Beaumont united is open!!! / Darrell Colbert Sr. New HC

lcm93

1 hour ago, Matthew328 said:

His name appearing on the FOI probably did him in...its one reason I don't request them publicly...you get people who are vindictive at times

I don't know if its vindictive. Graham obviously didn't want to be at BU. He applied for jobs after both his seasons there. You can't build the type of relationships a Head coach needs with his players if you're looking to move on after the first season. Peace out Graham! 

2 hours ago, Yeoj said:

I don't know if its vindictive. Graham obviously didn't want to be at BU. He applied for jobs after both his seasons there. You can't build the type of relationships a Head coach needs with his players if you're looking to move on after the first season. Peace out Graham! 

Its absolutely vindictive if thats the only reason why.....if Graham had an interview and didnt inform his boss of such then  at that point I can understand a reassignment based on the lack of communication..but simply applying for other jobs? No way that's bad business IMO...but lets face it right now Beaumont ISD isn't a geat place to work if you are a HFC, so seeing their HC's apply for other jobs shouldn't be a shock

21 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Its absolutely vindictive if thats the only reason why.....if Graham had an interview and didnt inform his boss of such then  at that point I can understand a reassignment based on the lack of communication..but simply applying for other jobs? No way that's bad business IMO...but lets face it right now Beaumont ISD isn't a geat place to work if you are a HFC, so seeing their HC's apply for other jobs shouldn't be a shock

So applying for another job when you haven't been on your current job a whole calendar year is good business? There's not an industry where that practice is considered good business. If he feels that bad about BISD, he should not have applied let alone taken the job!

1 minute ago, Yeoj said:

So applying for another job when you haven't been on your current job a whole calendar year is good business? There's not an industry where that practice is considered good business. If he feels that bad about BISD, he should not have applied let alone taken the job!

That in bold! I said the same exact thing the minute I found out he applied for the La Porte job after his 1st season at United 😂 out of all jobs to try to get that let me know everything I needed to know. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That in bold! I said the same exact thing the minute I found out he applied for the La Porte job after his 1st season at United 😂 out of all jobs to try to get that let me know everything I needed to know. 

Hell look how people talked about the Oregon coach when he did that and left to go to FSU. Or, when Kiffin stiffed Tennessee for USC. That's just ridiculous. Truth be told Graham should never have even gotten an interview for the United job and look how grateful he was. SMDH...

2 hours ago, Yeoj said:

So when is getting a better job with better pay considered a bad thing?? Isn't that what anyone wants to do?? Would you want your boss letting you go simply because you applied for another job that was a step up? I sure wouldn't!

Most districts I work with have zero issues with head coaches applying for other jobs thats the cost of doing business in a competitve market like TXHSFB Head Coaches...where the issues with most AD's and admin comes is when you get an interview and you dont communicate that up the chain...but simply applying is a non-issue...

I guarantee you those admins who are pissed about Graham applying out are probably putting in apps to better paying jobs as well...their names just dont end up in the media

Regardless of personal feelings LaPorte (and Jasper) are better jobs than Beaumont United, better pay, better facilities and a better setup in regards to vertical alignment. 

• BMTSoulja1 changed the title to Beaumont united is open!!! / Darrell Colbert Sr. New HC