the Dems had the numbers.

4.  Failed to repeal/replace Obamacare     John McCain - That's all I have to say.

5.  Failed to secure the border          Was building the wall.  Illegal immigration was down.

6.  Strained diplomatic relationships around the world  America first.  Not getting hosed by the rest of the world.  Good thing!

7.  Lackluster response to the pandemic     Operation Warp Speed

8.  The revolving door of cabinet members    Trying to find the right loyal people.  

9.  Rudolph Giuliani...  that's all I have to say    This one,well, it's a matter of opinion.  He cleaned up NY didn't he?

10.  The disgraceful behavior after losing the election in 2020... Trump was literally channeling Woody Hayes there for a month or so.   Now this one will remain open until all the facts come in concerning election fraud or not.  It may take a little time to prove one way or the other like it took time to prove the Russia Collusion was a hoax.

A lot of people would blame the economic failure of the last year of his administration on Trump, but I point at the pandemic as the cause of that.    It was the pandemic.  He had the economy going up until then.  

Trump lacked a basic understanding of what it takes to manage the federal government, with all that entails.  Why don't we just elect some guy off of the street to be our District Attorney?  Why does your County Judge and Commissioners have to take hours and hours of courses upon taking office?  Trump (like all new politicians) lacked the experience in Parliamentary Procedure, basic ethics for elected officials, etc.. 

Why don't we take some guy that manages a Dairy Queen and put him in charge of the army?  Leadership is leadership, right?  Well, we elected a guy with zero military experience AND zero government experience to be the commander and chief of our armed forces.   Does that sound smart?  Did it work out ok?  More or less.  Were we lucky?  Absolutely.  Was his heart in the right place regarding putting our interests first?  I believe so.  

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Oh, I can... 

1.  Lost both houses of Congress

2.  Ballooned the national debt

3.  Got impeached 2x

4.  Failed to repeal/replace Obamacare

5.  Failed to secure the border

6.  Strained diplomatic relationships around the world

7.  Lackluster response to the pandemic

8.  The revolving door of cabinet members

9.  Rudolph Giuliani...  that's all I have to say

10.  The disgraceful behavior after losing the election in 2020... Trump was literally channeling Woody Hayes there for a month or so. 

A lot of people would blame the economic failure of the last year of his administration on Trump, but I point at the pandemic as the cause of that.  

Says the guy who thinks Bill Clinton was the greatest president of all time, lol.

Also, that Trump lacked the basic "ethics" of elected officials is what made him more welcome.  By your standard we'll keep electing the same old crooked (but experienced) politicians like Biden.

Your TDS really came out on that one.

41 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Says the guy who thinks Bill Clinton was the greatest president of all time, lol.

Also, that Trump lacked the basic "ethics" of elected officials is what made him more welcome.  By your standard we'll keep electing the same old crooked (but experienced) politicians like Biden.

Clinton was definitely more of a fiscal conservative than Bush II, or Trump.  The debt/deficit doesn't lie. 

42 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I left out "got his cheeks clapped" by Joe Biden.