Flipping Red

baddog

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Does a jerk from the other side elicit the same reaction from you? Do those jerks hurt their party in the same why? (Rhetorical). Why not? Is it because of Trump's actions or does the media sway the temperature in favor of one party? Does the media refer to these people as "jerks" or "patriots"? Do the jerks you refer to have impunity or need to walk on eggshells based on which side of the political isle they hail from? (Again, rhetorical.) Will you blame a political loss on the "jerk"? (Again, rhetorical.) Have fun fuming at and chastising the new "jerk" while ignoring the other jerks.

No, I don’t really have a voice on the other side. But the right IS the side which I support, and I’m very comfortable calling out behavior that will lead to positions which will lead to our defeat… like nominating trump again. 

18 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You guys kill me, our country is blowing up and you're worried about Republicans.

Keep up!

That's how we feel when the republican president hands the presidential election to the dems and y'all are more worried about criticizing the people who voted against him. 

That said, the goal here is for Republicans to keep control once they gain it, so that the country quits blowing up.  It doesn't do any good to take back over if a few space cadets help hand it back to the left in 2 years.   Marjorie Taylor Greene reported Jimmy Kimmel to the capitol police yesterday because he made a joke about her and said "Where's Will Smith when you need him?"  She literally filed a police report due to a "threat of violence."  And she's one of Trump's most vocal backers.  She's as loony as Nancy Pelosi, and she's the likely next Republican presidential nominee's biggest and loudest fan.  You're dang right I'm worried about (some) republicans.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

That's how we feel when the republican president hands the presidential election to the dems and y'all are more worried about criticizing the people who voted against him. 

That said, the goal here is for Republicans to keep control once they gain it, so that the country quits blowing up.  It doesn't do any good to take back over if a few space cadets help hand it back to the left in 2 years.   Marjorie Taylor Greene reported Jimmy Kimmel to the capitol police yesterday because he made a joke about her and said "Where's Will Smith when you need him?"  She literally filed a police report due to a "threat of violence."  And she's one of Trump's most vocal backers.  She's as loony as Nancy Pelosi, and she's the likely next Republican presidential nominee's biggest and loudest fan.  You're dang right I'm worried about (some) republicans.  

After what the Biden regime has done to this country so far your really worried about some Republicans and that the moderates and independents are gonna want some more of this 💩? If they don’t fix 2020 it isn’t going to matter. 

One of the few Republicans that represents the people.

If we have a voting bloc large enough to be swayed by this after all that has been done and undone under this administration, it’s over anyway, we’re done.

3 hours ago, Unwoke said:

After what the Biden regime has done to this country so far your really worried about some Republicans and that the moderates and independents are gonna want some more of this 💩? If they don’t fix 2020 it isn’t going to matter. 

One of the few Republicans that represents the people.

Voters have a short memory, and there's always some flash in the pan that'll come along and look like a better option.  gotta keep control when we get it, at least long enough for the woke fad to die off some, which has got to happen sometime in the near future.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Buddy, I've been saying this for over a year now.  Trump literally gave the white house to a imbecile and another imbecile, and the Trumpers are all like "Oh, Boy!  Trump's gonna run again!"

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

If we have a voting bloc large enough to be swayed by this after all that has been done and undone under this administration, it’s over anyway, we’re done.

The thing about it is this... we're seeing the results of following extremist principles on the left right now.  The wanton spending, "woke" narratives being forced on everybody, and general decline of our society.

There are two things that can happen.

1.  Equally repugnant extremists on the Right can say "Oh, Boy!  Now EVERYBODY sees that extreme leftism isn't the answer... extreme right wing views are the answer" and run out a bunch of freaking wingnuts and destroy whatever momentum that is heading our way.

2.  The common sense conservatives can make a stand on their own, dragging the party back to center right where we can actually win a persistent majority from the middle, even if the hardcore coolaid drinkers on the right don't think we're doing enough.  

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Buddy, I've been saying this for over a year now.  Trump literally gave the white house to a imbecile and another imbecile, and the Trumpers are all like "Oh, Boy!  Trump's gonna run again!"

I struggle with the "so what if they voted against trump because he was intentionally unlikeable, they're all morons because things turned out terrible!" argument.  

32 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The thing about it is this... we're seeing the results of following extremist principles on the left right now.  The wanton spending, "woke" narratives being forced on everybody, and general decline of our society.

There are two things that can happen.

1.  Equally repugnant extremists on the Right can say "Oh, Boy!  Now EVERYBODY sees that extreme leftism isn't the answer... extreme right wing views are the answer" and run out a bunch of freaking wingnuts and destroy whatever momentum that is heading our way.

