Beaumont united is open!!! / Darrell Colbert Sr. New HC

lcm93

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Just curious, and your opinion -- you ever see a less athletic team win a football game?

Sure.  But I don't think you'll see many SC wins brought about by a combination of school spirit and nice facilities.   Because that's about all PNG has working for them these days. 

34 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Just because this last PNG coach couldn't win a Title, why blame the kids?  This last guy had one of the best QB's in PNG history, and probably the state, and couldn't do anything with it.  Just saying!

you've been (ineffectively) beating this dead horse for months.  PNG DOES NOT have the talent to win a state championship in 5A, HAS NOT HAD the talent to win it in 5A, and WILL NOT be getting the talent to win a state championship in 5A.  Bellichek isn't winning a state championship if he comes down from New England to coach them.  Nobody is blaming the kids or the coach.  It's reality.  Now lets get back on topic.  

Idk much about him. I will say, I watched Westbury play Pasadena Memorial last season, and they should have beaten Memorial by at least double digits, but I thought their offense was poorly schemed. They just kept running the ball up the middle when they had a better time getting to the perimeter. So they kept Memorial in the game, and eventually allowed a long run for TD, then a special teams TD, then a long pass, and lost the game.

Westbury isn't totally devoid of talent, but I thought they could have been coached better. Take of that what you will.

3 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Idk much about him. I will say, I watched Westbury play Pasadena Memorial last season, and they should have beaten Memorial by at least double digits, but I thought their offense was poorly schemed. They just kept running the ball up the middle when they had a better time getting to the perimeter. So they kept Memorial in the game, and eventually allowed a long run for TD, then a special teams TD, then a long pass, and lost the game.

Westbury isn't totally devoid of talent, but I thought they could have been coached better. Take of that what you will.

He should have more talent at United, hopefully he can get more kids out for football. 

I think he was a higher up in HISD athletic admin before the Westbury job. I was at Westbury as a running backs coach when Ajani Sanders was the head coach. Once everyone left at the end of 2015, they hired Greg Wilson for a few years, and then once Wilson left they brought in Colbert. Coaching at Westbury is tough because a lot of talented kids that live near Westbury end up going to other schools in the district.

13 minutes ago, Coach Frey said:

I think he was a higher up in HISD athletic admin before the Westbury job. I was at Westbury as a running backs coach when Ajani Sanders was the head coach. Once everyone left at the end of 2015, they hired Greg Wilson for a few years, and then once Wilson left they brought in Colbert. Coaching at Westbury is tough because a lot of talented kids that live near Westbury end up going to other schools in the district.

Curious:  Do these kids have a choice in which school to attend?

23 hours ago, Reagan said:

Curious:  Do these kids have a choice in which school to attend?

Looking at the map, Fort Bend Marshall and Stafford are nearby to Westbury to the SW, Willowridge to the south, Sharpstown to the NW, Bellaire to the north, Madison to the SE and Worthing to the east. That's without getting into the charters and privates that were mentioned, like Strake Jesuit, Episcopal, and Kinkaid.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:31 PM, Coach Frey said:

I'm not sure of the HISD policy but I know there were a lot of charters, privates, magnets, etc in that area that pulled kids. 

Always look at the demographics.  Every school inside 610 is becoming more of a futbol campus vs football.  For the most part, the HISD talent can be found at Lamar with Bellaire a distant 2nd.....

4 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

3rd......

HISD football is Lamar is the tallest midget.........

Northshore to the East

Katy to the West

Westfield and Spring battle with The Woodlands and a couple of Klein schools....

with the boom thats going on 69 headed north, I believe thoes schools are going to get alot better also. Like the New Caney District, C.E King, Porter ect...

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

with the boom thats going on 69 headed north, I believe thoes schools are going to get alot better also. Like the New Caney District, C.E King, Porter ect...

You may be on to something if it blows up like the 59 corridor......

I haven't been past Lumberton on Hwy 69 North in years. (Normally hit 96 North)