2.  The common sense conservatives can make a stand on their own, dragging the party back to center right where we can actually win a persistent majority from the middle, even if the hardcore coolaid drinkers on the right don't think we're doing enough.  

Ok you worry about that one, I’ll worry about there being enough idiots to re-elect the two fools.

6 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Ok you worry about that one, I’ll worry about there being enough idiots to re-elect the two fools.

and you'll still be worried about the wrong thing.  You have to win the middle or you win nothing.  it's amazing how rigid the conservative right is.  "heck no we won't compromise a little towards the middle to improve our chances of winning, we'll just shout the same views the middle voted against last time even louder and call everyone who votes against us fools and idiots!  There's no way we can fail, but if we do it's because they're so dumb, not because some of our policies and beliefs are becoming outdated and irrelevant."

34 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

and you'll still be worried about the wrong thing.  You have to win the middle or you win nothing.  it's amazing how rigid the conservative right is.  "heck no we won't compromise a little towards the middle to improve our chances of winning, we'll just shout the same views the middle voted against last time even louder and call everyone who votes against us fools and idiots!  There's no way we can fail, but if we do it's because they're so dumb, not because some of our policies and beliefs are becoming outdated and irrelevant."

Can’t worry about something I can’t change.  I understand smaller gov, lower taxes, policed borders, having to pay for your school and strict definitions of a man and woman are outdated, but I’ll stick to those and many others that simply make sense.  I understand there are lots of moderates in this country that have no clue what is going on and consider the election no different from American Idol, not gonna waste my time worrying about those fools and wouldn’t want a country dictated by their needs. Like I said, I’ll worry about the Democrats getting re-elected, you and CB worry about those crazy Republicans. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Big difference between giving and stealing or just maybe in your book it’s the same. Lol

I struggle with the "so what if they voted against trump because he was intentionally unlikeable, they're all morons because things turned out terrible!" argument.  

Right...  I'll even go so far as to say that most of the posters here are more intelligent than the average voter.  Or at least more interested.  At the end of the day the "great unwashed" are who must be won by either side to emerge as the winner.  

It makes no sense to set out to offend those votes that you HAVE to have by being a boor, or by championing unpopular ideas because they're "right" in our own way of evaluating the issues.  The masses didn't love Trump... they disliked Hillary.  The masses didn't love Biden... they HATED Trump.  Nobody is going to be like "Oh, I learned my lesson!  Give us those mean tweets!"  They still rightfully can't stand the guy.  

Grabbing an unpopular, polarizing issue that is guaranteed to be a non-starter for half of the electorate as your hill to die on is just stupid.  Want to win the general in 2024?  Don't even MENTION the word abortion.  Focus on getting our nation back on track.  Promise to pardon Hunter Biden.  Promise to focus on the fact that the average American is spending $350/month more for the basics than they were a year ago.... Not betting that a strong stand over trans athletes being banished from sport or corralling CRT as the basis for what you're trying to accomplish.  

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Can’t worry about something I can’t change.  I understand smaller gov, lower taxes, policed borders, having to pay for your school and strict definitions of a man and woman are outdated, but I’ll stick to those and many others that simply make sense.  I understand there are lots of moderates in this country that have no clue what is going on and consider the election no different from American Idol, not gonna waste my time worrying about those fools and wouldn’t want a country dictated by their needs. Like I said, I’ll worry about the Democrats getting re-elected, you and CB worry about those crazy Republicans. 

The fact that you (and so many others) think you’re smarter than them and that they’re fools because they have different concerns than you is exactly the attitude that swings their vote the other way.  And you CAN change it, and so could trump, by not being condescending to people who you’re no better than, and taking their beliefs into consideration.  But carry on, and see where it gets you.  Things are pretty peachy right now, right? 

54 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Whatever you say, Chicken Little. 

Just trying to help CardinalPecker.

Question: Were the DOJ and FBI involved in pushing the Russia Hoax on a incoming and sitting President (Trump)? I’ll wait for an answer.

Here is some chicken little for you. Just 2 hours ago A jury just found the Michigan militia not guilty due to FBI entrapment in the Michigan Governor Whitney Hoax.

13 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

The fact that you (and so many others) think you’re smarter than them and that they’re fools because they have different concerns than you is exactly the attitude that swings their vote the other way.  And you CAN change it, and so could trump, by not being condescending to people who you’re no better than, and taking their beliefs into consideration.  But carry on, and see where it gets you.  Things are pretty peachy right now, right? 

Common sense is a prized commodity now days.

14 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Common sense is a prized commodity now days.

Agree.  The issue is that folks on both polar ends of the spectrum equate common sense with whatever rabid fanaticism they align to, and believe that anyone who doesn’t feel the same lacks it.